News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

MLB Debate: AL MVP

Started by Jon, November 15, 2012, 08:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Tonight it was announced that Detroit Third Baseman Miguel Cabrera won the award, receiving 22/28 1st place votes. Mike Trout, LA Angels Centerfielder, received the other 6 first place votes.

Now, I didn't think for one second that Trout had a chance in hell of winning this award, let me state that right now. Cabrera became the 1st Triple Crown winner in 45 years, while also leading his team to a playoff position (albeit, their regular season win/loss record was one game worse than LAA). His team then went on to the World Series.

Even though I am a die hard Angels fan and I admit, I see MLB things in red and blue. I still think Mike Trout was more valuable of a player this year then Cabrera. I think to be the Most Valuable Player, you have to have a great all around game. Not just a great hitter. While Cabrera racked up the best BA, RBIs, HRs... Trout was among the top 5 hitters, baserunners, and fielders in 2012.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb-s-stats-revolution-doesn-t-have-enough-political-muscle-to-reward-al-s-true-mvp--mike-trout-.html;_ylt=Aj97MHqMluxvfbAPHHvuvcARvLYF;_ylu=X3oDMTRraXVyZ3JsBG1pdANMSVNUUyBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IE1MQiBFeHBlcnRzBHBrZwNiOWIzNDU1NC1iZDVkLTNlMjAtODljMy03YzRiY2NlZDU5MGUEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZExQQ0FUZW1wBHZlcgMwN2Q2Y2VlMy0yZjU1LTExZTItYmY3NC02ZjVlMTg2OGMyOWM-;_ylg=X3oDMTFoODgyNmttBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANtbGIEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Not sure why the link is so big... but Jeff Passan, who is one of my favorite column writers for yahoo sports wrote a great column about the MVP race.

I am perfectly fine calling Cabrera the MVP of the American League. He definitely deserved it... but if you really look at the whole picture... there is no doubt in my mind that this award should have went to Mike Trout.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Black Death

Trout had a great year ... But  you got to with the Triple Crown Winner
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Mike Powers

You can't argue with the Triple Crown.

Numbers. Never. Lie.

GM Franchise

Triple Crown winner wins out over anybody. Cabrera had a phenomenal year.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible