News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

What I really need is a player on a small contract.

This is my trouble. I don't have any picks in the draft, so seeing scouting reports is kind of useless for me.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 14, 2012, 11:52:18 AM
Would have liked the pick, but I looked and he was scouting 4 of the players I wanted to scout anyway. Plus, I solve the starting problem and get a decent young player. No matter what I wanted to make the Cooper/Daniels deal.

This deal was perfect for me. Get Cooper and Finch back together plus gives me the extra SF I need. I can train Massimo to be an SG/SF and my team is covered. Almost had to keep the pick. Going to send Street to rehab and worried that he will get relapse or something. If it backfires I need coverage.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Arkia Fisk

I getting the feeling this is going to be a lot less Coach led/assisted off season as far as the draft and things...anybody else getting that eerie feeling?

GENERAL MANAGER - ROSWELL ALIENS

Strike

Sorry on the delay, had to run an errand. Already got my six + two draft picks on coming to complete my team - so it's BD's move.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Arkia Fisk on August 14, 2012, 12:57:15 PM
I getting the feeling this is going to be a lot less Coach led/assisted off season as far as the draft and things...anybody else getting that eerie feeling?

I actually like that.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

They'll give you input but as always the decision is yours, and you shouldn't try to have them hold your hand or make decisions for you.

GM Franchise

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on August 14, 2012, 01:11:06 PM
They'll give you input but as always the decision is yours, and you shouldn't try to have them hold your hand or make decisions for you.

This is very true.

Hondo

Hey BD, you reckon Truck will play for you this time around?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

T-Bonizzle

When I talk to my coaches I don't go. "what do you think?" I go "Here's a list of things I think, what sounds best?"

Domingo

Looks like BD got enough players to look through and pick and choose who he wants to keep. He has the #2 pick and Johnson, then drafted 8 players in the expansion draft.

GM Franchise

That's actually a smart move and opens up numerous trade possibilities for him as well.

Jennifer

Quote from: Arkia Fisk on August 14, 2012, 12:57:15 PM

Well, they're not there to explain EVERYTHING

And yeah... if the players are there it makes sense to draft them. Nothing saying you HAVE to sign the guys you draft.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on August 14, 2012, 01:14:42 PM
When I talk to my coaches I don't go. "what do you think?" I go "Here's a list of things I think, what sounds best?"

Same here. I try and come up with like A, B, C with no assistance and maybe get an opinion on what would be best.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Strike

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on August 14, 2012, 01:14:42 PM

They seem to be a lot more responsive when you present them with a concrete idea. Better input this way, helps with making a decision where all parties get a proper result rather than GM fleecing Coach in some way or Coach seeming to be in more control of the team than the GM itself.

Domingo

Nice move there Bone and BD. I hope you can fix Mission, Bone.