Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkia Fisk

Quote from: Black Death on May 21, 2012, 10:12:07 AM
she does not want to do that

Oh I wouldn't dear brother? lol
Always business BD but there's always love! ;)

GENERAL MANAGER - ROSWELL ALIENS

Justin

Can we re-sign players now?  For example, I'm looking to trade Cappy but he will done after this season.  Can I protect him after the season and still sign him before the draft?  Or can I sign him now?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

You can negoiate your own player contracts at any time...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

So I think nows a good time to start discussing improvement for next season. I say this just cause I know almost every GM was behind a 5 million increase in cap space in the GM Meeting thread we had. I believe 6 out of 8 GM's already confirmed we should make this move.

- $5 million is enough to help teams (almost ALL) who fucked up last off-season.
- $5 million is enough to still make the aspect of managing your cap a big aspect. Suggestions of $8-10 million would make the game too easy, but 5 is enough to give teams a bit of breathing room for their draft.
- An increase in cap makes realistic In character. The leagues making more money than ever, apparent by the 2 new expansion teams. Bigger sponsors, big television deals = more money to infuse into the league.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

another suggestioned Bone had mentioned was good.

Ask for fines to be handed out to players who break on court or off court rules to be handed down by the FBL. No more fights without consequences, no more breech of contracts without consequences. The contract needs to be enforced. If you sign a contract you are bound by it. None of this refusing to play unless you are traded shit if you expect to be paid each season.

Cory

but just wanted to see if there was any way of a cap increase...if not i wont be able to make some of the trades I want. No point having two 1st round picks and only 4 million in cap to sign.

T-Bonizzle

You were supposed to make that sound more elegant lol.

The one thing I'd like to see is more variety in the schedule. It was too linear and boring. I'm hoping we can switch it up to be more realistic.

I say this with an understanding that it is a beta season so I know why it was done the way it was done.

Otherwise I loved the game.

GM Franchise

One question. Can GM Franchise sit in the crowd ala Mark Cuban? lol
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Well it should be noted these are all just suggestions based of Beta, not in any way a shot at Ian or the game. This game has been a HUGE success, and these are just the majority consensus of the players feedback.

Black Death

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on May 21, 2012, 05:09:42 PM
One question. Can GM Franchise sit in the crowd ala Mark Cuban? lol

they would kill you with in the first half
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Cap wont be increased, you all got the chance to do something with your cap sending people to the expansion draft. Its not suppose to be an easy game lol. As stated in the expansion draft their contracts will become null and void. So can be renegoiated.

I'll take on board the whole deal of fines and what not and see how I can work that into the game. Expect agents to be more prominent in season 7 as well fellas. When you get the ratings back at the end of the season, you will see the ratings box is colour coded which will refer to an agent who represents that player.

The PR Budget will become 'your budget' next season. I will convert the contracts currently on the table (ie percentages) into DOLLARS and you can work out how to spend your cash. This will include PR stuff. If you have guys that refuse to play for whatever reason you will see an increase in the 'budget' as it will be tied into the player salaries as well. So...for example you will have a combined 50 million. 40 million is designated for players salaries...10 million for other uses which we can get into next year as well. Because I use a simming option I have to have some simplicity as well. Lets not run before we can walk a bit.

Gonna be tough enough coming up with a schedule now for 10 teams lol

T-Bonizzle

Ian it's actually pretty easy to mock up a complex looking schedule. I can mock one up sometime tonight so you can see.

Black Death

now you make division  with 10 teams

east coast / west coast

Each team in there  division  play twice and  play each team from the other division  twice

east coast
Virginia
Kentucky
P Rico
Texas
Boston

West Coast

Hollywood
Las Vegas
Seattle
Boise
Wyoming
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jennifer

With Walton going to the free agency, I have a question.

Is it possible for me to release Brad Jones as a result of his off-court scandal without taking a cap hit? Usually that kind of thing factors into a breach of contract. I ask because if that's the case I have some in character phonecalls to make.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Here's the order of what will happen:

The current 8 teams will decide who they want to protect from the expansion draft. They have a maximum of 6 protections. Can protect nobody if they wanted to.

Those unprotected will go into the expansion draft where the Spuds and Colonials will draft away till their heart is content.

Anyone not drafted will become a free agent.

If a player is unprotected, his contract is not honoured by his club. So for example if you were paying Brad 6 million over 2 years. Once he is unprotected you then have 6 million of your cap now as Brad has entered the expansion draft

This gives you guys who majorly fucked up the chance to get guys out the team from the Beta season...

Once the expansion draft is finished. Colonials and Spuds can either choose to sign players or just have them on the roster...I'd suggest to both to not sign too many before the ACTUAL draft.

Then people get into contract negoiations...couple of things to consider as say TIPS:

1. Anyone entering the expansion draft will automatically lose morale and worth so will probably sign for lesser contracts with the expansion team.

2. All those players incentives are null and void so that means PR budget stuff from Season 6. That has to be then renegoiated.

3. Say you wanted to resign Brad Jones, let him go to the expansion draft, he wasnt drafted and went to the FA pool. You could attempt to resign him on a contract of your choosing bearing in mind his demands would be even less lol. However, the question would be would he want to resign with the team that didnt protect him.

With questions about cap space and everything this is your guys real chance to free up space now you have seen how the game works. I have been planning this to help the beta guys who now have a grasp of the game recover mistakes, whilst at the same time present Boise and Virginia with options of guys who have actually played in the FBL.

Hope that answers any questions of what we are doing and how.