News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

In regards to the whole Powers/Franchise thing, I think I have put Mike in a shitty position now.

Franchise, you deserve to be fired from the Spuds plain and simple. Going to put the big boy pants on here now. If there is an interest of another GM joining the game then you wouldnt be hired by another team right now based on that.

Sorry, but it is what it is, or it loses all sense of realism if we feel sorry enough to keep a guy in the game then whats the point of firings and hirings, you have nothing to aspire for.

You will go away and GM an unknown team in Spain where you will in 'FBL eyes' gain back a little credibility.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jon

Coach Moses Franks follows GM Franchise... LMAO.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ty

Well, if someone paid me 3.5 million too much for 3 seasons too many, id follow them too

Jon

Oh, and welcome Powers!

Mike Powers

Well, seeing as its been taken out of my hands......glad to be aboard. Sorry James, not at all how I wanted it bro.

What do I need to be doing now?

Jon

Start looking at who you want to draft.

Don't listen to the other GM's who want to trade you players for your draft picks. Keep them. Unless of course they are trading you a star player for them.

Look at the Season 10 Results thread and start looking at some of the released players stats. Keep an eye out on who you'd like to pursue when the offseason comes around.

Look at the draft prospects, figure out how much money you have to scout (ask Franchise or Ian) and begin making a draft board of sorts.

Get familiar with how the game is played. Watch good GM's and see how they approach questions and situations. Ask questions. You guys (new peeps) have it a little better then when I joined. You have time to get your questions answered and ease your way into it. I joined right as free agent signing opened up... I was so lost, haha.

Start from the beggining of the Boise thread and read. Learn it's history... what not to do, etc.

Rob

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 06, 2013, 12:48:34 PM
Well, seeing as its been taken out of my hands......glad to be aboard. Sorry James, not at all how I wanted it bro.

What do I need to be doing now?

You can start by sending me your votes for the wrestling draft
SixersEagles

[/center]

Mike Powers

Quote from: Not Rob on January 06, 2013, 12:54:55 PM
You can start by sending me your votes for the wrestling draft

You'll have them today Mom.

Rob

I want them yesterday Michael.
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

It is what it is. Kinda figured it would happen but maybe sitting on the sidelines is for the best. Good luck with Boise, Powers. :)

Also Ian you forgot Massimo in the Boise thread.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Mike, I made list of released players in this thread a page ago. Pm with James about it, his decision making hasn't been the greatest but his knowledge on the game is invaluable. After you've read a season of What dorling did, have James go over said list with you. Figure out a plan with him. The players I didnt attach grades to are the d rank players, I'm not good enough to fill you in on which have potential or not, i focused that list on What was graded high and red flags only. But again, a team of well used c players in theory beats a team of mis used b players.

Strike

Also, Dorling, if anything, I'll take care of doing the Providence and Honolulu jerseys today, so don't worry about that.

Strike

Dorling

Quote from: Chris Strike on January 06, 2013, 03:01:53 PM
Also, Dorling, if anything, I'll take care of doing the Providence and Honolulu jerseys today, so don't worry about that.

Already sent to Ian. Boom.

Mike Powers

Thanks for the info Ty. Much appreciated.

Where are the results of the games? I see mention of the Spuds only scoring 12 points in a ame, but ant find the actual game.....