News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

Good post T-Bone. Highlights my happiness with my starting 5 - I have two C+ and two B- in there, so if I can keep those guys happy and productive I think I can take on some of the bigger teams.

T-Bonizzle

Your starting 5 is a 2.3 Dorling. Your bench drags your grade down really far.

Black Death

Yeah... I set myself back a year ... but if he keeps improving , I just need to get some of the right guys around him and maybe build on the young guys on the team ...

maybe I could get the guys to play together ... grades are one thing , but if my guys mesh well together , maybe we can steal some wins 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

T-Bonizzle

I didn't factor in the coaches either. I'm not sure what effect they have on the teams, except for some occasional drama.

GM Franchise

My PF guys kill my rating. Would be higher if I had at least a C level PF.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Death on May 27, 2012, 01:40:32 PM
Yeah... I set myself back a year ... but if he keeps improving , I just need to get some of the right guys around him and maybe build on the young guys on the team ...

maybe I could get the guys to play together ... grades are one thing , but if my guys mesh well together , maybe we can steal some wins

Exactly. That's what I tried to do last season and it worked a little bit. Stole 2 wins near the end of the season.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

Vick is still unknown ...I get the feeling that he going to full of knowledge , but may not be a great motivational coach ... being he was not a vocal player, more of a worker   

kind wish we stuck that deal james earlier  lol

GM Franchise

Lol I know but oh well.

Flips is definitely not a motivational type of coach but then again neither was Bogolov. I had to deal with the motivational speeches and that led to a brawl at a game if that tells you anything, lol.

Jennifer

Motivational =/= whipping into a frenzy. xP

Flips just... isn't an anything type of coach. He's oblivious to the team and provides them no real benefit in terms of court leadership and so on. If the coach has an effect on results, anyone is better than Flips.

...See Hawk turn out to suck.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Black Death

I thought flips as a great player , does not make a great coach because the things he did came naturally to him. He just did them , but it hard for him to teach the players that not as skill as him to do what he did. They don't have his talent, so they can not do what he feels is easy thing ... which now he kind of stuck in his own world . missing his playing days

Jen... you are do for a break at coach

Black Death

He prefect for you james ... he a yes man , so you have full control like you like

GM Franchise

Quote from: Black Death on May 27, 2012, 01:56:07 PM
He prefect for you james ... he a yes man , so you have full control like you like

Yep that is perfect plus all of his weaknesses are my strong points. If I don't have any "happy go lucky" type of players I shouldn't have too many issues behavior wise. Flips was a great player, just wish he'd use that knowledge as a coach.

Cory

Really pleased with my team...hopefully I dont take a shit pumping in off court issues again this year.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

You should be fine. If you don't make the Finals I'll be shocked.

Black Death

I think the off court game is going to be killer .  Ian had a chance to work out some kinks ... Expect the unexpected