NFL Debate #34: Re: Andre Johnsons comments

Started by Cory, November 20, 2013, 12:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Hondo

First of all, those are pretty strong words from a normally mild-mannered Johnson.

It'd be easy to say "trade him", seeing that he doesn't want to be there from the sound of things. But even if he's still playing A+ football (which he really isn't), the Texans aren't going to get top dollar from him. His age really plays against him, and unless some team out there overpays, they may get a 2nd or 3rd rounder at best for him. And that's kind of optimistic. Dude's gonna be 33 next season, do you really want to fritter away a high draft pick for a guy you may get 1-3 years of service from?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

T-Bonizzle

You do nothing because it's not a big deal. Texans lost 7 in a row, he has a right to be frustrated.

Cory

Quote from: JackHondo on November 20, 2013, 09:00:38 AM
First of all, those are pretty strong words from a normally mild-mannered Johnson.

My thoughts exactly. I think he'll top 100rec, 1300yrds and close to 10 TDs again this season (hes at 72rec, 966 + 5 TD), so he can still produce better than 85% of the league, but I dont think they could get anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him, just because of his age and contract.

But if they want to blow up the team and Johnson wants to try and get that ring, they may need to find a compromise.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

They need to change things up. Schaub is CLEARLY not the answer after last week's game. Keep Keenum as starter and go from there.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

Quote from: Cory on November 20, 2013, 10:30:39 AM
My thoughts exactly. I think he'll top 100rec, 1300yrds and close to 10 TDs again this season (hes at 72rec, 966 + 5 TD), so he can still produce better than 85% of the league, but I dont think they could get anything higher than a 3rd rounder for him, just because of his age and contract.

But if they want to blow up the team and Johnson wants to try and get that ring, they may need to find a compromise.

He's still probably worth every bit a 3rd round pick for at least the next two seasons.  For a team that's on the cusp - that's a small price to pay.  Could you imagine pitting Andre on a team like the Panthers?

If I was clearly rebuilding - see Jacksonville, then I'd pass.