News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

thanks i should of thought of askin a while ago but thought id be gettin comp back sooner

Black Death

Ian ... did I make a mistake and  I can not put penny in
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

T-Bonizzle

Yea really, I thought we could protect up to 6 players, and the others are left to their own devices. In my case with Hall retiring I'd release just one player into the expansion draft.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Black Death on July 04, 2012, 08:48:32 PM
Ian ... did I make a mistake and  I can not put penny in

This is were people have to start paying more attention to the game a little. Cory and the whole Nest thing for one. McCrackin has mentioned a few times that the agreement to let Penny go is seperate to the expansion draft as he is returning to England. He even went as far as to say

"Given that there is a deal for Chris Penny already done and dusted to release his contract, that leaves Team Captain Ollie Stambola, reliable Tuck Finch and promising backup centre Nyako Umjumbo on the chopping block."

He then went onto mention who he thought would go out the three. Saying two would have to.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on July 04, 2012, 08:50:38 PM
Yea really, I thought we could protect up to 6 players, and the others are left to their own devices. In my case with Hall retiring I'd release just one player into the expansion draft.

Chris Penny isnt retiring. BD offered him a release on his contract to return to England. Horace Hall and actual retiring players are different as they are not receiving monies from the team to retire. Penny has a deal worked out with BD. As said it has been mentioned more than once by Chase McCrakin. If BD had done a deal for say Umjumbo, he would have automatically had to release Ollie and Finch.

Like I said, all this stuff is there in black and white to be read or hear. Chase and Dirk dont say stuff for the hell of it.

T-Bonizzle

But I'm fine....right?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

The positive for BD is Penny agreed the deal as a PR move. Therefore it wont effect BD's actual player cap, but will effect his PR cap, which he probably has more control over at the moment. 500k of next season goes to his agent, 500k to him.

Here was what was said:

Hi there GM Death. Chris and his family would really like to return to England. What I was working on as a proposal was releasing Chris from his contract with you next season. If you can say make a tax avoidable PR donation to DF Agency I can give Chris his 500k percentage, plus some for myself say 500k to make it happen and you will be free of his salary cap for the Season 8 season. Does that work for you?

Black Death

i am fine too...  sorry  about the confusion

I still have six protected .. for a second I thought I had to release tuck also ...

everything is cool

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on July 04, 2012, 08:58:10 PM
But I'm fine....right?

In terms that Horace has done the following:

1. Is not a player/coach which means you keep his players salary
2. Has agreed to retire from the organization
3. Has recommended he be left unprotected for the expansion draft
4. Will retire when the season ends
5. Will return to the Bells on an Assitant Coach contract to be agreed by the GM

The same thing is going on in Virginia with Steve Watchen. Although he hasnt got a coaching position agreed yet.

In the case of both Kentucky and Las Vegas who have agreed player coaches they wont have to dip into the PR salary to fund these guys as they are still active players.

T-Bonizzle

I don't have to protect Hall, and I can release one other player and still have my six right?

Justin

How much are scouting reports?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on July 04, 2012, 09:06:13 PM
I don't have to protect Hall, and I can release one other player and still have my six right?

Correct! Again...this is all theorized in general news were Chase spent a good 1000 plus words talking it through!

GM Franchise

I  think they come from the PR budget too.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: JustinP on July 04, 2012, 09:06:44 PM
How much are scouting reports?

1 million for an indepther. Yes I understand thats not going to be accurate in real terms. But this monopoly money so to speak.