News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

My teams always turn into disasters, lol. Hoping to be back next season.

However since I'm not longer a GM (for now), Bone, want me to get going on next season's schedule so it's ready ahead of time?  :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jennifer

Quote from: GM Franchise on October 19, 2012, 05:16:30 PM
My teams always turn into disasters, lol. Hoping to be back next season.

However since I'm not longer a GM (for now), Bone, want me to get going on next season's schedule so it's ready ahead of time?  :)

Well y'know, the Inside the FBL guys had some advice in that regard, right? Don't make so many snap decisions, think about the kind of guys you're bringing in, don't sign F- grade players to eight year deals...

Though to be fair I'm not sure you could have seen Trafford coming, he got really bad, REALLY quickly.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jennifer on October 19, 2012, 05:35:05 PM
Well y'know, the Inside the FBL guys had some advice in that regard, right? Don't make so many snap decisions, think about the kind of guys you're bringing in, don't sign F- grade players to eight year deals...

Though to be fair I'm not sure you could have seen Trafford coming, he got really bad, REALLY quickly.

Haven't listened to the show yet but you are dead on about Trafford. That guy went way down this season. However I think I did better about the snap decisions this season than in previous ones but the other stuff is dead on. Signing Flips as a coach was another bad mistake, lol.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

FXBlade

I have just gone to look at the schedule so I can answer the last question in my press conference and came across this.  Is this the right copy?  its the one Ian has posted in the results thread

QuoteWeek 6

Boston vs. Roswell
Kentucky vs. Las Vegas
Mississippi vs. Wyoming
Puerto Rico vs. Boise
Tampa Bay vs. Hollywood
Anchorage vs. Virginia
Seattle vs. Texas
Pittsburgh vs. Montana

Wyoming vs. Boston
Roswell vs. Kentucky
Boise vs. Mississippi
Hollywood vs. Puerto Rico
Roswell vs. Tampa Bay
Virginia vs. Seattle
Texas vs. Montana
Pittsburgh vs. Anchorage

Roswell have 2 games in week 2, and Vegas have none.

Also, Vegas played Kentucky on week 4, surely they shouldnt be playing again?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

This was the copy of the schedule I was sent. We SERIOUSLY need to get on top of this. I need some help here because I can't do everything for the league myself, hence why when the schedule was volunteered by someone I defaulted to them.

I suggest we work out who has played each other so far and go from there. Obviously the major thing is if you've played a team once at home you need to play them away as well.

Next season I suggest we limit the teams to playing inter-conference games with 2 weeks were they play teams from the other conference.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jennifer

I have played - assuming the order on the PDF reads home team vs away team:

Aliens (W) (Away)
Aces (W) (Home)
Stars (W) (Away)
Toppers (W) (Home)
Glaciers (W) (Away)
Bears (W) (Home)
Colonials (E) (Away)
Stallions (E) (Home)
Waves (E) (Away)
Hayseeds (E) (Home)

I'm set to play Mississippi and Boston this week, neither of which I've played yet, so for me at least it seems accurate.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Hondo

If you need help with anything league related, I can offer some assistance.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

GM Franchise

The interleague schedule is a mess. I'll see what I can do. I believe the only issues are with Roswell and Vegas. Think every other team is good to go.

GM Franchise

The only issue seems to be weeks 6 and 7. Actually week 6 is good now but week 7 will have to be reworked. Not everything just a few of the games. Working on that now.

Week 6

Boston vs. Roswell
Kentucky vs. Las Vegas
Mississippi vs. Wyoming
Puerto Rico vs. Boise
Tampa Bay vs. Hollywood
Anchorage vs. Virginia
Seattle vs. Texas
Pittsburgh vs. Montana

Wyoming vs. Boston
Roswell vs. Kentucky
Boise vs. Mississippi
Las Vegas vs. Tampa Bay
Virginia vs. Seattle
Texas vs. Montana
Pittsburgh vs. Anchorage

Double check that but it should work. I'll check weeks 8-11 too.

GM Franchise

Double check this but this should work. Had to rework week 7 but the games I switched have not happened so it works.

Week 6

Boston vs. Roswell
Kentucky vs. Las Vegas
Mississippi vs. Wyoming
Puerto Rico vs. Boise
Tampa Bay vs. Hollywood
Anchorage vs. Virginia
Seattle vs. Texas
Pittsburgh vs. Montana

Wyoming vs. Boston
Roswell vs. Kentucky
Boise vs. Mississippi
Las Vegas vs. Tampa Bay
Virginia vs. Seattle
Texas vs. Montana
Pittsburgh vs. Anchorage

Week 7

Seattle vs. Puerto Rico
Kentucky vs. Montana
Anchorage vs. Boston
Pittsburgh vs. Boise
Las Vegas vs. Mississippi
Tampa Bay vs. Wyoming
Texas vs. Roswell
Virginia vs. Hollywood

Boston vs. Las Vegas
Wyoming vs. Kentucky
Mississippi vs. Seattle
Boise vs. Pittsburgh
Montana vs. Puerto Rico
Tampa Bay vs. Anchorage
Hollywood vs. Texas
Roswell vs. Virginia

FXBlade

I already played Kentucky in week 4.

Were in different conferences so don't see why I would play them twice?

GM Franchise

Which eastern teams have you not played?

FXBlade

I have played

Kentucky
Virginia
Texas
Puerto Rico

GM Franchise

Got it. Going to fix week 6. Week 7 is good to go now. Will make it work.

Ty

I think James should take the u8 fat camp kids coach job. That way, he can focus on helping Ian for a season and, assuming fitch is done, we get two fresh gms. Next open team, James can take after that