News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: T-Dungeon Master on January 25, 2013, 12:13:06 PM
There is a reason for this, and that's because in the East overall the SF position is stronger than the PF position. So when Foster was playing SF he was matched up against guys like Mutu Mukwaza, Scott Fletcher, Dave Johnson...and when he was PF he was matched up against such big names like...Sabba....Cook....

Ah, that makes sense. I think Foster is one of those guys that it depends on the match up for what position to play him in.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Leighton Lee PG 9m
__________ SG
Reggie Jones SF __
Yanni Gillsokanis PF 5.5m
Blue Reed C 9m

Bobby Band PG 3m
Zizac Rekov PF/C 500k
Randy Ferndale SG/SF 2m

I still got 16m cap tho no idea what Reggie will cost me but I think he'll be the top scorer from the draft outside of Cunnigham. I looked at 4 different reports and seemed legit. Give Yani some fitness training this offseason so he can jump from 6th man to starter. Like my FA pick ups for my bench too. Rekov was gettig like 12-14pts a game for Jag off the bench for 500k and Ferndale was getting 8-12 a game for Boise.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ty

SF is just an overall deeper role in this game than PF....

Lots of good centres available, not a lot of good PFs to go around. We have the Redfords and the Williams at C but not a lot of Bennetts

Domingo

James, in your advice to Justin, he would need more than just another PF. He needs a SF too.

GM Franchise

Quote from: domingoTFWF on January 25, 2013, 12:32:15 PM
James, in your advice to Justin, he would need more than just another PF. He needs a SF too.

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 25, 2013, 12:03:28 PM
Rattle not playing is a big loss but I think you'll go deep in the playoffs. Filling out your roster with the right guys will be the key to this season. You definitely need a SF and a third PF/C or PF to fill out your big man rotation.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on January 25, 2013, 12:24:23 PM
Leighton Lee PG 9m
__________ SG
Reggie Jones SF __
Yanni Gillsokanis PF 5.5m
Blue Reed C 9m

Bobby Band PG 3m
Zizac Rekov PF/C 500k
Randy Ferndale SG/SF 2m

I still got 16m cap tho no idea what Reggie will cost me but I think he'll be the top scorer from the draft outside of Cunnigham. I looked at 4 different reports and seemed legit. Give Yani some fitness training this offseason so he can jump from 6th man to starter. Like my FA pick ups for my bench too. Rekov was gettig like 12-14pts a game for Jag off the bench for 500k and Ferndale was getting 8-12 a game for Boise.

This is another good roster. I recommended Rekov to someone before the Free Agent Frenzy and Ferndale was one of my only three good players last season. Solid roster.

Ty

Does anyone have a team you dont like James/

Justin

I just won the championship...I think I will take heed to my own advice.  ;D

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on January 25, 2013, 12:41:28 PM
Does anyone have a team you dont like James/

Not yet but I'll say so if I don't like a team.

J-Reb

My roster at-the-moment:

PG Tiny Scott 2 years/$2m
SG Larry Hardaway 1 year/$2m
SF Greg Walton 3 years/$7.5m
PF Chris Jones 1 year/$6m
C Ty Williams 4/$14m

SG/SF Paul Wheeter 1 year/$3m

Total salary - $34.5m

A work in progress.

Justin

But I do need a SF and PF.

Ty

Dorling

James, your logic seems fairly sound - how were you unable to ever apply this to your own team?!

Ty

Quote from: Dorling on January 25, 2013, 01:01:59 PM
James, your logic seems fairly sound - how were you unable to ever apply this to your own team?!

+1

Dorling

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on January 25, 2013, 12:12:10 PM
Chris Daughtery - 4,500,000

You probably want to get his name right.

Mark Daugherty.