News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Jay Cutler Traded...

Started by CellBlock, April 02, 2009, 05:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CellBlock

Source: ESPN.com

The Chicago Bears pulled the big upset Thursday afternoon by acquiring Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, a source told ESPN.com.

The Broncos confirmed the move.

To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 and 2010, a source said.

To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back an undisclosed draft choice in a later round.

The Bears beat out the Redskins, Buccaneers, Lions, Titans and other teams to get land the 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback.

The Broncos had been asking for at least two first-round choices.

Cutler asked to be traded when he found out first-year coach Josh McDaniels tried to acquire Matt Cassel in a trade with the Patriots.

Cutler had not returned phone calls from the Broncos, according to the team, and had been staying away from the offseason program.

Cory

Congrats Ian, you got the biggest whiner in the NFL.

At least he can throw a pass I guess to their Impact WR's.....

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

CellBlock

Impact WR?  Hester? Llyod?  Give me a break.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I couldnt care less Core we have needed someone like this since the days of Jim McMahon. A leader who can take the Bears far and give us a half decent Quarter Back. Today for me personally is something I have been waiting for since Cutler was announced on the block I had a feeling we could get him and we did. Exactly what the franchise needs.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Quote from: Cell Block on April 02, 2009, 05:55:23 PM
Impact WR?  Hester? Llyod?  Give me a break.

lol, that was the joke.

I donno, I've always liked the Bears because of their fantastic defence, so hopefully they'll do well next year with Cutler....and lose to my Eagles in the playoffs.

Tom Foolery

As a Broncos fan this makes me angry as all hell and I've been drinking all night because of it.  I love football and I go watch the Broncos play once a year when they come to San Diego because I live in Socal.  But Josh McDaniels is a moron and Pat Bowlen is an even bigger moron for allowing him to ruin a fine franchise.  All we needed was a good D and we'd be set.  Cutler was 13-1 when the D gave up 20 points or less.  Get him a D and he's a winner.  Calling Cutler a whiner isn't fair because he was treated badly and lied to.  I trust Cutler more then I trust a man who came from a cheating organization.  All Billichick disciples have turned out to be failures and McD will prove to be the same...it's a sad time to be a Broncos fan.  I hope for the best but if we draft Mark Sanchez I'll keel over and have a heart attack...I hate Sanchez.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I think Sanchez was who the Bears were originally looking at to backup Orton. So effectively you can have our altertnative universe QB  combo next season :)

CellBlock

If you ask me, Cutler is a whiner.  Did you hear Jason Campbell go off the deep end when there was mention Cutler might go to Washington?  No.  Cutler should have handled the situation a lot better by going to the coaches and talking with them instead of flipping out.  Think of the team and not yourself, Cutler.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I think the Bears have a strong enough locker room presence to not allow that in his new team. To be honest I am rather excited that we signed him.

Fnord

I live in Chicago.  I am more than happy to get rid of the Grossman/Orton combo and welcome Jay Cutler and his bomb throwing arm onto the team!  The Cutler/Forte/Olsen combo will rule!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

CellBlock

You should be happy to get Cutler.  He's one of the leagues best QBs and he's young so he will be around a long time.

Tom Foolery

Quote from: Cell Block on April 03, 2009, 12:11:23 PM
If you ask me, Cutler is a whiner.  Did you hear Jason Campbell go off the deep end when there was mention Cutler might go to Washington?  No.  Cutler should have handled the situation a lot better by going to the coaches and talking with them instead of flipping out.  Think of the team and not yourself, Cutler.

Jason who?  Oh you mean that guy who is only fit to be a backup quarterback that's thrown for only 23 TDs in two years as a started vs Cutlers 45?  Jason Campbell couldn't hold a candle to Jay Cutler.  Any great quarterback would get up in arms about this, especailly when they've been made out to be THE quarterback and is all of a sudden is on the trading block for a one year wonder.

As for Cutler going to the Bears you guys will love him, sometimes he forces the ball but don't let that fool you he's only really going into his 4th season and it'll be his 3rd full season as a starter.  I guess I'll put my authentic Cutler jersey with the captains logo on it back in the closet with my Clinton Portis authentic jersey and stick with my Terrell Davis or John Elway jersey.

Cory

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 03, 2009, 05:03:14 PM
Quote from: Cell Block on April 03, 2009, 12:11:23 PM

Jason who?  Oh you mean that guy who is only fit to be a backup quarterback that's thrown for only 23 TDs in two years as a started vs Cutlers 45?  Jason Campbell couldn't hold a candle to Jay Cutler.  Any great quarterback would get up in arms about this, especailly when they've been made out to be THE quarterback and is all of a sudden is on the trading block for a one year wonder.

As for Cutler going to the Bears you guys will love him, sometimes he forces the ball but don't let that fool you he's only really going into his 4th season and it'll be his 3rd full season as a starter.  I guess I'll put my authentic Cutler jersey with the captains logo on it back in the closet with my Clinton Portis authentic jersey and stick with my Terrell Davis or John Elway jersey.

Maybe get a Dawkins?

.....still can't fucking believe we let him go.

Tom Foolery

Yeah I really thought Dawkins was just using Denver as leverage to get a better deal with Philly and when we signed him I was exstatic.  I think I really did shit a brick.  He's an awesome guy and his leadership skills are second to none.  I think I might just go ahead and get a Dawkins jersey and hope we draft Graham Harrell in the 4th so I can modify my Cutler jersey into a Harrell jersey.

Cory

Fuck off, Eagles getting Harrell. I mean, he's not going to be nearly as good outside of that redicous pass game from Texas tech, but still. I think he'l be a sleeper.

I hope you guys love Dawk as much as we did........all I can say is week 4 (i think) where the Bronc's come to Philly, I can't imagine the reception Dawk is going to get. A 10 minute clap or something would be fucking awesome.