News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2012-13 College Football Thread

Started by Cory, August 30, 2012, 05:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

DnK Heisman Top 5
----

1. Collin Klein
2. Johnny Manziel
3. Kenjon Barner
4. Manti T'eo
5. Braxton Miller

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

MattWard

OHHHHH Yeah Notre Dame shuts out Wake Forest and they become the Number 1 in the BCS Poll.

Doug E Fresh

Holding out hopes for a Buckeyes AP title LOL

Jon

Shake up in the Heisman race!

DnK's Top 5
-----

1. Johnny "Football" Manziel
2. Collin Klein
3. Manti T'eo
4. Braxton Miller
5. Kenjon Barner/Marquise Lee/Tajh Boyd

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Doug E Fresh

Oh and I know that no one cares other than me but how about the Kent State Golden Flashes!! First 10 win season ever. Dri Archer is a speedy little guy who broke some serious tackles on that one touchdown run. Not a heisman possibility by any means but wow. Go my alma mater!!

Cory

Archer looks to be the fastest player in the NCAA right now, no doubt.

But damn, wonder where my Gators are gonna be ranked with top 2 losing.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Both of the top two teams losing on the same day was shocking. Notre Dame being number one is not. However I am happy that a lot of Pac-12 teams (Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington) are all having successful top 25 seasons this year. West coast football is back.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Doug E Fresh

Accomplishing one of my life's dreams tomorrow. Going into the horseshoe for the Ohio State/Michigan game. Life may not get better than this.

MattWard

Oh yeah Notre Dame is undefeated now they are going to the BCS Championship Bowl Game in Miami Florida, now it will be a test to see if they can beat the likes of Georgia or Alabama

Cory

Justin

Chip Kelly won coach of the year.  It's hard to argue with that choice, but I personally would have chosen O'Brien from Penn State.  He's done one hell of a job, especially after the exodus of players that transferred.

Doug E Fresh

Agreed.

I was heartbroken to see Kent lose a shot at the BCS but its nice to see NIU still get a shot at going. May get stomped though.

In other Kent news, very classy move by the coach after accepting the Purdue job to hold a press conference at Kent and tell the team he will still be coaching for our first bowl game in 40 years. That made me smile.

And now...who wins the National Title and who wins the Heisman?

My mind says Alabama but my heart thinks Irish. And though I haven't fully bought all the hype, me thinks Johnny Football is gonna become the first freshman to win the trophy. Though I'd like Te'O.

Cory

Same as above...Im pretty sure boring bama wins, but im cheering for Irish. And as much as id love to see Te'o win Heisman, Johnny Manziel winning would be pretty awesome too

Justin

Alabama will win.  Notre Dame has had too many woefull offensive performances against less than stellar defenses to think they will have success against Bama.  I think Bama's running game will wear down the ND defense despite how great it is and open up for McCarron to pass the ball.

Bama 24
ND 10

GM Franchise

Alabama has a much better offense than Notre Dame and I think that will be the difference in the game. I'm cheering for ND though but I think Bama will win by a score of something like 27-17.

I also think Johnny Manziel should win the Heisman. That guy is amazing. I've become a huge fan very quickly.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible