News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

Dorling

Those aren't currently roles that the rules of the game allow us to recruit for.

Black Death

don't think you have enough influence with flips to get him to drop out of coaching and take a spot like that .

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jennifer

How do contact extensions work in terms of salary cap and starting date?

As in, if I have somebody expiring at the end of this season, do I have to take into account this season's salary cap, or does the contract not start until the end of the current deal?

I ask because it becomes apparent that people are picking to leave/considering themselves undervalued and I'd like to tie off a couple of deals, but I don't have the cap to do it if the deals start this season. So yeah, can we get some more information on how that works so I know what I can and can't do and don't waste time?

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Jennifer on July 29, 2012, 08:08:38 AM
How do contact extensions work in terms of salary cap and starting date?

As in, if I have somebody expiring at the end of this season, do I have to take into account this season's salary cap, or does the contract not start until the end of the current deal?

I ask because it becomes apparent that people are picking to leave/considering themselves undervalued and I'd like to tie off a couple of deals, but I don't have the cap to do it if the deals start this season. So yeah, can we get some more information on how that works so I know what I can and can't do and don't waste time?

If you have a player in the last year of his contract and say for example...he was on

1 million (1)

and you wanted him for 2 more seasons on top of this and he wants 3 million contract becomes

3 million (3)

any contract is instant unless your player holds out.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

jagilki

Hope PETA doesn't jump on BJW's ass.

I'd halfway believe a conspiracy against my Coach..... except he ran around my office naked.

GM Franchise

Still waiting on a team...  :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

Quote from: jagilki on July 29, 2012, 01:33:04 PM
Hope PETA doesn't jump on BJW's ass.

I'd halfway believe a conspiracy against my Coach..... except he ran around my office naked.

something not right ... jag you might need to get Sherlock Holmes on this

GM Franchise

I think your coach has been hanging out with Jimmy Street.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ok folks here are a couple of things:

Cause of the movements of GMs although their teams will be autoskipped I am allowing negoiations with players and coaches to appear in their threads so Mississippi, Roswell, Seattle and Anchorage. These can be extending current contracts or enquiring speaking to coaches. Anything though that is done which isn't part of the current team will be future dealed ie if you sign a coach for next season or a free agent.

Their teams as stated will be simmed for Season 8

The expansion draft will mean the protection of up to six players as normal. You must protect anyone involved in a future trade so for example at this stage Montana must protect Kevin Moose as one of their six. To compensate this for teams there are a few teams with players entering the last year of their contracts. These so called 'free agents for season 9' can begin discussions with their current team or a team looking to get their services for next season. Again remember you are allowed up to six protections, you don't have to use all six and if a player chooses to sign via free agency with another ball club...you dont have to protect them. Any deals with another club outside their own must appear in the future deals thread.

I am scrapping the PR budget for promoting players for awards. Experiment failed in that regard. I will pick the nominees this season, you guys can vote on them. I will be basing it on stats and contribution to team etc..

I also have kept zero track of your deals involving scouting reports. This was not an official part of the FBL game and something you guys went for. Probably a few folks have missed out on this unless they can make a claim.

A coin flip has seen Anchorage secure the first pick in the Season 9 FBL draft and Mississippi are second. The Steamers will have first pick in the expansion draft therefore.

Any team not making the playoffs will go into the lottery to make up the other picks. Based on Wins and Losses will determine how many 'balls you get' in the lottery. The set order of the rest will be determined on standings. Basically same as last year.

Mike Flips has been signed as an Assistant Coach for Hollywood next season and Ted Mackay has been signed as a Headcoach. Their contracts will be negoiated by TyTy as their new GM.

Roswell has traded their 2nd round draft pick in Season 9 to Seattle for Moses Franks as part of the reason to sign GM Franchise. Franks will be a player/assistant coach with the Aliens next season. This was done to bring more coaches into the game as well as 'in character' a supporter of GM Franchise on the Aliens decided by their board in the absence of a GM making decisions. The head coaching job is still open.

Coaches work differently to players. They can quit and walk out on contracts. As stated no coach can start coaching a new team half way through a season or whatever. So in the case of PR and TEX neither Black nor Chart can suddenly coach another team in Season 8. However, both can negoiate Season 9 deals for any team. Furthermore if a team had an interest in a coach currently with an organisation say for example...Horace Hall of Boston...they can negoiate with Hall for Season 9, but he will continue in his coaching capacity at Boston.

Manuel Velez, Escobar Velez, Bert Miller, Moe Christopher have all left their teams by 'mutual consent' and are free agent coaches for next season. Frank Devine is finishing the season in Spain, but can be hired for next season.

The two Spanish teams will be trying to negoiate deals for your players. These are what I call 'dead wood salary cap moves'. The negoiation will take place between yourself and their agent. You will receive nothing in return, but its a chance to get a player off your books as they will play in Spain for a season before anyone else can sign them as a free agent. I am far too nice!

I think thats it. Onwards and upwards. Should add a bit of spice to the game and give folks something to do. Remember the importance of the future deals thread and logging stuff.

GM Franchise

Ian, you read my mind with Franks. That was part of my gameplan so kudos for that.  :)

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on July 29, 2012, 07:29:43 PM
Ian, you read my mind with Franks. That was part of my gameplan so kudos for that.  :)

I built it in to give you some moral support.

Domingo

Congrats James! You got the perfect team considering your love for horror/science fiction stuff.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 29, 2012, 07:32:44 PM
I built it in to give you some moral support.

Definitely need it especially with how things will be there after Ty literally sold them down the river. Morale will be a key issue with the team.

Quote from: domingo on July 29, 2012, 07:33:28 PM
Congrats James! You got the perfect team considering your love for horror/science fiction stuff.

Thanks. Going to change up my forum profile here to represent the Aliens, baby. Also it works too since Las Vegas 51's baseball team has an alien logo and I regularly have gone to games in recent years.  :)

Black Death

least not confuse  any more ... lol