News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Started by Goldferg, April 24, 2015, 07:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Shields

I really enjoyed this movie. I went in with somewhat lowered expectations since my brother got to see an early screening and just said it was all right, so that may have helped. Still, I thought it was a good movie, and on par with the first Avengers. There were a few things I was slightly disappointed with, but only because I thought it didn't do a great job of setting things up for events to come in a specific future movie. Still, that was a minor complaint, and didn't hurt my enjoyment of the movie at all. The interactions with the Avengers was one of the best parts of the movie, as it was in the first one, especially Cap and Thor. If you enjoy the Marvel Movies, you'll enjoy this one. I'm gonna give it a 4 out of 5, but it's kind of a weak 4. Closer to a 3.5.

T-Bonizzle

[spoiler]Dammit I was upset when they killed Quicksilver and didn't revive him. The twins were easily the most interesting characters of the film and I would see a standalone for them in a heartbeat.[/spoiler]

Stoner

Quote from: T-Mignon on May 03, 2015, 10:17:00 PM
[spoiler]Dammit I was upset when they killed Quicksilver and didn't revive him. The twins were easily the most interesting characters of the film and I would see a standalone for them in a heartbeat.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The actor is on contract to do more movies for Marvel, so I doubt he'll stay dead for long.  It was just the mandatory Whedon sacrifice.  His sister DOES have reality warping powers.[/spoiler]

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

jagilki

I just wish there was Pizza Dog.

The TeeJ of Philly

Flins:

[spoiler]Quicksilver and Scarlett which are both an x-men and avenger property, therefore both fox and marvel studios may use them. But Fox owns the rights to the word "mutants" (and adimantium) and threaten legal action if they ever showed up in a non fox film. That's why at the end of Cap 2, Strucker refers to them as miracles and in AoU they're just enhanced humans. They killed him off to avoid any confusion in future movies as they never called him Quicksilver in the movie.

As for him being dead, I suspect he will be back for Civil War in a cloned Thor type role. I mean, there's a reason he was never end mentioned after he died.

Also post credit scene, ugh fuck having to wait![/spoiler]

Tritch

[spoiler]Hey does anyone know, Thanos grabbing the glove... that was the only scene right? I saw that and assumed that'd be it so didn't stay for actual post-credits, as I was with a female who didn't need to know the full severity of my nerdiness just yet.[/spoiler]

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Adam Wrong

[spoiler]and as I've already said he's signed up to future films [/spoiler]

Flins.

Quote from: Tritch on May 04, 2015, 02:31:48 PM
[spoiler]Hey does anyone know, Thanos grabbing the glove... that was the only scene right? I saw that and assumed that'd be it so didn't stay for actual post-credits, as I was with a female who didn't need to know the full severity of my nerdiness just yet.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You didn't miss anything, just 'The Avengers will return'

I thought that might be the case, TJ. Didn't know about the cloning or the multiple movie deals though so look forward to seeing him return in for Civil War, if it is the cloning, if it's due to SW it could be later down the line.[/spoiler]