News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Pick My WR3 This Week

Started by Hondo, October 30, 2013, 11:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Trying to figure out who I should start as my WR3 this week in my office's fantasy football league. So I'll get youse guys' opinion on this.

I have six wideouts on my roster:

*Desean Jackson (97.30 pts)
*Marvin Jones (84.50 pts)
*Danny Amendola (17.50 pts)
*Torrey Smith (68.90 pts)
*Alshon Jeffrey (78.90 pts)
*Emmanuel Sanders (53.60 pts)

Desean Jackson will start for sure, he's my highest-scoring receiver. And I'm riding the Marvin Jones train until it derails. And I'm not even sure why Emmanuel Sanders is still on my team. So I'm trying to decide between Amendola, Smith and Jeffrey.

Amendola would be my guy, but what little time he hasn't been hurt, he's been inconsistent. I know he could wake up at any minute and start hauling in catches by the truckload. But I also know he could wind up on a stretcher at any minute too.

Torrey Smith would be an alright choice, but he's been mostly average at best in my league.

Jeffrey was my draft sleeper pick, and he has been a pretty solid receiver for me, especially while Amendola was injured, and he's been outscoring Smith pretty consistently. But with Cutler injured, and the thought of Josh McCown and Jordan Palmer playing QB for Chicago, I'm scared to put him in.

SO... thoughts?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

jagilki

Cory

Torrey Smith, biggest and safest upside.

Amendola you cant trust, he had 1 good game all season long, far too risky. I had him on my team in my other league and dropped his ass for Zach Stacy. Brady seems to target Dobson and Thompkins & Gronk over him.

Sanders is crap.

Jefferey is talented, but not better than Smith, especially when he was McCown throwing to him, not Jay Cutler.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gates

Given the fact that McCown or Palmer are throwing in Chicago, I'd go with Smith. He might be average, but that can still be good. I'd roll the dice on him rather then the other two - I just don't trust Amendola.

T-Bonizzle

Torrey Smith, despite not having the TDs sits #10 in yards. That's a pretty good guy to have as your #3...

GM Franchise

Torrey Smith with Jeffrey being a close second.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Matt Stone

Jeffery. The QB situation is poor in Chicago, sure, but Marshall will draw all the double coverage, and with Forte back there you know the box will be crowded. Jeffery will have single coverage all night long, Torey Smith will be seeing Joe Haden.

Hondo

So I started Smith this week.

For the lulz:

Torrey Smith - 7.80 pts

Emmanuel Sanders - 9.80 pts

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

Alshon will have 2 TDs tonight and 134 yards receiving.

I still hope you win Hondo.

Hondo

Thanks Justin, but sadly I did not. Even had I started Jeffery, my opponent still would have outscored me.

We'll get em next week.