News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Dynasty Warriors 8

Started by Stoner, April 03, 2013, 12:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

QuoteIn a day when publishers are shying away from numbered sequels, you have to respect a franchise like Dynasty Warriors. Many games stop counting after three, but Dynasty Warriors wears its increasing numbers like a badge of honor. For example, Tecmo Koei announced Dynasty Warriors 8 today, another large-scale action game following Chinese military history. It's due July 16 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Tecmo promises a few new elements to keep this installment fresh, including multiple endings and extra modes. The game will follow the traditional story mode, but also boasts "What if?" scenarios based on alternate histories. If a historical character hadn't died on the battlefield, for example, he may have influenced history very differently. This feeds into five separate endings, some of which will be based on that alternate history. For once, the "true ending" will be completely literal.

For long-time fans, DW8 will include 70 playable characters including many returning favorites, along with new additions like Yue Jin and Li Dian from the Wei Kingdom.

http://www.gamefly.com/news/article/218374/dynasty-warriors-8-announced-coming-this-summer/#.UVxR68pQXxM

I have to admit to liking the Dynasty Warriors games.  Just running into a group of a hundred or so enemies and destroying them in less than a minute has a certain appeal I guess.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

! JDM The Professional !

Always loved the warriors. Great game series for what they're worth. My housemate and I have warriors Orochi on Wiiu and it is pretty fun.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Stoner

So long as Lu Bu is still a nigh-undefeatable badass of hate when I fight him I'll be happy.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Jennifer

Can't beat a bit of romance of the three kingdoms. I play the strategy game a lot, but I always did like playing Warriors. Been a while though. I didn't like 6 very much - one of those where I felt it was the kind of innovation just to change things vs because it would be good... and some of the redesigns were stupid. Been meaning to check out 7, but I guess I'll skip it and play 8 instead.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Crazy Kyd

I haven't played these games in a while but I really enjoy them.

I loved the concept of just walking into battle and creating chaos.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"