News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Been battling a touch of head cold this afternoon, so I haven't given it a proper look. I'll give it a glance in the morning, but everyone else says it's fine, so I'm sure it is.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ty

I need more Boise and Roswell games, I dont play them enough

(twas a bad joke, looks fine though I dont really care how the season looks tbh. Its fun even if its not 100% perfect)

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on October 23, 2012, 07:56:41 PM
I'd like to see the following if we can do it. Everyone plays a home and away game with the people in their division.

They also play a one home game and one away game with a team outside their division.

To many games a season will burn me out in making it and this should be able to manage in future. Can you also PM me the new schedule for this season since you made the changes.

Thanks mate
Ian

Will do. For next season how many weeks do you want it? This season is 11 but what messed everything up was the interleague play being multiple weeks.

I can do that easily for next season's schedule if you want. Will send the PM ASAP.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

That'll increase the game to 30 games....15 weeks.

GM Franchise

Unless we cut out the interleague alltogether or make it one-two weeks maximum.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

Quote from: GM Franchise on October 24, 2012, 06:31:16 PM
Unless we cut out the interleague alltogether or make it one-two weeks maximum.

I think Ian's idea was one home game and one away for the interleague play.

So, using my own team as an example, I'd just play one week at home against Kentucky, one away at Mississippi. At least that's the idea I got, so it's just reduced stress on the scheduling and less weeks to worry about.

GM Franchise

I hope that is the idea. Would make things much easier scheduling wise.

Cory

I kinda got a suggestion of sorts for the game.

Its obvious the its running slower than usual and completely understanding seeing as how running this game is very time consuming and I personally dont know how Ian does it. But we're currently getting around an update a day, to where as back in the summer when there was more free time we could usually rattle off 4-5 things a day at least.

So my suggestion would be if we could find a way to "list" the things we'd want to discuss and Ian to get to them while hes updating. Say like set a maximum of three discussions or "moves" so it wont take forever to update, but it could help the game if anyone else agrees. An example would be for my time.

1. I'd like to talk with head coach Sui about the teams performance.
2. I'd like to speak with Sparky Weasel about his turnovers.
3. I'd like to add 250k to Malik Georges PR.

Something like that. I donno, im fine with this pace as I'm in school and working 30 hours a week, but just figured id suggest it if it would work with everyone and with Ian.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I have made the call that it will be interplay for the league. So East coast teams will only play East coast until the Championships. I hope this can develop an East Coast/West Coast rivalry. It makes it easier on me and that means its a 14 game schedule.

Maybe we can also look at All-Star teams next season as well.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Hondo

Interesting concept on league play, lending more to Major League Baseball than the NBA. I like it. The ONLY issue I could see from this would be if one league is stronger than the other. If there are, for example, two good teams in the east and five good teams in the west, when playoff time rolls around and the fifth best team in the west misses the playoffs despite being better than the third place team in the east. But that's only a minor quabble, so I'm in favor.

As far as All-Star teams go, I like the idea. I'd even take it a bit further and have an "All-Star Weekend" of sorts. Of course there's no real way to have dunk competitions and three point contests in a simulated league such as ours. So most of this would have to be done "General News" style.

I know the burden of running this game is a tough one, so if you need assistance with any All-Star Weekend items, I'll lend my services. Feel like I need to give back to the game somehow, since I've enjoyed it so much.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

J-Reb

Quote from: JackHondo on October 31, 2012, 08:10:49 AM
Interesting concept on league play, lending more to Major League Baseball than the NBA. I like it. The ONLY issue I could see from this would be if one league is stronger than the other. If there are, for example, two good teams in the east and five good teams in the west, when playoff time rolls around and the fifth best team in the west misses the playoffs despite being better than the third place team in the east. But that's only a minor quabble, so I'm in favor.

As far as All-Star teams go, I like the idea. I'd even take it a bit further and have an "All-Star Weekend" of sorts. Of course there's no real way to have dunk competitions and three point contests in a simulated league such as ours. So most of this would have to be done "General News" style.

I know the burden of running this game is a tough one, so if you need assistance with any All-Star Weekend items, I'll lend my services. Feel like I need to give back to the game somehow, since I've enjoyed it so much.

The leagues will balance themselves out. It's always cyclical - the East may be better one year but with the type of changes that Ian likes to throw in there to keep it interesting should make up for it. The league is essentially going to reboot with this Nigel Falls amendment anyway.

Jennifer

I like inter-league stuff, particularly as is said one conference has always been a bit weaker than the other one (and I feel I've built a couple of informal rivals in the East that I'm far less likely to run across now). That having been said... I understand the logic behind keeping it just to our own conferences and I think it's fair enough in terms of reducing your workload, Ian. I'm sure it'll work out fine.

I don't know what all star games are. Help a basketball noob out?

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Hondo

Quote from: Jennifer on October 31, 2012, 09:35:01 AM
I don't know what all star games are. Help a basketball noob out?

Basically, the fans vote for who they think are the best players from each conference. Those players will then play against the other conference to see which conference wins. So it's more or less the best of the best playing a game.

In the NBA, All-Star Weekend has a lot of other contests, like the three-point shooting contest, the slam dunk contest and the rookies vs. sophomores game. Things like that.

Jennifer

Sounds neat. Thanks for the explanation Hondage.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Quote from: JackHondo on October 31, 2012, 09:47:55 AM
Basically, the fans vote for who they think are the best players from each conference. Those players will then play against the other conference to see which conference wins. So it's more or less the best of the best playing a game.

In the NBA, All-Star Weekend has a lot of other contests, like the three-point shooting contest, the slam dunk contest and the rookies vs. sophomores game. Things like that.

I suggested awhile back but glad to see it finally happening.