News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Walking Dead on AMC

Started by Black Death, November 02, 2011, 01:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

I just saw a couple of episodes on Z Nation about cannibals, so it's lost a bit of its impact on me.

How many actors from The Wire are in this now?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Mike Powers

You stuck with Z Nation? I could barely get through the pilot.

Kirk

The acting is terrible and the budget isn't very high, but it has its moments and I like the tone of it. The Walking Dead is relentless misery so I like having a similar show to watch that's a bit more light hearted.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Mike Powers

The only one I cared about was Harold Perrineau, and they went and killed him off.

Kirk

I like the guy they're trying to protect. He's a complete coward and an arsehole.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Stoner

Quote from: Kirk on October 24, 2014, 07:31:14 AM
I like the guy they're trying to protect. He's a complete coward and an arsehole.

I'm actually ashamed that Rick and Co. didn't figure out his "Terrible secret" based on just the carving on the wall outside.  Its pretty obvious I think.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Mike Powers

Quote from: Stoner on October 24, 2014, 08:15:28 AM
I'm actually ashamed that Rick and Co. didn't figure out his "Terrible secret" based on just the carving on the wall outside.  Its pretty obvious I think.

He was talking about Z Nation there Stones.

Stoner

Never watched it. I was talking about Gabriel.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Mike Powers

You shouldn't, it sucks.

And I figured that out, lol.

Drama Queen

What I don't get is why was bob acting all weird before he got abducted anyway? He went out to be alone and start crying, this led me to believe that he was actually bitten by the underwater zombie earlier in the episode and he was getting ready to kill himself or something. Was this A deliberate red herring by the writers or am I looking to much into it?

Dorling

He was bitten. Remorseful kiss goodbye, hobbling off in tears. Like an elephant leaving the herd to go die alone.

Stoner

Quote from: Drama Queen on October 24, 2014, 07:56:25 PM
What I don't get is why was bob acting all weird before he got abducted anyway? He went out to be alone and start crying, this led me to believe that he was actually bitten by the underwater zombie earlier in the episode and he was getting ready to kill himself or something. Was this A deliberate red herring by the writers or am I looking to much into it?

Quote from: Dorling on October 24, 2014, 08:05:19 PM
He was bitten. Remorseful kiss goodbye, hobbling off in tears. Like an elephant leaving the herd to go die alone.

No.  He is a recovering alcoholic.  Remember the scene where he risked his and a few others lives to save some booze?  Everyone inside was drinking wine, and he didn't want to be a part of that because he knew it would drive him down a bad road, so he went outside.

Its actually the main reason I'm mad they're killing him off.  It was SUCH a good piece of character development, and they're killing him as a result of it.

Krazy

Quote from: Stoner on October 24, 2014, 08:08:19 PM
No.  He is a recovering alcoholic.  Remember the scene where he risked his and a few others lives to save some booze?  Everyone inside was drinking wine, and he didn't want to be a part of that because he knew it would drive him down a bad road, so he went outside.

Its actually the main reason I'm mad they're killing him off.  It was SUCH a good piece of character development, and they're killing him as a result of it.

Holy crap that is a good theory. The wife and I still think he got attack in the water.

Drama Queen

The alcoholic thing crossed my mind too.

Also one could speculate that Gabriel's foolishness almost cost bob dearly... And perhaps that reminded bob of when his foolishness caused others to die... Both before he joined the group, and that one time he was with the group, didn't he get trapped beneath a fallen wine rack or something, and some young kid that Beth was dating at the time, dies trying to free him?

But yeah, the remorseful kiss goodbye seems a bit over the top.

Having said that, of he WAS bitten, wouldn't he have been leaving it kind of late to tell anyone... Didn't Andreas sister turn a lot quicker then that?

Also, would/will it affect those who are currently digesting him, if he is infected?

Krazy

Quote from: Drama Queen on October 24, 2014, 08:32:26 PM
The alcoholic thing crossed my mind too.

Also one could speculate that Gabriel's foolishness almost cost bob dearly... And perhaps that reminded bob of when his foolishness caused others to die... Both before he joined the group, and that one time he was with the group, didn't he get trapped beneath a fallen wine rack or something, and some young kid that Beth was dating at the time, dies trying to free him?

But yeah, the remorseful kiss goodbye seems a bit over the top.

Having said that, of he WAS bitten, wouldn't he have been leaving it kind of late to tell anyone... Didn't Andreas sister turn a lot quicker then that?

Also, would/will it affect those who are currently digesting him, if he is infected?

That was so long ago but I thought it was a slow effect but I could be wrong.