NFL Debate #47: Next Relocation Franchise should be.....

Started by Cory, May 27, 2014, 07:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

All y'all fools talking ish about my city are being put on the list.

LA and it's not even close.

Quote from: Mike Powers on May 27, 2014, 07:32:51 PM
In LA they'd have to compete against apathetic Los Angelinos and a terrible political climate.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

So much for that issue ... and I have no idea what you mean by a terrible political climate.

Quote from: JackHondo on May 27, 2014, 07:43:39 PM

From a business standpoint, the only clear answer is Los Angeles. But from a purely football perspective, probably a team in Oklahoma. Imagine the natural rivalry it would hold with the likes of Dallas and Houston. At least Okies would give a crap about the team. LA would sell every ticket, but they'd be there like celebrities at NBA games: to be seen.

You mention celebrities and want to invoke the Dallas name in the same sentence?  Not to mention our celebrities are actual fans ... Jack Nicholson and Flea are hardcore Laker fans.  But feel free to sit in the upper decks at the Staples Center or in the Outfield at Dodger/Angel Stadium and see how fairweather the fans are.

GM Franchise

Pancho is dead on with his assessment of this topic.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Buffalo is pretty passionate about it's team though so the Bills probably won't be moving.

Jon

I don't see Buffalo moving either.

I'd love to see a team in Toronto...

But I agree with Hondo, Oklahoma City would be a great location for an NFL team.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 30, 2014, 01:47:31 PM
Its coming to London so the debate is mute...

The logistics of it is the problem. There's a 5 hour time difference between england and the east coast, meaning 8 for the west coast. So in division only, you'd have to build the other teams bye around their away game against them. Then take in account the other 5 teams that you'd have to build their bye's around. And you'd have to give them blocks of away games and the NFL tries to only give one team 3 straight road game a season, at the least, they're doing that once, maybe twice to give the team a fair shake.

You'd have to add an additional bye week for them, which means an 18 game schedule which the players union isn't keen to without something in terms of health benefits being given to them.

Then theres the cost of renting out Wembley (because the NFL isn't going to take a smaller stadium in England for their game), the cost of international travel, and other small costs.