News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Devine wants cross because he does not valve Martin and Rivers very high .

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Domingo

Also, why would TyTy want to trade away his captain? THAT baffles me.

Jennifer

Quote from: domingo on November 28, 2012, 09:28:17 AM
You don't really need Williams though, either. How is his greed, as a fictional character, any different than yours?

Because the incentive is on the Aliens to ship Williams. I am not being greedy, I am looking to upgrade my team. Breaker is an upgrade, Class isn't an upgrade but he's at least a capable replacement for a player who is unhappy and wants to leave. Why would I throw one of my best players - and a guy that my coach literally just told me would be a bad idea to replace as captain, into a deal when I don't need to?

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on November 28, 2012, 09:29:28 AM
It's a game - don't take it so seriously.  :)

I'm not viewing it as anything other than a game, I'm genuinely perplexed.

Quote from: domingo on November 28, 2012, 09:32:50 AM
Also, why would TyTy want to trade away his captain? THAT baffles me.

Because the pre-season Williams sweep-stakes upset him and made him want to leave.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Black Death

Don't blame Jen for trying ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Domingo

Quote from: Jennifer on November 28, 2012, 09:34:05 AM
Because the incentive is on the Aliens to ship Williams. I am not being greedy, I am looking to upgrade my team. Breaker is an upgrade, Class isn't an upgrade but he's at least a capable replacement for a player who is unhappy and wants to leave. Why would I throw one of my best players - and a guy that my coach literally just told me would be a bad idea to replace as captain, into a deal when I don't need to?

I'm not viewing it as anything other than a game, I'm genuinely perplexed.

Because the pre-season Williams sweep-stakes upset him and made him want to leave.

Steven does need to ship Williams, but getting capable players in exchange for a star player doesn't make sense. That's why I didn't like TyTy's offer.

Apollo wants to leave Hollywood?

Domingo

Quote from: Black Death on November 28, 2012, 09:35:32 AM
Don't blame Jen for trying ...

You can't blame Devine for giving his GM genuine advice either. He still wants to field a competitive team that can compete for a playoff spot.

Jennifer

Nobody is offering him star players, though.

Unless you count Vraba (I don't).

I fail to see how a team with an almost entirely C+ line up wouldn't be competitive.

((RE: Apollo. I dunno. TyTy doesn't seem to like him this pre-season))

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Steven

Quote from: Jennifer on November 28, 2012, 09:34:05 AM

It's not like it would hurt your team to give up one of you better players. You're getting Williams in return, so I'm sure it wouldn't ruin anything.

GM Franchise

There's also so some Flan on the free agent market if I'm not mistaken.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jennifer

Quote from: Steven on November 28, 2012, 09:47:06 AM
It's not like it would hurt your team to give up one of you better players. You're getting Williams in return, so I'm sure it wouldn't ruin anything.

That makes trading for him pointless though. Elaboration in the PM response.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Each coach, player, gm, agent whatever has certain things that make them tick, move and speak with people. Hence why the science of the game stays with Sir Ian, will not be revealed and its up to you as it is in real life to try and understand how certain people work. Ala Final Destination...LOOK OUT FOR THE SIGNS!!!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Domingo

Quote from: Trumpers on November 28, 2012, 09:54:41 AM
Each coach, player, gm, agent whatever has certain things that make them tick, move and speak with people. Hence why the science of the game stays with Sir Ian, will not be revealed and its up to you as it is in real life to try and understand how certain people work. Ala Final Destination...LOOK OUT FOR THE SIGNS!!!

;)

T-Bonizzle

None of the teams trying to make a trade needs Williams and two teams will implode if Steven accepts their offer. Don't get so starstruck guys. There is only one team in the running that will actually benefit from this. One team will be meh for this and two teams will implode. I want to see implosions though so I'm not revealing my thoughts on that specifically. The teams in the running should really evaluate what they are trying to do. Just making the offer could set in motion an implosion kinda like Strike did with Shack and Kamil and Steven just did with Williams...

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on November 28, 2012, 09:54:41 AM

The signs are there. I've noticed this with certain players that I used to go after just for the news stories.  :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Domingo