News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on January 30, 2013, 05:13:28 PM
Yeah, if CoCo leaves, Shack goes with her, IMO.

He didn't leave last time...also, like I said, if the ARE together I've basically said I don't have a problem with it, so she'd have no beef. Shack ain't going anywhere.

Black Death

Quote from: jagilki on January 30, 2013, 05:21:51 PM
Remember it's the FBL, where not just this bitches be crazy, but everybody be crazy.

Yep
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

Quote from: Dorling on January 30, 2013, 05:24:30 PM
He didn't leave last time...also, like I said, if the ARE together I've basically said I don't have a problem with it, so she'd have no beef. Shack ain't going anywhere.

No, he opted out of his contract after the season was over and was the catalyst in the Falls Clause going into effect.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Mike Flips, FBL's first ever F ranked coach. Cory will be taking a 3 year, 500k penalty eh

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on January 30, 2013, 05:37:14 PM
Mike Flips, FBL's first ever F ranked coach. Cory will be taking a 3 year, 500k penalty eh

He's been an F rated coach for awhile, lol.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Rob

I'll take Shack when he starts crying after Coco leaves, it's okay, problem solved.
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

Quote from: Not Rob on January 30, 2013, 05:49:35 PM
I'll take Shack when he starts crying after Coco leaves, it's okay, problem solved.

Shack only likes big market teams like Hollywood, Vegas, Boston, and Seattle. Just hope Providence is on his list since it's always specific about what teams are the frontrunners for him in the General News.

Dorling

He's not going anywhere.

Ty

Ill trade you Amos for him

Cory

Lol, I had to sign him. NO ONE else would. Rekov is retiring at seasons end hopefully I can fire/terminate Flips (worse case I'll have him on lock for 500k) and sign Rekov, a member of Class's Croatia team.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ty

Quote from: Cory on January 30, 2013, 08:28:24 PM
Lol, I had to sign him. NO ONE else would. Rekov is retiring at seasons end hopefully I can fire/terminate Flips (worse case I'll have him on lock for 500k) and sign Rekov, a member of Class's Croatia team.

I feel your pain, Ive received scouting reports from Amos before, he told me a guy was tall :(

GM Franchise

FBL Franchised, Vol. 2 –
Preseason Power Rankings and Random Thoughts:

In this edition of FBL Franchised I'm doing something new. To give the FBL a more real feel I'm doing weekly power rankings much like the ones used in other professional basketball league websites. Also going to be doing a weekly Franchise Player of the Week (one for each conference), weekly Rookie Watch, and weekly Bench Watch about the underrated bench stars of the week as well as weekly team power rankings.

FBL Preseason Power Rankings –
This is how I'm ranking the teams before week one. The General News stories are quite interesting and also were part of this as well as the team sheets. This list will change on a weekly basis. A lot of the reasoning behind the rankings are looking for teams who have guys that put up consistent stat lines as well as the overall team morale and having "newsmakers" on teams lowers the score.. Seeds would be in the top three but Chuckles lowered their ranking. The rest of the guys are good enough to challenge the Aces and Bells for the top two on my list. Waves trade with Texas hurt them which is why they are so low. Colonials picking up known troublemakers Vraba and Cross lowered their score. I think those two will single handedly, unless they have been reformed, cost Virginia. Stars lack of a legit big center hurt them. Toppers took a dive this season. They have too many players who are D rated which is how it was when I was there which is not good for GM Domingo. Anchorage and Boise are dead even with the Stars. I think those three will be fighting for the last playoff spot out West. Wolves, Blades, and Steamers are the three teams that are going to have a rough season this year. Volcanoes too unless they can get this Creed PR situation under control.

