News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Jennifer on November 17, 2012, 12:04:46 PM
Ian, in terms of the NFCC, is it possible people will exercise it by saying "I would like more money, I am using the NFCC, such that you either give me more money, or I walk out?" - or is it literally only a case of people will either go or they will stay? (and hence it's in our best interests to offer improved deals before the NFCC goes through)

If the deal doesn't work for them I'd imagine they would use the move. Then again the quicker you lock in the less chance someone will use the move if you fuck up the negoiations. You will get a list of those departing. They will go...as stated the PR person will be advised by you people you want to NFCC. After that people cant use the clause anymore once the FA is finalized.

So...do you gamble by too many conversations...or not....and if you dont gamble...will someone have decided to leave anyways?
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Jennifer on November 17, 2012, 12:04:46 PM
Ian, in terms of the NFCC, is it possible people will exercise it by saying "I would like more money, I am using the NFCC, such that you either give me more money, or I walk out?" - or is it literally only a case of people will either go or they will stay? (and hence it's in our best interests to offer improved deals before the NFCC goes through)

If the deal doesn't work for them I'd imagine they would use the move. Then again the quicker you lock in the less chance someone will use the move if you fuck up the negoiations. You will get a list of those departing. They will go...as stated the PR person will be advised by you people you want to NFCC. After that people cant use the clause anymore once the FA is finalized.

So...do you gamble by too many conversations...or not....and if you dont gamble...will someone have decided to leave anyways?

GM Franchise

I think there's going to be a lot of players wanting more cash this season.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Quote from: GM Franchise on November 17, 2012, 12:24:24 PM
I think there's going to be a lot of players wanting more cash this season.

Aint that the truth.

Jennifer

Quote from: Trumpers on November 17, 2012, 12:24:13 PM

Got it.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

T-Bonizzle

I don't quite understand. Say Billy Bob wants to leave...do I have an opportunity to try and convince him to stay after I discover he wants to leave?

Ty

if I lock in, do I still have to wait to go after free agents?

GM Franchise

Quote from: GM TyTy on November 17, 2012, 12:25:47 PM
Aint that the truth.

I think we may need a PR increase at this rate too because you know there's going to be guys out there that want PR to go with their big contracts.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: T-Virus on November 17, 2012, 12:28:53 PM
I don't quite understand. Say Billy Bob wants to leave...do I have an opportunity to try and convince him to stay after I discover he wants to leave?

Nope...hence it's a gamble. You are inviting in players to discuss their futures with those players and their agents KNOWING a new deal has gone into play with more cap room. So think about it...are most of them going to be like 'yes I love my deal'...probably not unless they really like the team or love their deal.

So your choice is simple...you bring them into talk...a good percentage will want a new deal, but at a cost to you. Some will leave the team, because of this NFCC rule, but that ultimately depends on how well you have GM'd them and the team or how well your reputation sits with them.

Welcome to life...pull up a seat :)

Ty

I just paid 6 million to have Amos tell me someone is tall, a board crasher might be able to get rebounds, and that life is hard on the street for high schoolers. And he didn't even give me reports on the right people lol

Nobody ever hire Amos again

GM Franchise

I paid 6 million for my team doctor to tell me all of the guys I scouted had no health issues, lol.

Domingo

Cappy's info was pretty good.

jagilki

I'm hunting over the weekend, combined with my internet being real wonky this weekend.  I've tried sending this message two or three times, hope I'm not holding things up?

jagilki

EBWOP, we're not camping out to hunt, going from home.  I'll be back sometime tonight.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Pete is going to have to bow out the game so we are looking for a new GM to come in. It has to be someone who is going to put in the time and particpate in the game.

Shame to lose Pete, but his offline activities have picked up and he has gracefully asked to be replaced. Top bloke and we wish him all the best.

So...Vegas will lock in for now. Get the word out there.