Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball breaks most viewed record on Vevo

Started by GM Franchise, September 12, 2013, 10:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball breaks most viewed record on Vevo

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57602198/miley-cyrus-wrecking-ball-breaks-most-viewed-video-record/

QuoteMiley Cyrus' latest music video has drawn a lot of looks -- enough to help her break a record.

The singer's "Wrecking Ball," which debuted Monday, has earned the most views on Vevo in a 24-hour period.

She took the record back from One Direction, whose "Best Song Ever" video earned 10.9 million Vevo views in its first 24 hours back in July. Previously, her video for "We Can't Stop" held the record with 10.7 million views upon its June release.

As of this writing, the Terry Richardson-directed video has racked up more than 17 million views.

"Wrecking Ball" is the second single off Cyrus' upcoming album, "Bangerz," due out Oct. 8. Earlier that week, on Oct. 5, she'll be both the host and musical guest on "Saturday Night Live."

Watch the "Wrecking Ball" video below:

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

I dont understand. It made me feel sad. It was overly generic and she tried to molest a chain and giant ball.

Metaphor is lost on me. Is her sexually assaulting the wrecking ball supposed to represent how 3 minutes of my life just got sexually assaulted by her video?

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

I wished the wrecking ball would have fell on her.  But either way, I'm glad I haven't seen the video.

GM Franchise

The whole nudity thing caused a big uproar when the video was released last week.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

My wife said something about her twerking on an awards show....did she really do that?

GM Franchise