Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

Quote from: JackHondo on August 19, 2012, 08:28:33 AM
QFT, my man. QFT.

Although I will admit I went after Martin when I heard he was available. But that was more to upgrade a position, and plus I asked the coach first.

I really don't get it. Some of trades have been necessary, like Bone shipping out Richards after he pissed him off, but some are insane. The last trade Ty did, bringing Street, Fox and Weed to Hollywood?! Two PR nightmares and a player that has been suspended by his own team?

It just seems like some teams have no strategy in place. Or, if they had a strategy for the draft and preseason they've now completely abandoned it. There is pretty much zero benefit in doing trades after preseason - this is the first season we've done it after getting the PDFs isn't it?

It's insane what's going on at the moment. It certainly makes it interesting but I'm not sure at all on some of the strategies being enacted right now.

Black Death

trying to improve my bench
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

FXBlade

But as we should have learnt by now, consistency is a key.

Anything you did in pre season training was pointless.  All the 'un needed' trades should have been going on while the draft was in place, and as a learning curve, I got all my renewed contracts sewn up and in place before the lock in.

Its certainly crazy, but anyone that has done major changes will more than likely do it again post season and you lose all the momentum and stability you have got.

Jennifer

So with all these guys pissing off their coaches...

Someone want to hire Amos from me? I promise I won't get too mad.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ty

I do have a planned direction. Reason I worked these trades is bc nothing in the off season worked out and I'm working at next season.

Mckay and shaw leaving is huge disaster

T-Bonizzle

I had no choice on my end...

Chris Shields

I have no interest in trading any of my players. I am dreading the free agency stuff though. Neither Class nor Mu seem to want to resign their contracts, and that is really gonna screw things up for me. Hopefully I can at least convince Bernie to resign before the rest of you a-holes get the chance to snatch him away.

Strike

Now that I've dumped my big boo boo mistake in Rogers and got Chi Chi signed, my team's settled to go here. Just a matter of having a quick word with a few players, putting in strategies and getting going.

Cory

Same, I got 5 more things to address and I'm ready to lock in

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Wow, didn't expect to see McKay walk out. Only reason I did the trade was to keep the PR headaches to a minimum this season and to alleviate some cap room. Plus with Truck, Rivers, and Finch all playing together all last season with Flips figured the chemistry issue would be a minimum. I also think that stability was gained by doing the move considering all Street cared about was money and Fox only cares about partying. Plus Truck is much more reliable overall than Weed. Only guy left I need to get rid of is Trafford and I'm set. Thinking about trading him overseas. Considering I don't have any contact overseas it would be a good move and save me cap space. Other than that I like the team and it'll be much better off without the headaches than with them.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Dorling

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on August 19, 2012, 02:42:05 PM
Wow, didn't expect to see McKay walk out. Only reason I did the trade was to keep the PR headaches to a minimum this season and to alleviate some cap room. Plus with Truck, Rivers, and Finch all playing together all last season with Flips figured the chemistry issue would be a minimum. I also think that stability was gained by doing the move considering all Street cared about was money and Fox only cares about partying. Plus Truck is much more reliable overall than Weed. Only guy left I need to get rid of is Trafford and I'm set. Thinking about trading him overseas. Considering I don't have any contact overseas it would be a good move and save me cap space. Other than that I like the team and it'll be much better off without the headaches than with them.

That makes sense, I just can't why on earth anybody would take those three players from you!

GM Franchise

Quote from: Dorling on August 19, 2012, 02:49:04 PM
That makes sense, I just can't why on earth anybody would take those three players from you!

Lol I know. I'm amazed I got that deal done. Team got upgraded in a major way in the backcourt, got rid of some headache players, and got a rebounding machine to come off the bench. Yeah, I'm a Smooth Operator.  8)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jennifer

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on August 19, 2012, 02:42:05 PM
Wow, didn't expect to see McKay walk out. Only reason I did the trade was to keep the PR headaches to a minimum this season and to alleviate some cap room. Plus with Truck, Rivers, and Finch all playing together all last season with Flips figured the chemistry issue would be a minimum.

Guy came out of retirement for all this, he doesn't want to stick around when big moves are being made that he doesn't agree with.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

yeah agree with McKay leaving....you cant fuck with your team after you lock in for training.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE