News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Time for Anarchy!

Started by T-Bonizzle, October 01, 2013, 11:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Quote from: jagilki on October 03, 2013, 08:25:14 AM
Double post.

I don't really have tons of problems with this law.  My only problems are that some businesses are screwing over their employees to avoid having to provide this insurance, Congress has exempted themselves from having to participate (that right there makes me concerned there is something they know that hasn't been revealed yet), Businesses have been exempted from having to do certain things for a year or so.

There's just things about this that I'm getting more and more disillusioned about.  I'd really much rather we went with a UK type system, but we won't.  Because in America it's all about Insurance Company profits and Medical Drug Makers Profits, fuck the little guy.

Nobody in Congress is doing it because government insurance is crazy great.  They are not doing it for themselves, but for those that can't afford healthcare.

It's also the same Congress that is getting paid during the government shutdown while 800,000 other federal employees are not.

Justin

I'm channeling my inner Jag with the triple post.

My main issue is that Republicans have tried to repeal ACA some 40 odd times and each time it has been shot down.  So now they're in essence trying to extort, for the lack of a better word, the President into trying to fold by shutting down the government.  It's hasn't worked and it's not going to work.

Also, props to everyone for proving that a political conversation can be had without flaming one another.

Hondo

Quote from: JustinP on October 03, 2013, 10:37:50 AM
I'm channeling my inner Jag with the triple post.

My main issue is that Republicans have tried to repeal ACA some 40 odd times and each time it has been shot down.  So now they're in essence trying to extort, for the lack of a better word, the President into trying to fold by shutting down the government.  It's hasn't worked and it's not going to work.

Also, props to everyone for proving that a political conversation can be had without flaming one another.

Indeed. Although this thread is the exception, not the rule.

It's why I very rarely ever discuss politics with anyone.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Tezmission Black

Honestly as someone who has had only a one job in my life that has offered insurance I honestly don't mind the ACA. I wish it was more like other countries where I could just pay a bit more for taxes and not have to deal with getting insurance threw a company, but hell if this means I can go to the doctors whenever I need too without having to spend a shit ton of money then I have and will continue to be behind it. It's as close to universal health care as we're going to get here.

I've got High Blood Pressure and I've had it since High School, and for the majority of my life I've not been able to go to the doctors to get the meds for it. It's not until now that I moved up to IL and been able to go to a clinic that only charged 20 bucks that I was able to get it. Once the ACA kicks in I'll be able to get insurance and my employer will be forced to start providing it, so I'll yeah, it's a good thing for me I guess is the main theme of my post.

Duckman

Makes me smile that a bunch of dudes online can discuss this in a factual and mature manner, while the guys running America can't!  Crazy.

I know some people might not like The Daily Show (personally I love it) but there was a fantastic piece on there a few nights ago about that crazy Senator (I think) who stood for 20 odd hours and quoted some of the most random shit I've ever heard a politican use.  It was incredible.

One thing out of all of this is that us in the UK should be damn proud and feel very luck to have the NHS.  For all its faults (and there are loads) it's a shit lot better than the situations you guys have been describing.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Alex Smiley

I for one would like to know how to get in on this Obamacare bandwagon. I'm currently without a job or health insurance.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Ty

Ill be honest, I never understood this whole debate. In Canada, I get sick/ injured (which lets face it, more often injured) and I go to the clinic or hospital and get treated. I see someone like Jag who said in another thread that he is paying $100,000 for receiving the care he did down there. Minimum wage here is something like $10.50 which is $1200 a month after taxes, not a lot but still enough to get a nice bachelor pad or shared apartment. Maternity leave here lasts a year @ 60% pay. Government funds people to go to school/ trades school for 2 year programs (logic is people who are educated use social assistance less, less money long term). Government will even cover a large chunk of your moving costs if you go to the provinces where the jobs are.

We have far from a perfect system but when I compare it to the American system, I see a whole lot less of my friends on facebook from Canada living in crappy conditions and who are struggling desperately to get by. I dont see why the American gov won't just look after their own people.

Mike Powers

Quote from: TyTy not evil :'( on October 03, 2013, 12:12:28 PM
I dont see why the American gov won't just look after their own people.

Because the American government is NOT for the people. Hasn't been for a long time. It's all about keeping their lobbyists happy, so that they can keep receiving their kickbacks and live the life.

What amazes me is the fact that they have conned a great number of Americans (on both sides of the aisle) into thinking that they are truly cared about.

Democrat? Republican? Tea Party? Makes no difference at all. Just a different color dildo to be fucked by.

GM Franchise

Both sides are to blame for all of this and anybody in either party saying that it's solely the other party's fault needs a reality check. Neither side is blameless in this situation. It also makes me glad I got health insurance a month before the ACA went into effect so I don't have to deal with this first hand. This has been a long time coming in my opinion and the parties only care about their own agendas instead of the people who voted for them.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Mike Powers on October 03, 2013, 01:48:17 PM
Because the American government is NOT for the people. Hasn't been for a long time. It's all about keeping their lobbyists happy, so that they can keep receiving their kickbacks and live the life.

What amazes me is the fact that they have conned a great number of Americans (on both sides of the aisle) into thinking that they are truly cared about.

Democrat? Republican? Tea Party? Makes no difference at all. Just a different color dildo to be fucked by.

Yet its us who keep voting the same people in.  You know how hard it is to beat an incumbent? When you keep re electing the same people in over and over without challenge.

Ty

Two party systems can't logically work imo

Dorling

Not logically, but if there is no opposition it's not really a democracy.

Ty

Multi party, id prefer no party system full of independants that join lines on specific issues

T-Bonizzle

Actually in this particular case its mostly the Republican's fault. You can't shutdown government just because you don't like a law. It's been passed by the legislative branch, signed by the executive branch, and upheld by the judicial branch. It's a law whether people like it or not. One particular law has nothing to do with funding the government and shouldn't be the reason 800,000 people are unemployed right now.

But don't worry guys, Congress made sure they'd all continue to get paid weeks ago....

Hondo

Quote from: T-United on October 03, 2013, 06:01:46 PM
Actually in this particular case its mostly the Republican's fault. You can't shutdown government just because you don't like a law. It's been passed by the legislative branch, signed by the executive branch, and upheld by the judicial branch. It's a law whether people like it or not. One particular law has nothing to do with funding the government and shouldn't be the reason 800,000 people are unemployed right now.

But don't worry guys, Congress made sure they'd all continue to get paid weeks ago....

Playing devil's advocate here, you do realize that the Democratic-led Senate hasn't passed a budget since 2009, which is a part of why the GOP-led House has voted to shut down? (Despite what CNN would tell you, Obamacare isn't the only factor in play here) Let's not pretend the Dems are magical truth fairies who only do what's right and never do any wrong.

Both sides are at fault, no matter how much one side wants to cast blame on the other.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty