News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

FWL Season 5 Rules/Regulations/Questions

Started by Fnord, January 20, 2016, 06:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Summerslam is the beginning of Week 12. So while you are able to use whatever main you have on RAW for Week 11, they will be changed for Week 12. So, you are correct RAW will have only 1 Main after Summerslam because they decided to make up their own belt.

And "we" did not decide to ingore the lineage, the WWE did as they do not have the World Heavyweight Title anymore, just the WWE Title, WWE Universal Title and NXT Title as their three brand's main titles.

Once a title is taken away or removed from the company then so does it's lineage, that's why only 2 WWE women are considered a mid - Charlotte and now Sasha.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Kieran King

That's all fine, but how come someone like Dolph Ziggler has been counted as a Main in previous weeks? The World Heavyweight Title has been gone for a while. If the recognition of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship having both lineages was enough, that was changed to just the WWE World Championship a couple of weeks ago, so Ziggler should have no longer been a Main then, no?

Fnord

But it wasn't made clear until recently that they were no longer following the same lineage until recently. They were subtly hinting it when they were leading up to the split referring to the belt as just the WWE Title, but it wasn't until right before the split when I looked into the lineages and titles histories that it was revealed to me. Then I had to wait and see what they were doing with the titles after the split to fully determine what needed to be changed. And THEN seeing as how this is a HUGE impactful change for some I decided to extend the time in order for people to make changes as needed.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Kieran King

All good. It just seems strange seeing WWE guys get even more devalued compared to NJPW. Hopefully next season you find a way to balance that a bit better. Surely the biggest company in the world should have the most valuable roster members?

Drama Queen

Quote from: Kieran King on August 07, 2016, 01:39:18 AM
All good. It just seems strange seeing WWE guys get even more devalued compared to NJPW. Hopefully next season you find a way to balance that a bit better. Surely the biggest company in the world should have the most valuable roster members?

Despite the fact I'm probably capitalizing more than anyone on this, I agree with the above statement, and I have some suggestions for the scoring system that I believe would put the WWE guys back on top next season...

1) NJPW and Chikara events are all considered "specials" because they are not regularly scheduled... so they score the same as a PPV. I think there could be a better way to define "special" next season that does not include every irregular show.

2) Perhaps shows on regular TV should score more than shows streamed to Internet or a Network.

3) Shows streamed/ recorded LIVE could be worth more than pre-recorded shows.

(rules 2 and 3 would not only put WWE ahead, but also put Raw and Smackdown ahead of NXT. I don't know where TNA falls in all of this, lol, are they even on tv anymore?)

Obviously there's plenty of time to establish next season, but just throwing some things out there.

Midas

I understand everyone's concerns and I assure you that myself and Fnord are working on many different ways to adjust the FWL for the upcoming season that would balance it more. When we added New Japan to the list of companies, we're the first to admit that we had no clue of the way it would turn the points upside down.

Had we known ahead of time I can assure you that we would have drafted far more New Japan guys instead of snickering inside when these New Japan guys were picked up in the draft so early. Once the year started and we started doing the points it became apparent to us that with New Japans system of doing things lead to all shows on New Japan to be considered "special events" and then with them having so many shows the point imbalance became very apparent.

You can ask FNORD about this, I have complained over and over again about New Japan being added and it messing things up for us this year but the truth is that we live and learn. As I learn New Japan I honestly am happy we have them in the league and enjoy watching them when I do watch them. I don't want to be in a league where we don't have New Japan and I agree that the best option is to figure out a way to establish a New Japan schedule so that the majority of their shows are non special events.

At this point we have about a half a year left and no changes will be made to the point system with regards to New Japan but we are working hard to figure out the best way to move forward and make things more balance for the new year.

On that same note since taking a more active role in the FWL I have made many attempts to share what knowledge I have about New Japan and other companies in order to help people out who have sub-par teams. My suggestion is to open a line of communication with me and ask questions, I have a lot of information in word documents on my computer that I can use to help you guys get a better team and enjoy this game overall...

This is about us all having fun and enjoying this game so I am here to help. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Duckman

Two points:

1.  I'm still confused by the roster spots of people when they work for different promotions.  My example is Naito on my roster, who last worked for NJPW as a main eventer.  He's working the ROH show on Friday, when he'll go to non-title, right?  Then I have to wait for him to have another match in NJPW before he goes back to main event, right?  But if I pick him in my team for the upcoming week, he'll still be a main eventer because he last worked NJPW, right?  Just making sure I'm understanding this right.

2.  With NJPW.  Why not just make the big tour ending shows of the year PPVs, and treat the rest like you would RAW or Smackdown?  While nearly everything is show on NJPW World, these end of tour shows are usually on PPV too in Japan.  The Road To... shows are basically house shows, broadcast on NJPW, that build to the tour ending big show.  So for instance, you'd have Road To Invasion attack, and then Invasion Attack itself is a major show.

The main shows of the year for NJPW are as follows:

January: Wrestle Kingdom
February: New Beginning
April: Invasion Attack
May: Wrestling Dontaku
May: ROH/NJPW Global Wars - this one is a bit tricky as it's technically a ROH show, and it's not broadcast on NJPW World.  Although that might change in the future.
June: Dominion
August: G1 Climax Final - G1 might be tricky too.  Personally I think the final 3 nights should be treated like major shows (as they've got the semi finals and final) and the opening night too.  The shows in the middle could be looked at/scored differently next time round in FWL
September: Destruction
October: King of Pro-Wrestling
November: Power Struggle

That at least gives a fair playing field for one major show a month (although WWE will be doing 2 shortly) as a special event.  Keep the rest as TV shows.  Given NJPW also run at least 3 tournaments a year, G-1, BOTSJ and NJ Cup, you might want to come back with some different scoring for tournament shows.

As a long time and avid fan of NJPW, I'm happy to throw out other ideas or bounce ideas around to make things more balanced for the next FWL season.  Just let me know.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Fnord

1. You are correct. Their position only changes when their last appearance was at a location that changes it. They do not change back until they are seen again at the other location.

2. I like your suggestion, but we are currently working at adjust the entire scoring system to not only elevate the "main company" guys that are in WWE, but also level the playing field a little bit for all companies. More information on that to come but of course they wouldn't go into effect until NEXT year's FWL.

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Mike Powers

Duckman

Just checking in for an update on the game.  Been quiet for a while now.  Everything ok?  Anything we can do to help out?

Midas

Quote from: Duckman on October 25, 2016, 03:49:06 AM
Just checking in for an update on the game.  Been quiet for a while now.  Everything ok?  Anything we can do to help out?

Sorry guys... Fnord and I worled on week 14 last night and finished off New Japan and now tonight will will put in the points while watching Smackdown and finish off week 14.

It took me a minute to get a grip on how to do the points but now that I have it down I am going to help Fnord this week get week 15 done and we should be back on schedule come Hell in the Cell...

We appreciate the offer for help and all of your patience

Duckman

Will there be a game week over Xmas and New Year?  Just wondering cause I won't have much time to be online during the holidays.

Fnord

Yessir. I'll be posting those threads here ASAP.

Fnord

Just as a FYI to everyone, it looks like NJPW has NO shows scheduled for FWL Week 21. So, just be aware of that when filling up your line-ups. You never know if they throw a curveball in there as they have in the past but with Wrestle Kingdom just ending they might be on a little break...