News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Best Literature Quotes

Started by Rae, July 14, 2008, 11:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

"It's fucking shite being Scottish, we're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth, the most purile, serviant spieces to ever be shat into existence.  Some people hate the English, I don't, they're just wankers, they can't help it, we on the other hand are colonised by wankers.  It's a fucking shite state of affairs Tommy and all the fresh air in the world isn't going to make any fucking difference."

Irvine Welsh - Trainspotting.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

TheNthDegree

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

"Ford...you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."

- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Heart.

chunkylover

Best hitchhikers guide line

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

That still makes me laugh, a beautiful piece of metaphor.

Smash INC

"...Dibbler was an extremely good hot sausage salesman. He had to be, given the nature of his sausages." - The Truth by Terry Pratchett.

Always liked this line, it completely explains Dibbler and its a funny one liner.

TheNthDegree

I also love the H2G2 metaphor about the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. Drinking it is like having your brain smashed in with a gold brick wrapped in a slice of lemon. :)

chunkylover

Yeah, that's always a good one...

"[The Guide] says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. It says that the effect of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick."

Another good one that I liked was

"Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindboggingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."

To find these, I wikiquoted, and I now really feel like watching My videos of the original BBC TV Show. I'll do it next time I have 6 free hours.

Rae

"Through me is the way into the woeful city; through me is the way into eternal woe; through me is the way among the lost people. Justice moved my lofty maker: the divine Power, the supreme Wisdom and the primal Love made me. Before me were no things created, unless eternal, and I eternal last. Leave every hope, ye who enter! "

- The Inferno, Dante Alighieri

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Puedo escribir los versos mas tristes esta noche- Pablo Neruda
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

chunkylover

That is an amazing Poem.

Puedo escribir los versos mas tristes esta noche = tonight I write the saddest lines

Go GCSE Spanish!

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Yay someone else who will actually understand my spanish
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Drama Queen

Oh we're onto Hitch-hiker's are we?

"uglier things have been spotted, but not by reliable witnesses" about the Vogon ships

thats off the top of my head, there are so many, but without looking them up I would probably word them wrong!

Stoner

From Terry Goodkind's Wizards First Rule

"Wizard's first rule my boy-  People are stupid!"

^People will believe anything they want to believe or are afraid to believe.^

From Temple of the Winds, same author.

"Tommorow afternoon.  You will have to learn how to feed chipmunks.'

Her gaze cam back up.  'Lord Rahl?'

'Do you wish to feed chipmunks?'

'No, Lord Rahl.'

'Then that's your punishment."

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM