Question About Pre-Ordering Games And Consoles

Started by Jon Tees, July 10, 2013, 09:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Tees

Do they bill you immediately after the order is placed or only when whatever you pre-order becomes available and gets shipped? Oddly, in all of my years of gaming (started in 86 or 87) I never really pre-ordered anything before. I usually wait to right after the item is released or after it's been out for a while to get it. But I'm really considering pre-ordering either a PS4 or an Xbox One. No idea why considering the fact that I already own a WII U which I purchased a few months after it's release.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

Stoner

Its up to you, actually.

I don't know about other stores, this is Gamestop policy.  You can decide to pay it all as soon as you pre-order, or you can pay a little bit at a time.  Or you can put down an initial 5 dollars and then pay the rest when you pick up the game.  For example as soon as they were announced, my baby mama and I preordered Pokemon X and Y.  We put ten dollars on each game and have been paying another five to ten each month on them.  We will have them paid off before they come out, but we're doing it a little at a time so we know we don't accidentally screw ourselves out of that extra cash we might need on any particular month.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

TheBritishVixen

I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite at ASDA (the UK arm of Wal-Mart) and expected to pay for it there and then. Got told "pay when you pick up".

I think it varies from store to store tbh.

Jon Tees

I pre-ordered WWE 2K14 just to experiment several days ago and was not billed so I assume that I will be when the game comes out/gets shipped to me. Ordered it online through Amazon.com

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com