News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domingo

Okay, so what happens when James runs out of teams willing to work with him? Players are already hesitant to sign for him, and coaches didn't seem eager to go there. Can he eventually get to a point where he has to hang up his hat and become a spectator?

Jon

Quote from: domingo on November 27, 2012, 03:40:39 PM
Okay, so what happens when James runs out of teams willing to work with him? Players are already hesitant to sign for him, and coaches didn't seem eager to go there. Can he eventually get to a point where he has to hang up his hat and become a spectator?

FBL wouldn't be the same without James. Let's hope it never comes down to that.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Pretty much yes. I have to draw the line somewhere I think with someone not being very good at the game and everything I am doing I am trying to be somewhat objective. I recognize a lot of the players/coaches talk to him like shit, but then again he hasnt proven himself as a GM still...only a horrible one with bad decision making. It wasn't something I'd have anticipated that someone would make so many bad decisions and not really learn from it and I like James' enthusiasm (as well as being a nice chap) so it's a tough call, but one I hope I dont have to make.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on November 27, 2012, 03:46:58 PM
Pretty much yes. I have to draw the line somewhere I think with someone not being very good at the game and everything I am doing I am trying to be somewhat objective. I recognize a lot of the players/coaches talk to him like shit, but then again he hasnt proven himself as a GM still...only a horrible one with bad decision making. It wasn't something I'd have anticipated that someone would make so many bad decisions and not really learn from it and I like James' enthusiasm (as well as being a nice chap) so it's a tough call, but one I hope I dont have to make.

I understand that. I'm bad at decision making big time. Although I do think I can salvage Boise. It'll take time and I botched it up pretty good yesterday but it'll work. Just have to keep from getting fired...again.  :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Domingo

My advice, James, is to go with a rookie and sophomore team and let them grow together. Heck, I'd even go as far as getting a head coach new to the game.

Jennifer

Ohhh snap. It's getting feisty with Lights.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Strike

Quote from: domingo on November 27, 2012, 04:09:24 PM
My advice, James, is to go with a rookie and sophomore team and let them grow together. Heck, I'd even go as far as getting a head coach new to the game.

Exactly.

GM Franchise

Quote from: domingo on November 27, 2012, 04:09:24 PM

That is my plan and it's already in motion. As you can tell I'm motivating the rookies and am going to build around those five. Hoping to keep the motivation going all season and keep it going into next season.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

And a shit storm in Vegas.

Jon

I just have to make 0.5 million room. Hardly a shit storm.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Yeah, but that means you have to move pieces of your team around which could potentially affect chemistry and the season.

Justin

Season 10 Predictions:

Eastern Conference Playoff Teams - Colonials, Waves, Steamers, Hayseeds
Western Conference Playoff Teams - Aces, Toppers, Wolves, Anchorage

FBL Finals - Waves/Toppers
Season 10 Champion - Waves

All FBL Team -

Season 10 MVP - Redford Shack
Rookie of the Year - Reed
Defensive Player of the Year - Shakers Lee
Sixth Man of the Year - Djem Maluka

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on November 27, 2012, 04:27:49 PM
Yeah, but that means you have to move pieces of your team around which could potentially affect chemistry and the season.

This is true. This is what led to Boise falling apart last season.

Justin

And it doesn't look quite as easy as he had planned.

Domingo

Season 10 Predictions:

Eastern Conference Playoff Teams - Colonials, Waves, Steamers, Hayseeds
Western Conference Playoff Teams - Toppers, Wolves, Aces, Stars

FBL Finals - Seeds/Toppers
Season 10 Champion - Toppers

Season 10 MVP - Larry Stevens
Rookie of the Year - Reed
Defensive Player of the Year - RONKO!!
Sixth Man of the Year - Flan Bulous