News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

When I get lame and emo, I listen to...

Started by Marq, August 05, 2009, 07:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

When I get lame and emo, I listen to...the same thing I listen to otherwise? lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Jimmy Chisel

This is one that I reserve for my darkest hours:

Rob

The Smiths
Elliott Smith
Nick Drake
Zero 7
Jose Gonzalez
SixersEagles

[/center]

calvin

Emo isn't lame. There is a lot of good bands out there who are considered emo. For example, Saves the Day. One of my favourite bands is considered emo. Now, you probably wouldnt' like the lyrics or anything like that, but the MUSIC is amazing. They used killer effects on their lead. I don't necessarily categorize any music anymore. I can listen to pretty much anything as long as it catches my interest.

Stoner

I tend to listen to the more sad metals.  "Fade to Black" and "For Whom the Bell Tolls" comes to mind off the top of my head.  "Hollow" by Pantera is pretty good too

If that doesn't work I crank up Billy Idol and Journey.  Seriously.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Marq

Quote from: calvin on August 17, 2009, 01:47:59 PM
Emo isn't lame. There is a lot of good bands out there who are considered emo. For example, Saves the Day. One of my favourite bands is considered emo. Now, you probably wouldnt' like the lyrics or anything like that, but the MUSIC is amazing. They used killer effects on their lead. I don't necessarily categorize any music anymore. I can listen to pretty much anything as long as it catches my interest.

I didn't say emo was lame, and I surely didn't mean to categorize "emo" as music -- I just said that when I, myself, GET emo, I listen to Damien Rice. That's all, calm down.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Excaligore

Way to read, Calvin.

calvin

Quote from: Marq on August 18, 2009, 06:56:51 AM

I didn't say emo was lame, and I surely didn't mean to categorize "emo" as music -- I just said that when I, myself, GET emo, I listen to Damien Rice. That's all, calm down.

okay I get it now. HAH. it can be taken both ways. The band that really hits the spot when I'm upset is well, saves the day. Most notably the album In Reverie. Very chilling music, and amazing guitar effects makes for a good calm down.  I usually play some guitar too.. sometimes Alice in Chains,   or whatever, depends on how upset i am and if I"m motivated enough to tune my guitar.

calvin

Quote from: Excallicliff on August 18, 2009, 08:22:26 AM

Way to read, Calvin.

I don't have a problem with people correcting me but I have a problem when people say things like this. I did read, I read every post.. so I took it the wrong way.. who cares? People can misunderstand things. A LOT of people categorize their music as "emo" as well as the emotion. Which also shouldn't be used because I think its wrong to label people like that. But thats not the point. The point was I merely took it the wrong way. Well actually, I took it the right way because emo did start out as a kind of music. and now its a stereotypical fashion statement. So eh.

Excaligore

Quote from: calvin on August 19, 2009, 08:03:35 PM
Quote from: Excallicliff on August 18, 2009, 08:22:26 AM

Way to read, Calvin.

I don't have a problem with people correcting me but I have a problem when people say things like this. I did read, I read every post.. so I took it the wrong way.. who cares? People can misunderstand things. A LOT of people categorize their music as "emo" as well as the emotion. Which also shouldn't be used because I think its wrong to label people like that. But thats not the point. The point was I merely took it the wrong way. Well actually, I took it the right way because emo did start out as a kind of music. and now its a stereotypical fashion statement. So eh.

This topic is not about the emo genre of music or what you classify it as. It's about what you listen to when you're angry or depressed to make you feel better, Calvin. It can be emo or anything, technically. Once again: Way to read, Calvin.

chunkylover

Emo isn't even a genre. Music is getting too divided into genres these days, it's a pisstake.

Excaligore

I thought it was a classification for "Emotional Hardcore" or something really lame like that. Then again, most things classified as emo can very much not be classified as hardcore.

chunkylover

It's emotive hardcore, but find an emotive hardcore track that is both Emotive and Hardcore. It's just too rough to be emotive. It's kind of like "Nazi Rom-Com" No matter how much Hitler loved Eva, you can't sympathise whilst you're watching him kill Jews.

Alex Smiley

I felt pretty lame and emo this past weekend (read Experts/PWR forums for info), and one song I found myself listening to most was "Hurt" by Johnny Cash.

"What have I become, my sweetest friend?/Everyone one I know goes away, in the end"

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.