News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 05, 2013, 08:52:38 PM
I know that you guys have just filled out your 3 open slots, so I am SOL.  But, next time you need a GM, give me a holler.

Well technically...as much as it pains me to do this...if there is a genuine interest then I havent had Franchy fired because well...there wasnt enough interest, but realistically he should have been fired as I have said all along.

I certainly don't feel Powers shouldn't play because it costs Franchise his spot in the game, because if anyone wanted to play that would happen, but thats kind of where I am at. I have to play this game as the moderator as realistic as I can do and nobody would keep a GM on who hasnt won a game in 2 seasons and all the other stuff which has happend...

Mike the choice is yours. If you wanna play you can do.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Mike Powers

Damn, this is like Sophies Choice, LOL. 

The way I feel is this: Yes, a real life GM would get fired under these circumstances, but this is not real life, it is a game which is meant to be fun.  And in all honesty, it wouldn't be fun for me if I knew that I ousted someone I view as a friend, when they really wanted to stay. 

So, I guess what I am saying is, I wanna hear what James has to say, before I make a decision.

GM Franchise

Thank for that Powers. :)

Well I can see why I'm the chopping block. I've managed to find new ways to screw up every season every season especially this curent season. However I would be interested to see if I can turn around one of my teams after a bad season. Didn't get a chance to turn things around in Roswell and Boise is an even bigger challenge than that. Considering I'm a big time Clippers fan and they were a disaster when I was growing up but now have turned things around I think it'd be the huge deal if I could turn a team this bad around over a few seasons. I mean that (turning the Spuds around) would be the biggest challenge of all in this game going by how bad the team is right now.

No matter what Powers chooses to do I'm fine with it. Maybe run a small Spanish team or something before coming back to run the San Quentin Showerpals in Season 13. :D

Thanks for the opportunity to let me say something before deciding, Powers. +1 for that. :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 05, 2013, 10:48:10 PM
Thank for that Powers. :)

Well I can see why I'm the chopping block. I've managed to find new ways to screw up every season every season especially this curent season. However I would be interested to see if I can turn around one of my teams after a bad season. Didn't get a chance to turn things around in Roswell and Boise is an even bigger challenge than that. Considering I'm a big time Clippers fan and they were a disaster when I was growing up but now have turned things around I think it'd be the huge deal if I could turn a team this bad around over a few seasons. I mean that (turning the Spuds around) would be the biggest challenge of all in this game going by how bad the team is right now.

No matter what Powers chooses to do I'm fine with it. Maybe run a small Spanish team or something before coming back to run the San Quentin Showerpals in Season 13. :D

Thanks for the opportunity to let me say something before deciding, Powers. +1 for that. :)

The Clippers got rid of Elgin Baylor and Mike Dunleavy before they found Neal Oshney ... who they then got rid of.  Bad Example bro. But +1 for being a Clipper fan before the winning started!

T-Bonizzle

Maybe you should give Boise to Powers and apply at San Quentin.

GM Franchise

Quote from: MaskedLuchaLibre on January 05, 2013, 11:30:23 PM
The Clippers got rid of Elgin Baylor and Mike Dunleavy before they found Neal Oshney ... who they then got rid of.  Bad Example bro. But +1 for being a Clipper fan before the winning started!

I'm talking modern Clippers before they got Blake. The Spuds are very similar. They won a playoff series and have been on the downturn since. Clippers pre-Blake, pre-CP3 are very similar.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Mike, should you take over the spuds, James isn't gone forever. He will forever be part of league in some aspect. Maybe he might take over inside the fbl

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 05, 2013, 11:36:34 PM
I'm talking modern Clippers before they got Blake. The Spuds are very similar. They won a playoff series and have been on the downturn since. Clippers pre-Blake, pre-CP3 are very similar.

You mean Elton Brand, Corey Maggette and the well he was real promising till he tore his leg off Shaun Livingstone?  Eesh

Mike Powers

The way I see it, I could have avoided all of this by just checking this out a week or so ago when there were openings for the expansion teams. It's obvious that James really enjoys doing this, and I don't want to be the one to push him out. I am content sitting out this season and picking up the next available GM slot.

Also, this give me a chance to follow along and get a feel for how it works before playing. Ian I appreciate  you allowing me this decision but as I said I think I'd rather wait for the next opening.

GM Franchise

Quote from: MaskedLuchaLibre on January 05, 2013, 11:38:29 PM
You mean Elton Brand, Corey Maggette and the well he was real promising till he tore his leg off Shaun Livingstone?  Eesh

Yeah. Spuds had Redford Shack, Flan Bulous, Bamba Smalls, and Chris Jones. Then came the Falls ordeal and the team only won one game last season and this season...well...  :P

Ty

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 05, 2013, 11:39:04 PM
The way I see it, I could have avoided all of this by just checking this out a week or so ago when there were openings for the expansion teams. It's obvious that James really enjoys doing this, and I don't want to be the one to push him out. I am content sitting out this season and picking up the next available GM slot.

Also, this give me a chance to follow along and get a feel for how it works before playing. Ian I appreciate  you allowing me this decision but as I said I think I'd rather wait for the next opening.

Mike, it honestly might be best for James to step back and figure things out. He needs a break from game imo. He's awesome to play with, what if you both play. You become gm, he helps you out

¿PapaPancho?

Mike's just too nice.  I should let him take my spot and I'll get Franchise out.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 05, 2013, 11:39:04 PM

+1

I enjoy this a lot. I'm just a bad decision maker. For following along check out the General News feed, the team threads, and the Results threads both here and in the Archives section of the FBL forum.

Ty

Quote from: MaskedLuchaLibre on January 05, 2013, 11:48:15 PM
Mike's just too nice.  I should let him take my spot and I'll get Franchise out.

I agree. James can do stats too maybe? Run an article about whos up and whos slump

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on January 05, 2013, 11:50:48 PM
I agree. James can do stats too maybe? Run an article about whos up and whos slump

Plus I'm a magnet for finding shit players so I should have a wealth of knowledge about who to avoid. :D