NFL Debate #41: Coach of the Year

Started by Cory, January 07, 2014, 08:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Voted McCoy, done the most with by far the least out of the coaches above.

Jon

Went with Andy Reid, amazing turnaround in Kansas City from last season.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Went with McCoy. Completely turned around the Chargers after the disaster that was the Norv Turner Era.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

The TeeJ of Philly

As much as I wanted to go with Chip, I went with Andy. Even though it was a talented team, still going from 2 wins to 11 is still impressive. Made Alex smith look competent for a good portion of the season.

Mike Powers

Cory

I would say from a wins and loses point, Andy, but the fact is he inherited a top 5 defense, just needed to make things click on offense, plus had a pretty easy schedule Out of 11 wins, (Jags, Giants, Raiders Twice, Houston, Cleveland, Buffalo & Washington) were all fairly poor teams.

McCoy is still in the playoffs with a roster riddled with injuries on defense (cant even compare KC talent on D to SD talent on D) and without a play-maker like Jamaal Charles, and McCoy beat Andy in their 2 head to head games this year.

Plus, Andy had a D that would bail him out when his game manager of a QB (he still never got more out of Smith than what was advertized) needed to win and Charles was stuffed. McCoy on the other hand not only worked with bust Ryan Matthews and a sleeper in Danny Woodhead rather a superstar like Jamaal Charles, but his influence on Phillip Rivers made him a pro bowlers this year.

This is easily the most shocked debate result I've seen out of 41, you guys are nuts.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Cory on January 08, 2014, 12:13:04 AM
I would say from a wins and loses point, Andy, but the fact is he inherited a top 5 defense, just needed to make things click on offense, plus had a pretty easy schedule Out of 11 wins, (Jags, Giants, Raiders Twice, Houston, Cleveland, Buffalo & Washington) were all fairly poor teams.

McCoy is still in the playoffs with a roster riddled with injuries on defense (cant even compare KC talent on D to SD talent on D) and without a play-maker like Jamaal Charles, and McCoy beat Andy in their 2 head to head games this year.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, ya'll are crazy.

It's a regular season award. Playoffs don't matter. And Chargers lost to the 2-14 Texans.

Cory

I probably should have specified its not for the actual award, just the opinion of EFK who the best coach this year is.

The TeeJ of Philly

Also, one could argue that Belichek did more with just as much as McCoy. Outside of Brady would you rather have the Chargers offense or the Pats offense? The defense lost their Pro Bowl NT, both MLBs and had no DBs outside of Talib and still ended in the top 10 in defensive yards per game.

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on January 08, 2014, 12:17:34 AM
It's a regular season award. Playoffs don't matter. And Chargers lost to the 2-14 Texans.

They also beat the Eagles, Broncos, Bengals (last week), Chiefs (twice), and Colts who are all playoff teams.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Riverboat Ron ... easy to turn around a team you can start from scratch .... he turned around his own worthless self.

Justin

The Chargers have been a decent team that played themselves out of the playoffs the past couple of seasons.  Phillip Rivers has been a big part of the issue, but you can thank Ken Wisenhunt for that.

Hondo

Reid will win, but I'll be contrary and cast a vote for Bruce Arians. Taking a scrap-heap quarterback and not much else and coming thisclose to a playoff berth in Ariziona is nothing to sneeze at. Especially considering the job he did last season in Indy during Chuck Pagano's illness. I think in a few seasons we'll be talking about him in the same breath as Belichick and company.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Quote from: JackHondo on January 08, 2014, 10:00:21 AM
Reid will win, but I'll be contrary and cast a vote for Bruce Arians. Taking a scrap-heap quarterback and not much else and coming thisclose to a playoff berth in Ariziona is nothing to sneeze at. Especially considering the job he did last season in Indy during Chuck Pagano's illness. I think in a few seasons we'll be talking about him in the same breath as Belichick and company.

Shit, should of have him. Arians is an unreal head coach, should have won the award last season.