News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

MVP: Eddie Lights, Las Vegas
DPoY: OJ McLoo, Wyoming
RoY: Joe Harding, Seattle
Sixth Man: Sheldon Day, Kentucky
All-FBL: Rogers, Lights, Fletcher, Bennett, Shack
Playoffs:
East: Kentucky, Puerto Rico, Virginia, Boston
West: Las Vegas, Wyoming, Seattle, Boise
Season 8 Champion: Las Vegas
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

So anyway let me explain the schedule/division/playoff thing, since I made the schedule with all this in mind.

Each division has 7 teams (as BD noted). So originally we intended for everyone to play their division twice and interleague play once.

For weeks 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, there are six division games and one interleague game which will always be the featured game of the week (aka the last one). So when I posted the spoilers, that week Tampa Bay vs. Las Vegas was the feature game. Weeks 4, 5, 6 are all interleague plays.

Unfortunately because of us having 14 teams, it was not possible for me to create a perfect schedule where you play everyone in your division twice. So while Wyoming and Las Vegas play a perfect schedule in the West, the other 5 teams have to have interleague play. So for example Montana plays Boston twice and Wyoming only once. It's just the way things worked out.

That means some teams will have slightly tougher schedules. The only consequence of this is that divisional record cannot be used as a tie breaker because not everyone plays the division evenly.

I think we intended for the top 4 teams in with the best records in each division to go onto the playoffs. That could mean that the 5th place team in one division could have a better record then the 4th place team in another division, and it happens. Whatever.

I think that about covers it. Here's the Week 1 teaser again if you want to make plans. Note, despite this being an 'American league' the team on the left is the home team.

Boston vs. Pittsburgh
Roswell vs. Montana
Puerto Rico vs. Kentucky
Wyoming vs. Boise
Virginia vs. Texas
Seattle vs. Hollywood
Tampa Bay vs. Las Vegas

Hondo

One question...

In week nine, you have Kentucky playing Virginia twice on the road. Is that right?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

T-Bonizzle

Maybe there's a mistake

This isn't easy

T-Bonizzle

There is a mistake, NOT easy fix though.

T-Bonizzle

Here is the proper second half of Week 9. Everything is fixed as it should be now.

Wyoming vs. Hollywood
Puerto Rico vs. Virginia
Seattle vs. Montana
Pittsburgh vs. Boston
Boise vs. Las Vegas
Texas vs. Kentucky
Roswell vs. Tampa Bay

Cory

just thinking say if no new teams join next year do we still have something along the lines of a expansion draft? I know its the only thing that saves most team some cap space.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

My guess is they would go into free agency.  You can release however many players you want.

Jennifer

Ian said earlier that some foreign teams might pop up who will pick up players.

But he doesn't want people to just be able toe release people because it's then too easy to compensate for screwing up and penalises the people who are doing a good job (his words, not mine).

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

I think being able to drop 2 players a season would make the most sense. You sign an injury prone player or something like that and need to dump him.

Cory

I kinda like the Spuds PR lady, for as much as I could possibly like a "poser" image lol

J-Reb

TyTy...check your PM's please. :)

Dorling

Quote from: Jennifer on July 10, 2012, 04:23:41 PM
Ian said earlier that some foreign teams might pop up who will pick up players.

But he doesn't want people to just be able toe release people because it's then too easy to compensate for screwing up and penalises the people who are doing a good job (his words, not mine).

100% this. If you screw up and you want to release players under contract you should have to pay up their contract from your budget. Cap and contracts are there for a reason. I had a great season with loads of cap space, it would be unfair if others could magic up cap space put of nowhere when I've been careful with it.

Justin

Who is plaing pick'em for season 8?

Cory