News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

After this trade I'll have had 4 of the 5 top draft picks from the Class of 08. Now I just need to get ahold of Blue Reed somehow...;)

Jennifer

I just like how I've drafted top 5 twice and both have been busts of enormous proportions for me. I wish I'd gone with my gut and traded ... I think it was #3 + Mukwaza or #3 + Johnson... or Mukwaza + Johnson for Griffin. That'd have worked.

I suck at drafting. Seriously, if I still have Free next year that'll be the longest any draftee has been with me, and tbh he's probably going to wind up in Spain by the looks of things.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

I've been all over the place drafting. Drafted top level guys like Bennett but also drafted some busts as well. Been about 50/50.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

You've drafted good players, and then ruined them

Jennifer

Quote from: T-Virus on November 11, 2012, 02:01:14 PM
You've drafted good players, and then ruined them

Zing!

This Anchorage situation is unreal. Benching their best player? Chart is clearly not a man manager.

Seriously though, Franchise? 6 million is an insane contract. That's more than any coach other than Chart (whose deal was equally ridiculous). They might be unproven, but I'd have a look at one of the college guys rather than pay somebody relatively untested that much. I mean, Jin Sui was a national coach too and he's hardly exceptional. The college coaches can't ALL be ragingly homosexual or crazy homeless guys.

...Only in FBL would that sentence make perfect sense.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Not all of them. Richards, Bennett, Rivers, and Peters have all turned out pretty good.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jennifer on November 11, 2012, 02:04:41 PM
Seriously though, Franchise? 6 million is an insane contract. That's more than any coach other than Chart (whose deal was equally ridiculous). They might be unproven, but I'd have a look at one of the college guys rather than pay somebody relatively untested that much. I mean, Jin Sui was a national coach too and he's hardly exceptional. The college coaches can't ALL be ragingly homosexual or crazy homeless guys.

...Only in FBL would that sentence make perfect sense.

That is what I'm likely going to do. Marcelo I thought would be good but probably not. I think Coco Flames will end up coaching Roswell. I think I'll end up with the college guys and Roswell will have Chemaneckov and Flames.

GM Franchise

Quote from: T-Virus on November 11, 2012, 02:08:18 PM
....on other teams...

Not true. Sean Rivers last season. Also Bennett and Richards had solid years for me season six. Peters was averaging over 10 points a game for me as well. Just saying.

T-Bonizzle

And with that, Bennett's time as a Glacier comes to a close

GM Franchise

Bennett is too moody. That's his biggest issue.

J-Reb

Quote from: GM Franchise on November 11, 2012, 01:28:10 PM
Wasn't Simon Frame the guy that walked into the door and got a concussion? lol

I was trying to decide if I wanted Ching Bu or Frame... guessed right.

J-Reb

Quote from: T-Virus on November 11, 2012, 01:42:50 PM
After this trade I'll have had 4 of the 5 top draft picks from the Class of 08. Now I just need to get ahold of Blue Reed somehow...;)

Keep dreaming... :)

Jennifer

It depends.

He got ticked off with Seattle because you encouraged the team to start fights and then praised James Cross for getting into a scuffle with JJ Rogers, and he didn't want to be a part of that.

He got ticked off with Texas because of the fallout from Nestgate (Chart's departure), which was probably one of the biggest FBL snafus to date.

I... don't necessarily think that's being moody. I still think there's more to the Shack/Bennett thing that hasn't been uncovered, particularly bearing in mind Strike made the move for Shack before the kind've timeframe given on Inside FBL

GM Franchise

Yeah but if Bennett wanted the team to get better then wouldn't he want Shack on his team even with not getting along with him? Team first mentality is what he needs. He seems to have a problem with management more than anything.