News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: Chris Strike on August 22, 2012, 11:48:21 AM
I sincerely think the coaching staff is a key on how well it's gelled out, frankly. That and I'm just...so happy right now. Pulling off that trade is starting to pay off right now but let's how see the upcoming weeks go. :D

I have a feeling my coaching staff didn't help the gelling at all after my big trade. lol
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Quote from: Cory on August 22, 2012, 12:24:14 PM
Damn can we get an auto lock here or something

Thatd be cool

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am going to start bringing this rule into effect. Really I need time tomorrow to do the other updates for Week 2. So yeah, I'll check in tomorrow and go from there on in. I appreciate whats been said though, I also understand folks can only log in now and again as well. So another sort of night and we can autolock if nothing tomorrow UK morning time.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

T-Bonizzle

How about we standard a schedule? Give us 'this' time for team discussion, 'that time' is deadline for lock ins or you'll be auto-locked, 'that other time' is when results are posted and press conferences start, than rinse and repeat.

J-Reb

I'm all about a schedule, that would work fine for me!

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jennifer

Quote from: Thaddeus-B on August 22, 2012, 02:09:08 PM
How about we standard a schedule? Give us 'this' time for team discussion, 'that time' is deadline for lock ins or you'll be auto-locked, 'that other time' is when results are posted and press conferences start, than rinse and repeat.

Would that prevent the uber weeks, though?

As in, there are sometimes weeks when a LOT needs to be thrashed out, usually midseason when things start to hit the fan. Equally there are weeks when everyone just locks in with hardly a word. It might've kind've skew things off a bit.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Hondo

A schedule would help, but in a way wouldn't it cut down on creativity?

An alternate route would be instituting a 75% Rule. As of now there are 16 teams in the league. Once 12 of them have locked in, the remaining 4 have "X" amount of time before they are auto-locked.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Chris Shields

Where are the week 1 results, the season schedule, and all that other stuff? I haven't seen the schedule in the general news, and the results deal isn't updated either.

Ty

Quote from: Jennifer on August 22, 2012, 02:48:44 PM
Would that prevent the uber weeks, though?

As in, there are sometimes weeks when a LOT needs to be thrashed out, usually midseason when things start to hit the fan. Equally there are weeks when everyone just locks in with hardly a word. It might've kind've skew things off a bit.

Pick your battles I guess?

Strike

Quote from: JackHondo on August 22, 2012, 02:50:35 PM

An alternate route would be instituting a 75% Rule. As of now there are 16 teams in the league. Once 12 of them have locked in, the remaining 4 have "X" amount of time before they are auto-locked.

I like this idea best, actually. It allows us time to get stuff done and well, early birds getting the worm deal. We can figure out a fair amount of time to give the 4 remaining teams the best chance to get their stuff settled and done too.

Strike

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 22, 2012, 02:51:39 PM
Where are the week 1 results, the season schedule, and all that other stuff? I haven't seen the schedule in the general news, and the results deal isn't updated either.

The S9 Pickens topic should have the entire week one schedule.

Cory

Quote from: JackHondo on August 22, 2012, 02:50:35 PM

Bit more of a fan of this option....just cause most weeks you might get 1 person to talk too....but shit hits the fan and you need to talk to 3 people you need time to do so.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Chris Shields

Quote from: Chris Strike on August 22, 2012, 02:54:37 PM
The S9 Pickens topic should have the entire week one schedule.
It does, I was talking about the season schedule. Ian is fond of the (I'm paraphrasing here) "What do you expect next week" question. Without a schedule that shows who I'm facing next week, that's a tough question to answer.