Ys VI: The Ark of Napistism hitting PC on 4/28

Started by Chris Stern, April 25, 2015, 02:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim - PC Announcement Trailer

The 6th game in the Ys series of hack and slash J-action RPGs is hitting Steam, Humble and GOG on the 28th. Ys 6 was the first to introduce a more hack and slash action style approach to the series combat system previous Ys save for Ys 3: Wanderers of Ys mainly used a "bump" system where you had to collide into your opponent off center to do damage or a zelda 1 and 3 style of combat system.  Wanderers used a Zelda 2 combat mechanic as it was the only game in the series that was a side scroller.

But the new system didn't just add more satisfying combat system but it also added platforming and air attacks this system would be used in a later remake of Ys 3 titles the popular Ys: Oath in Falgana and Ys Origin also available on PC through Steam, GOG and Humble store.

There is talk of bringing over to PC Ys 4: Memories of Celceta and the planned remake of Ys 5. 

Stoner

That looks bad ass.  I need this in my life.  $20.00 isn't a bad price either.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Chris Stern

Quote from: Stoner on April 25, 2015, 04:14:54 PM
That looks bad ass.  I need this in my life.  $20.00 isn't a bad price either.

I haven't played Ys VI but I have played Ys 1,2(the TG-16 CD rom version and the Chronicles+ version for the PC),3 both the original Wanderers and the later Oath versions and Ys Origins and I always loved this series. Yeah the first two used the old bump combat system even the newer Chronicles+ version but Oath and Origins are pretty bad ass and since they are based on the same engine as 6 was it was a instant pick up for me.

Ys The Oath in Felghana Trailer

Just be warned the Ys games are short but they are hard.

Tezmission Black

I've never played any of the Y's game before but this new one looks beautiful.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Tezmission Black on April 25, 2015, 04:27:22 PM
I've never played any of the Y's game before but this new one looks beautiful.

I can't fault you on that, it's only been fairly recently that the Ys games have been seeing consistent Stateside releases on a platform that people actually use, since the TG-16/SNES days before that all we got here was Ys 1,2 and the original version of 3 and that's about it, well 6 did see a small release here on the PS2 but after that the series mainly was relegated to PSP releases when we actually got any of them stateside. But since Xseed convinced Falcom to let them take the risk of fixing up(adding a new DX9 render, widescreen support and extras), translating and re-releasing the PC version of Oath in Falgana on Steam which more then exceeded expectations they been slowly but surely releasing more Ys games on the PC and now are releasing entries that never had a initial PC version such as 6(4 and 5 are also planned) as well as many other Jrpg titles such as Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter both excellent games though more on the traditional JRPG end of the spectrum, Xanadu Next, Tokyo Xanadu and a bunch of others are planned for translation and release.

Trails in the sky FC trailer if your interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nth9hrrORUs