News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Please Don't Make This a Movie

Started by Zombie Gunn, January 21, 2009, 08:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Gunn

Its the traditional _____ would be a great movie, with a twist.

What books should NOT be made into movies?

I'm goint to go with Stephen King's Dark Tower as my first choice.

While I can envision a great movie in my head (lotr style with 70s clint eastwood as Roland) it wouldn't happen that way.

They'd cast somebody horrible for the part of Roland and probably butcher the whole story.

jayjames

I'm going to go with the Anita Blake series by Laurell. K. Hamilton.

Unfortunately she's writing a script now, but I think she should just stop. There's no way to bring a necromancer who's screwing four guys to the big screen without losing a whole lot in translation.

Kendell Smith

Quote from: It's AlexK's Fault on January 21, 2009, 08:03:13 PM
I'm goint to go with Stephen King's Dark Tower as my first choice.

Sorry Jesse, JJ Abrams already has the rights to make the Dark Tower series of movies when Lost finishes.

Zombie Gunn

Oh god no!!!!

Well, if anybody could do it right... I'd say abrams is a good pick.

chunkylover

Triple B

Bill Clinton's autobiography would be sweet.

And any of the "Dirk Pitt" stories by Clive Cussler would suck.  Cause... they already did one and it sucked.

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Goldferg

please don't make a holywood movie of:
Any book by Terry Pratchett.
Any book by HP Lovecraft
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Can they unmake all the Stephen King 'B' movies or TV movies (usually the ones where he has a cameo)

That would be a good start for me. I am pretty much a King-o-nite its all I read, but I have to admit my favourite books usually are made into God awful movies.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Zombie Gunn

Hearts in Atlantis has got to be the worst movie made off of a great book.

jayjames

Quote from: Teh Jammah on February 16, 2009, 04:36:56 PM
please don't make a holywood movie of:
Any book by Terry Pratchett.
Any book by HP Lovecraft

Lovecraft has already kinda been done right? I think?

Mike Storm

I wish Eragon and Harry Potter weren't made into movies. Yes I read Harry Potter, so what

Zombie Gunn

Quote from: Mike Storm on February 22, 2009, 06:25:53 AM
I wish Eragon and Harry Potter weren't made into movies. Yes I read Harry Potter, so what

I've read the first 6, and while the movies can be annoying with the things they change and leave out, they're at least entertaining.

Drama Queen

The thing about the Harry Potter movies is the first two were alright because they were based on shorter books. But Order of the Phoenix was 800+ pages... yet the movie was barely two hours. If they're not going to at least make an effort, then why bother?... oh yeah, because it will still make money anyway :(

monopolygezzer

I Am legends should not have been made into a film, the read the book after wards and it nothing like the film.

Drama Queen

I can't understand why they Hollywooded the Da Vinci Code. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, but so much of it was random narrative about nothing to do with the overall story that I don't know how they expected it to be entertaining on screen, even with an actor of Tom Hanks caliber. (I admit I have not watched it, I am merely stating I cannot fathom how it would be anyway interesting visually)

On the opposite end of this topic, I DO hope they make a movie of Water For Elephants, as long as they do it justice of course.

And I would like to see the Uglies trilogy, though only if they put more effort into it than they did with the HP movies.