OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkia Fisk

GENERAL MANAGER - ROSWELL ALIENS

T-Bonizzle

We can have GM meetings in-character about the cap lol

Cory

I think 40 IS fair...I mean I sitting at exactly 0...but I wouldnt oppose to going up to $45, no higher than that. Enough for wiggle room, not to sign an all star team or something. Maybe make PR an even 15 oppose to 13.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

$40 mil is fair and PR should be upped to $15 mil. That is the most ideal situation in my opinion.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on August 25, 2012, 02:26:32 AM
$40 mil is fair and PR should be upped to $15 mil. That is the most ideal situation in my opinion.

I'd be okay with that. <_<

Dorling

I think that a 5m cap increase is reasonable, there's definitely been some inflation. Season 7 I got D rated players like Watchen for the league minimum. Farooq was on league minimum, as was Closeness. This year players of the same grade like DeAnte Weed wanted 1.5m to sign a championship contender and ended up signing a 2m deal elsewhere.

Ty

Do the coaches seem... less training wheel'y this year?

Jennifer

Remember your level of help depends on the quality of the coach, too.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Justin

Quote from: Dorling on August 25, 2012, 04:27:26 AM
I think that a 5m cap increase is reasonable, there's definitely been some inflation. Season 7 I got D rated players like Watchen for the league minimum. Farooq was on league minimum, as was Closeness. This year players of the same grade like DeAnte Weed wanted 1.5m to sign a championship contender and ended up signing a 2m deal elsewhere.

Here's the issue and the one of the keys to this game.  If you know a player isn't worth a shit and you offer him the league minimum he will eventually take it.  The problem is the other GMs don't need to pay astronimically high prices to someone who doesn't deserve it.  That way these guys want come to expect the high salaries. 

Cory

Since I'm sitting at 0 cap I'll take ANY increase lol

Chris Shields

45 million cap, 15 million PR. That's what I would vote for.

Jennifer

PR doesn't need a hike. The issue is when everyone keeps offering it to try and haggle prices down. I've never actually PUT PR in any player's contract and I've still managed all right.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 25, 2012, 12:03:12 PM
45 million cap, 15 million PR. That's what I would vote for.

I'd vote for that too.

Cory

Quote from: Jennifer on August 25, 2012, 12:06:26 PM
PR doesn't need a hike. The issue is when everyone keeps offering it to try and haggle prices down. I've never actually PUT PR in any player's contract and I've still managed all right.

I only suggested a hike simply because 13 million is a weird number. 15 is round and just makes thing a little simpler. Honestly wouldnt care about a PR hike.

Black Death

pr is fine ... I back a slight cap increase
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"