Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

2014 NFL Off-season Thread

Started by Cory, February 19, 2014, 09:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gates

Apparently Shaun Hill has better career averages then Bradford...

I guess the Rams got better?

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on August 24, 2014, 06:50:20 PM
Speechless...can't believe this is real. Again.

oh it Real ... it damn Real
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Krazy

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on August 24, 2014, 06:50:20 PM
Speechless...can't believe this is real. Again.

Not to sound me I saw it coming. He is made of glass he needs to retire.

Krazy

Quote from: GM Franchise on August 25, 2014, 10:07:46 AM
TEBOW!!!!!!

He plays for the Browns...wait...that is Johnny Tebow. I hope Michael Sam sacks him harder next time and do that stupid money taunt in his face.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Krazy on August 25, 2014, 05:13:19 PM
He plays for the Browns...wait...that is Johnny Tebow. I hope Michael Sam sacks him harder next time and do that stupid money taunt in his face.

I'm a Browns fan and even I enjoyed that.

Krazy

GM Franchise

James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Ben Jarvus Green Ellis cut by the Bengals. In other news...

49ers lose Aldon Smith for 9 games

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11432192/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-suspended-nine-games

QuoteSan Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith has been suspended for the first nine games of the season for violating the NFL's personal conduct and substance abuse policies.

The All-Pro's suspension broke down into four games for violations of the substance abuse policy and five games for violations of the personal conduct policy, a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder. Smith will be allowed to be in the team's facility for meetings while under suspension, according to ESPN sources and multiple reports.

He will be eligible to return to the 49ers' active roster Nov. 10 following the team's Nov. 9 game against New Orleans.

"Our organization has known this decision would come, and we have prepared for it as a team," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement Friday. "Aldon has taken responsibility for his actions and has continued to show growth personally and professionally. We will continue to support him, but it is time to put this matter behind us and focus on the season ahead."

Based on the length of the suspension, Smith will lose $1.24 million of his $2.34 million salary, ESPN business analyst Andrew Brandt reports.

Smith, who met with commissioner Roger Goodell the first week of August, was sentenced in July to 11 days of work release in a Santa Clara County (Calif.) court after his September 2013 arrest for drunken driving. It was his second such arrest since entering the NFL in 2011. Also, Smith had three felony gun charges knocked down to misdemeanors.

Smith voluntarily missed five games last season when he entered a substance abuse treatment center. In October, in London, Goodell told reporters Smith's aggressive approach to his problem could be considered when potential discipline was addressed, however it did not ultimately impact his punishment, a source told Werder.

Smith was suspended two days after Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon's indefinite suspension by the NFL was upheld and he will miss at least 16 games for another violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

Smith  has repeatedly said he has been sober since his DUI arrest last September. He played in a 27-7 home loss to the Colts on Sept. 22, two days after he was arrested and jailed on suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession. After the game, he publicly apologized for his behavior and later announced he would leave for treatment.

While the Niners went on a five-game winning streak without him, Smith's menacing presence was sorely missed. The team still picked up his 2015 contract option this spring.

The 49ers, who went 14-5 last year and lost to the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks in the NFC championship game, also are without injured All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman for at least half the season as he recovers from a left knee injury that required surgery after the NFC title game.

Coach Jim Harbaugh and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio have expressed their confidence in the linebackers, who will be called upon to fill in with Bowman and Smith out -- including rookie Chirs Borland, Dan Skuta, Michael Wilhoite and Corey Lemonier.

Third-round draft pick Borland made his case for a starting spot with a 34-yard interception return for a touchdown in Thursday night's 40-13 preseason win at Houston.

In his latest run-in with the law, Smith was arrested April 13 at Los Angeles International Airport. Police said Smith was randomly selected for a secondary screening and became uncooperative with the process, telling a TSA agent that he had a bomb. No charges were filed.

In November, he pleaded not guilty to three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from a June 2012 party at his home. Investigators said several shots were fired, two partygoers were injured and Smith was stabbed. In the subsequent investigation, prosecutors say detectives found five unregistered, illegal weapons in Smith's house.

Last season, Smith finished with 8½ sacks and 34 tackles in 11 games with eight starts. He was initially worked back in slowly, but demonstrated he had stayed in shape while away.

Selected seventh overall in the 2011 draft out of Missouri, Smith had a franchise-record 19½ sacks during the 2012 season for the 49ers, who lost to Baltimore in the Super Bowl after that season.

Cory

Terrelle Pryor cut too by the Seahawks...wouldnt mind getting rid of that garbage Matt Barkley for Pryor

GM Franchise

Jets, Bills, Dolphins Merge To Form AFC East Mega-Team In Hopes Of Defeating Patriots

http://profootballmock.com/jets-bills-dolphins-merge-form-afc-east-mega-team-hopes-defeating-patriots/

QuoteBUFFALO, MIAMI, MANHATTAN – In an effort to challenge the Patriots long-standing dominance of the AFC East, officials from the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills, and Miami Dolphins franchises today announced their intentions to merge their rosters into one single "mega-team" in hopes of finally unseating the Pats from the top of the division, sources close to the new hybrid squad confirmed early this morning.

"Today begins a glorious new era of AFC East football. So let us be the first to say, 'How 'bout them New Miaffalo Betphins!?'" said the trio of Rex Ryan, Doug Marrone, and Joe Philbin, co-head coaches of the new super-sized team. "In the past, we've all struggled individually to finish ahead of Tom Brady and the Patriots. But now, New England will tremble against the combined quarterbacking prowess of Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill, and E.J. Manuel... hmm, perhaps we haven't fully thought this plan through."

The Patriots have claimed the AFC East title a staggering ten times in the past twelve seasons, and were considered the overwhelming favorite to win the division yet again in 2014. But today's birth of the New Miaffalo Betphins, with its 159-man roster, has cast that outcome in doubt.

"Normally, I would never have considered joining forces with those annoying Bills or Dolphins," Ryan later told reporters. "But you know how it is: 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend,' and all that. If this unholy alliance is what it takes to finally knock those smug Boston Douche Pies down from their pedestal, than you can dress me in a green, red, and teal sweatshirt and consider me a Betphin for life."

Following this trend, the Indianapolis Colts apparent dominance of the AFC South will now be challenged by a new franchise known as the "Houstennesseeville Texaguarans." Meanwhile, just for kicks, the star-studded rosters of the Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, and San Diego Chargers combined to form the "San Denver City Chargeroncochiefs," who have already defeated the helplessly overmatched Oakland Raiders 288-0.

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

And the world can breathe for another day from the media going batshit over the guy.

Honestly its what he needs, land on a practice squad and try and develop some more and at the same time being out of the limelight. Hope he does well.