News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Fantasy Life

Started by Stoner, December 27, 2014, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Its an RPG on the Nintendo 3DS.  Or 2DS if you have one of those.  Whichever.

Anyway, you make your character with some somewhat interesting appearance options.  Its not too in-depth, because the appearance isn't the meat of the game.  That comes with the classes.

So you've got several to choose from, as you would expect from an RPG.  You've got the Paladin, a sword and shield wielding dispenser of justice.  The Mercenary, who uses big ass swords to bring the hurt.  Hunters who use the bow and/or daggers to be sneaky and kill things before they notice.  Wizards who harness the elements to bring death and pain upon their enemies.  And Chefs, who cook food to heal themselves and boost stats.  And Miners to go out and collect ores and gems to make and enhance equipment.  And Blacksmiths, who use those ores to make equipment.  And Fishermen, who go out and catch fish that Chefs can use to cook food.

It gets more in depth than that even.

Anyway, you can change between classes at this one building whenever you want.  It is HIGHLY beneficial to pick up a few ranks in the non-combat classes, as getting the materials and making your own equipment/potions/food is less expensive than buying all that stuff individually.  And making the weapons/armor itself gives you the ability to make it stronger than weapons/armor of the same rank that you buy individually.

There is a multiplayer aspect as well, but I have to admit that I haven't tried this out yet.  My brother says its pretty fun though.

The biggest downside to the game in my opinion is the weapons themselves.  When I mentioned the classes and the weapons associated with them, that is the game's opinion of what each class should use.  Any class CAN use any weapon though, so long as you have taken a single rank of the class that uses the weapon in the first place.  For example I wanted to make a Paladin that uses 2 Handed swords.  In order to do this I had to take ranks in Mercenary to get the ability to use 2 Handed swords.  There are advanced techniques you can get for each weapon, but you get those by ranking up in the other classes.  So in order to become an awesome 2 Handed Paladin, I am having to gain a bunch of ranks in Mercenary to get all the 2 Handed skills.  Its kind of annoying, but I'm thinking it will be worth it in the long run.

The combat system is pretty simple.  Get in there, hit things good and try not to die.  The story has a lot of cliches, so don't come into this expecting something mind blowing there.  But it has a sense of self-awareness and a very nice sense of humor as well.  Plot twists you will see coming from a mile away, but they expect you to and they at least poke fun at it from time to time.

I've put about 15 hours into it so far.  I have ranks in Paladin, Mercenary, Miner and Blacksmith.  I made all the equipment I have on my character currently, and keep trying to find better materials to make better equipment when I can.

Its a fun game overall, I'd recommend it.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM