News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

FWL Season 5 ALPHA Archive

Started by Fnord, December 20, 2015, 03:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

Quote from: Fnord on January 17, 2016, 04:19:06 PM
Yeah, I don't know. I didn't think we'd have that much of a problem finding 10 people. We might have to go back down just the one league w/keepers again this year and re-evaluate until next year.

So what you are saying is that if we can't find another person for the Alpha league then the Omega league is gone and it is just one league again for no money and we still get to use our keepers?

Fnord

Possibly, unless I can think of another solution.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Drama Queen

I'm honestly ok with just being in the Omega league... so if playing with eight helps you guys go ahead, I'm happy to bow out.

Midas

Well the bright side is that if we are forced to 86 the Alpha League, everyone that is in the Alpha is already signed up for the Omega league with the exception of Mike Powers...

I presume Mike Powers will sign up for the Omega league which would become the only league and we would have 16...

Quote1. Fnord
2. Midas
3. Kieran King
4. Drama Queen
5. BamBamBunglow
6. Goldferg
7. Jon
8. GM Franchise
9. Sgt. Josh Underpants
10. Alex Smiley
11. PapaPancho
12. Duckman
13. Rob
14. Black Death
15. Gravedigger
16. Mike Powers

Presuming we follow the tradition of the previous year the draft would be:

Quote1.Alex Smiley
2. Drama Queen
3. Mike Powers
4. Black Death
5. GM Franchise
6. Sgt. Josh Underpants
7. Jon
8. BamBamBunglow
9. PapaPancho
10. Kieran King
11. Goldferg
12. Midas
13. Fnord
14. Duckman
15. Rob
16. Gravedigger

Now on this list the first 13 would have to choose a keeper from their current roster and then the remaining 3 would be able to choose a keeper from the available wrestlers...

Quote from: Drama Queen on January 17, 2016, 05:56:24 PM
I'm honestly ok with just being in the Omega league... so if playing with eight helps you guys go ahead, I'm happy to bow out.

The final decision is really up to Fnord on this one but IMO I want a 10 person Alpha League not a 8 person Alpha League... I respect the decision of people not to want to pony up $20 dollars to play in the Alpha league but I don't agree with it...  The amount of money that Fnord and myself have spent on wrestling over the last 4 seasons to run this league leaves me finding it hard to swallow the thought process that out of the 7 people who are willing to play for free we cannot get one of them to play for $20. But hey no one asked me to spend money on this league so I guess I am the fool!

It seems like the people in the Omega League like the non-keeper aspect so knowing that going down to 1 league puts us back to keepers for everyone brings me great joy.  However is Fnord wants to accept your departure from the Alpha League and run it at 8 then I am on board.

My vote is 1 league with no money and stick with the 16 players we have.

Mike Powers

If we don't get the 10th and this fails, yes I'll join the omega.

Kieran King

Rob

Was gonna say if this doesn't happen and we have to do 1 league with keepers then I am out
SixersEagles

[/center]

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

¿PapaPancho?

Draft order will be randomized yes?

Fnord

Yep. As soon as I figure out a way to divide 15 evenly or get that magic 16th member I'll random.org it and give out the order.

Midas

Quote from: Fnord on January 18, 2016, 01:51:57 PM
Yep. As soon as I figure out a way to divide 15 evenly or get that magic 16th member I'll random.org it and give out the order.

I have a friend who is interested in joining... He would make the number 16 we need, I sent him a text message and will likely hear back from him after he is done with work.

I am about 95% sure he is in, just a matter of him setting up an account and posting...

Midas

Okay so my friend is in... That makes our 16th person, tonight he is going to come over and watch Raw so I will help him set up an account on MFX and get it all set...

Kieran King

I'm fine with this being a keeper league, but now that we're paying are we resetting for the 1st season? i.e. whoever has Roman Reigns doesn't hold onto him due to luck of the draw from 2 seasons ago?

Mike Powers

Can we have a comprehensive list of changes to this league?

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Kieran King on January 19, 2016, 02:27:38 AM
I'm fine with this being a keeper league, but now that we're paying are we resetting for the 1st season? i.e. whoever has Roman Reigns doesn't hold onto him due to luck of the draw from 2 seasons ago?

I had Reigns and I'm not playing Alpha, so he wouldn't appear as a keeper anyway. He's be first pick for whoever was top of the list ;)