News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

WW3?

Started by The Dudester, November 24, 2010, 09:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dudester

N. Korea's military strike on S. Korean island kills S. Korean civilians....

In March, the North torpedo'd a S. Kor sub and killed 47 military personel. Now, it's hit civilians...

Everyone knows this isn't going to end well.. with war in the Mid East and SW Asia, and now this that is occuring in the Pacific, the event horizon is upon us.

The era of WW3 is about to begin. Got your hard hat?

Mark Mania

Way to be a Debbie Downer right before Thanksgiving.

Black Death

well as long as I get my thanksgiving turkey ... I am good

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Big Gay Honker

Yeah Negative Nancy.

The only way N Korea can do much is if they get food from China/Russia.  I don't think China wants to give up their economic foot hold for some piss ant peninsula.  They have food stored for war, but a million soldiers require a lot of food when they're active.  As more soldiers head south, more refugee's will flee north into China.  Kim Jong Il goes through with this, and his pudgy fuck son will not be able to carry on his legacy.  

Rob

Who cares about Thanksgiving when there are more important issues happening? Gosh, Americans!
SixersEagles

[/center]

The Dudester

Well jack, with all due respect, the possible reaction by S. Korea that can EASILY excalate into a massive war probably is something of major importance on a global scale. Im sure the wedding is a big deal in England and all, but events in the Korean pennisula have a much more far reaching effect than who's marrying who.

The two biggest military's on the planet are on opposing sides of the issue here (China, US) and face it.. this was a military stike against civilians. It is in essence a declaration of war in itself.

Middle east (Iraq/Iran)
West Asia (Afghanistan/Pakistan)
Now the Pacific (N. Korea, China and S. Korea and US).

Hmm... easy to see where this can lead to a dark dark place in a quick quick time.

Russ

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on November 24, 2010, 10:25:12 AM
I'm pissed that all this Korea war news is getting in the way of all the British wedding news. >_>

LMAO
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Mark Mania

I'm so happy for Kate Middleton. She could very well become the Queen someday. Well, as long as Maddox's doomsday predictions don't come true.

Fnord

Am I too old to get drafted? 

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Alex Smiley

Voice of reason: "We'll be fine."

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Russ

Voice of reason: Let's kill Marq, just in case.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Alex Smiley

For some sick, strange reason, Russ' voice of reason is much louder.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Triple B

Quote from: Fnord on November 24, 2010, 12:21:42 PM
Am I too old to get drafted?  

Yes.

Anyway, there's a reason why this won't be WW3, and to think it will be is kind of silly.

In the previous World Wars, a series of countries allied with each other with the intention of invading and taking over large portions of the globe.  Now, true, there was a reason why WW One started (the assassination of the Austrian Duke Ferdninad) however at it's crux there was land to be taken by using this as an excuse.  The Central Powers (German, Austria, Ottoman Empire and Bulgaria) invaded and tried to hold vast portions of the map.  In WW Two, the same happened with the Axis (Germany, Italy, Japan, Romania, Iraq, Finland, Bulgaria, Thailand and Hungary) wanted the same thing.  

In this current day, those alliances aren't there.  You mentioned more than a few countries:

Middle east (Iraq/Iran)
West Asia (Afghanistan/Pakistan)
Now the Pacific (N. Korea, China and S. Korea and US).

While there are still skirmishes, the Iraq war is over.  Iran doesn't have the ability to fight  a conventional war against the region, so they'll saber rattle all they want until Akmahinidag is out of office and the younger pro-American generation takes power in the next 10 years or so.

Afghanistan is not capable of invading anything.  Pakistan is an ALLY, and we aren't at war with them.  They'd more likely go to war with Indian than us, but that won't happen anytime soon.

China doesn't want any of N. Korea's problems.  The country is starving, and they are desperately trying to become more of a bully so they can get whatever they want.  It IS possible they'd invade S. Korea, but China won't support them.  Again... China.. is an ALLY.  The Cold War is over, and there is no threat of a GLOBAL war here.  Is it possible that North Korea might go off the deep end and start invading, or sending missiles at S. Korea or Japan?  Sure.  But it'll be contained to that part of the globe.  China has alot of influence over N. Korea, and I would guess they will do everything they can to NOT have a war go down.  China has alot to lose if they do so.  You think America is going to import Barbie dolls from a country we're at war with?  Nope.

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Fnord

B wins.  He makes all valid points and I agree with him.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Go move to your fallout shelter...we'll call in 10 years or so if everything is ok.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'