News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NXT Spoilers/Updates/News

Started by Fnord, November 11, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

Take this with a huge grain of salt.

Quote- It looks like WWE NXT star Levis Valenzuela will be receiving a new gimmick soon.

WWE filed to trademark the term "No Way Jose" earlier this month for use with a new character. PWInsider reports that the term is for Valenzuela.

The Dominican wrestler from North Carolina, who uses the name Manny Garcia, was signed by WWE in May of last year. He's been doing a dancing gimmick as of late.

Fnord

Former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries is currently backstage in Orlando for tonight's WWE NXT TV tapings from the University of Central Florida.

Aries is expected to make his WWE TV debut at tonight's tapings. At last word, he had not signed a deal but likely will soon.

This could be the "huge surprise" that Triple H was tweeting about earlier.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

WWE announced the following tonight:

QuoteAustin Aries Arrives In NXT
ORLANDO, Fla. — NXT continues to show why it is the fastest-growing brand in sports-entertainment, making waves with another huge signing during Friday's tapings at the CFE Arena on the campus of the University of Central Florida.

Austin Aries, a 15-year veteran of the squared circle who's competed against the likes of Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and Samoa Joe, stepped into a WWE ring for the first time to put pen to paper on his NXT contract. The signing will air on Wednesday, March 2.

News of Aries' arrival was first reported on the official NXT Twitter account. WWE COO Triple H also tweeted his thoughts on the huge signing.

Why has The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived chosen to step between the yellow ropes now? What does he have in store for the Superstars of Tomorrow? Find out by watching WWE NXT, Wednesdays at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Fnord

According to PWInsider, two more NXT names have been released. Magno (Oscar Vasquez) and Peter Howard were let go, bringing the total number of NXT cuts today to five.

Magno made an appearance on TNA TV in 2013 as a part of their Gut Check Challenge, taking on current NXT coach Adam Pearce. He'd performed under the name of "Oscar" on a few NXT live events over the past few months.

Howard, a UK-born wrestler, participated in a live event battle royal for NXT last fall, but hadn't made it to TV. As reported earlier today, Bull Dempsey, Marcus Louis and Sylvester LeFort were all released as well.

Cory

¿PapaPancho?

Rob

Am I supposed to be heart broken about these guys getting fired? I dont mean it in a cruel way, but I didnt think any of the 3 were going to be the next huge break out star.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Fnord

I liked Bull Dempsey and Marcus Louis. I thought they were used wrong.

Fnord

Source: Squared Circle Sirens

SquaredCircleSirens, which has broken several WWE NXT tryout related stories in the past, has revealed several names that were present at the most recent set of tryouts.

Below are a list of names mentioned thus far, which include ROH, EVOLVE and PWS wrestlers, as well as those from the grappling worlds of Judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

* Cedric Alexander, ROH Wrestler.
* Taynara Melo, Judo black belt.
* Deonna Purrazzo, who has appeared for NXT, TNA, ROH and GFW
* Tony Nese, EVOLVE wrestler, former TNA and PWG talent.
* Brennan Williams, former NFL player
* Corey Hollis, NXT enhancement talent
* John Skyler, NXT enhancement talent
* Justin Chavers, stunt actor.
* Chris Payne, PWS talent
* Kamila Turquetti, jiu-jitsu practitioner.
* Marcus Pitt
* Bryan Payton
* Jeremy Payton
* Maneey Abrol
* Jose Moreno
* Roy Sims
* Danny Duggan
* Idan Dagan
* David McIntosh
* Kuba Ka
* Noelle Jones
* Mike Fierro
* Mike Parrow
* Rhett Giddins
* Laura James
* Anne Phung
* Jayme Jameson
* Marja Chow
* Shana Chow
* Jenna Becerra

Fnord

- WWE NXT Diva Dana Brooke is back to training after being out of action for several months with an undisclosed injury. Her last match came on November 18th at the NXT TV tapings, a No Contest against Asuka, where she didn't actually wrestle. Prior to that, her last match was her October 7 NXT Takeover match against Asuka.

Fnord

WWE NXT stars Enzo Amore, Colin Cassady and Carmella are on the road with WWE's main roster this weekend. It was noted in Jonesboro, Arkansas last night that the trio received no reaction when they came out for their match with The Ascension. After that win, they were attacked by The Wyatt Family. This led to Big Show making the save, then the babyfaces winning a six-man match. It should be noted that the NXT stars were over by the time the six-man ended. Correspondent Max Hopson sent the following observation:

"While the crowd was dead for the first match, their natural charisma won and everyone loved them by the middle of the six-man match and especially the end. Maybe it was the rub from Big Show but I'd say it was their natural charisma. They were awesome."

Cory

Hmm, most times I read spoilers it seems the southern crowds aren't very smarky and are everything Vince wants in a crowd.

Fnord

- We reported back in November that former UFC fighter and current EVOLVE wrestler Matt Riddle was expected to start working with WWE in February of this year. WWE actually helped Riddle get the job with EVOLVE.

Riddle recently met with Triple H and now he's expected to be working in WWE NXT very soon. Riddle is not scheduled for the WWE Global Cruiserweight Series as he weighs more than 205 pounds.

Fnord

- It was believed that WWE NXT Superstar Hideo Itami would be back in action by now but he's still out with a shoulder injury. Itami has not wrestled since April 30th of last year.