1.   Las Vegas Aces
2.   Boston Bells
3.   Texas Stallions
4.   Providence Diamonds
5.   Montana Bears
6.   Kentucky Hayseeds
7.   Roswell Aliens
8.   Virginia Colonials
9.   Puerto Rico Waves
10.   Boise Spuds
11.   Hollywood Stars
12.   Anchorage Glaciers
13.   Seattle Toppers
14.   Tampa Bay Dragons
15.   Honolulu Volcanoes
16.   Wyoming Wolves
17.   Pittsburgh Blades
18.   Mississippi Steamers

Other Random Thoughts...
Guys I want to sign to Tijuana: Felix Johnson, Cheese King, Bamba Smalls, Aaron Paige, and Bobby Joe Rodick as the assistant coach. Bamba is a solid overall player and Rodick is a coach I think has a lot of potential. I like Johnson a lot. Someone needs to give the kid a chance and IF I ever get a team in the league again I'd sign him. Sure he likes the women a lot but he's a player with unlimited potential. Paige is another undervalued guy. He never really had a bad season. I think he'd be a solid contributor on most teams. Cheese King turned down scholarships to go pro. Under the radar guy? I think so. Just my thoughts. Obvious what guys I want down here to fill out my roster here in Tijuana. I get these guys and I see nothing but good coming from it for all involved.

In other news the Volcanoes forgot about Creed Jackson's PR campaign. Don't worry, Honolulu fans. I'm sure he'll be "happy" to be there after this.

I saw this guy on the General News...

Quote from: Trumpers on January 29, 2013, 01:28:37 PM

And I thought to myself "That kinda looks like Champ Martin a little bit." I dunno, they look similar. Hopefully Cunningham lives up to the hype.

Sabba, ice cream is not your friend. Just ask Chuckles. Frankly right now we're taking bets on who has a heart attack during a game first, you or him. Sabba needs to get in shape because he is a liability to the Glaciers team.

This is the list of guys I recommended in the draft just so I can look at my post-season draft record to see how well they did. Mind you these are guys not projected in the top 10:
Swoop McCarthy, Ronnie Stanza, Ben Williams, Bryan Holmes, Chris Poole, Chris Perkins, Andreas Kurtz, Carlos Moreno

This is the list of free agents I recommended to people, just another FYI list to see how they did at the end of the season (although it should be noted that some people were looking for specific positions so I went with the best available at the time):
Greg Walton, Sunshine Stream, Remo, Jose Caballero, Simon Frame, Suziki Hondo
Bonba Elbomu
Bael Giankopolis
Grizla Verenka
Sabba
Zizak Rekov
Ramick Lazco
Jamie Dawson
Cazluc Vraba
Flan Bulous
Jimmy Street
Felix Johnson
Bamba Smalls
Aaron Paige
Eko Kholov
Ching Bu
Craig Gary

Not the best guys to recommend but going by the people left at the time those were the best options. Shocked Felix Johnson, Bamba Smalls, and Aaron Paige didn't get picked up. I'd take all three in a heartbeat if I got a team again. Not kidding. They put up stats lines I like. Expect them in Tijuana soon. I like both of their games a lot. Sabba is the only name I regret recommending but despite his fatness he's still better than Anders Von Hooten.

Before anyone rips on me, let me give you a run down of my original roster in Seattle Season Six: Kamil Bennett, James Cross, D'amore Richards, Sean Rivers, Fan Mu, Sheldon Day, Chase Donald, Chuck Fools, and Coach Vlad Bogolov. Yeah I have an eye for talent.

Funny story. Yesterday after practice Moses Franks asked me why I never bought my woman a watch and I said "Because there's a clock on the stove." He didn't laugh but Geek Andrews laughed so hard he almost had an asthma attack. Speaking of Franks and my time in the FBL hey Mike Flips call me tomorrow. You too Echo Walls. Miss you guys.

That's all for now. Going to drink a Margarita while listening to Margaritaville on my Ipod. Power Rankings and MVP Rankings will be updated weekly on here. Also running Predictions League this season. Get your picks in. I'm sure I'll have more in my next column which will rate the best players in the league. Adios from Tijuana, Mexico. This is GM Franchise signing out.

Jon

Few thoughts...

- You don't really have a team in Tijuana, therefore you can't sign players or trade them, etc.

- Bamba Smalls wasn't signed because of his demand for PR, he's not good enough to have $2 in PR.

- My only guess why Felix wasn't signed was due to the talented draft class.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on January 31, 2013, 12:09:56 AM
Few thoughts...

- You don't really have a team in Tijuana, therefore you can't sign players or trade them, etc.

I'm trying to keep it as in character as possible so I went that route with it. Figured it was logical and would add some character to it.

Cory

Nice touch James. Don't know how much "strenght" is behind your tips, but whatever keeps you busy and involved in all for buddy.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE