Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

He might be the new Brad Jones.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Dorling

Operation: Tough Love has commenced. Let's see if Vraba stays or goes...

Strike

Wow, Vraba's being what the Croatians would call a massive "govno jedno."

Seriously, that's a minuscule thing he's flipping out over.

Dorling

Well if he’s going to behave like a baby then I’ll treat him like a baby. Say hello to the bench Cazluc!

Honestly, what a child.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Chris Strike on August 06, 2012, 04:23:59 AM
Wow, Vraba's being what the Croatians would call a massive "govno jedno."

Seriously, that's a minuscule thing he's flipping out over.

Two factors are always going to make this.

1. The personality of the player will always determine if they can be reasoned with. Someone like a Vraba as Jen knows...although a dynamite player cannot be reasoned with much and obviously has a chip on his shoulder.

2. How much attention you pay to a player and help them. IE in Cory's case he was about 2 weeks late to the party with Hans Stimar who was a guy who defended him to the boo boys of Texas. Stimar was a placid character, but it was mentioned a few times before Cory reacted and then Cory's reaction was sort of crap in offering to pay PR money to Hans to imply he wasn't a Nazi basically. Line has to be drawn somewhere!

3. There will always be players like say a Sampson, Fields, Cross who I have made as baggage players. Easily influenced and carry baggage. If you can address it correctly then you wouldnt have a problem. Great example has been Dorling's response to Jordan Brandon in Virginia.

I completely recognize that the drama is way over the top and sometimes very stupid or it seems guys flip out for small reasons. That of course is the FBL element to it, if this didn't happen it would be a boring game trust me. You need a little spice to make it interesting so a broken toe nail, might be a big deal to a guy. All these guys have egos dont get me wrong, some are just big headed, some are fucking nut jobs, but its about you guys actually running a team or in some cases an asylum.

Things like drafting the right players, managing a simplistic budget, dealing with agents, coaches and morale. A very basic job of running something like a team or a game.

I hope everyone continues to enjoy this hybrid sports/rpg game.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Dorling

I love it mate, I'm finally getting a chance to rule with an iron fist! Haven't needed to yet!

Strike

It makes for a fantastic amount of drama and it does do its job of keeping us on our toes. If anything, I'm just laughing at how it all occurs. XD

Also, guys, this was kind of a quick/crap job done within a jersey generator and then on Paint but...hey, I got bored. So I made my Anchorage Glaciers jerseys.

Home Jersey:

Away Jersey:

Jennifer

*just smiles ever so slightly*

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

T-Bonizzle

You couldn't waited one more week to meltdown so I'm guaranteed to beat you Dorling? Now you have enough time to put it back together....:(

Dorling

Vraba scores a lot of points but I have 3 shooting guards in my team, not to mention a small forward that has been getting 15 points from the bench the last few weeks, so if he wants to play from the bench he can. Brandon adds a lot more to my team in terms of steals, rebounds and assists. In Vraba’s 50 point game he had 0 in every other stat line. It might shore up my defence a bit and mean less for both myself and my opponents in my matches but I won’t be playing him if he acts like that!

T-Bonizzle

Next week, we can play 7 on 7 :)

GM Franchise

Lol this is crazy. NEVER did I expect to see a Colonials player blow up like that.

Also I LOVE the baggage players. I usually end up a lot of them too, lol. Brian Beast is one of those for sure.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Cory just laid down the law to his team.

Cory

Well figured if I didnt weed out all the guys who were still pissed from the George Nest thing, or the guys who are pissed about the guys that have LEFT from the George nest thing, now is the time.

If im going to lose big players, now I can rebuild with all the draft picks, as oppose to having a guy be a ticking time bomb and wanting to leave a season or two away when I don't have the appropriate picks to replace him. I think everyone will stay but Keys.....and I have a small fear about Kamill, but I dont think he'll leave...we'll have to wait and see I guess.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

FXBlade

I know the standings are announced on 'inside FBL' I just want to make a reference point here so I can see it and dont have to keep finding it on the audio!

Its right that the top 4 teams head to playoffs right?  How do the play offs work because I think i missed that?

Standings after week 6

West

Aces - 10-2
Spuds - 9-3
Wolves - 7-5
Aliens - 3-9
--------------------
Bears - 3-9
Stars - 1-11
Toppers - 0-12

East

Colonials - 10-2