News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Birmingham is in Alabama.

A lot of great history in the city in terms of the Civil Rights Movement.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on February 05, 2013, 09:23:58 AM
Hmm... I believe a certain former GM handled a tag-team named the San Diego Seagulls...

Yes, Kate Horton and Charles Scripps. Had a little bit of success with them too.  :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Of all people, I can see Doug E Fresh as the Seagulls GM. I dunno why

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Seeing as the cat is out of the bag these have been on the server for a while now...

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ty

Quote from: Trumpers on February 05, 2013, 09:57:19 AM
Seeing as the cat is out of the bag these have been on the server for a while now...

You see what I mean, Ians logos are much better than the ones I had in mind lol

Looks awesome

J-Reb

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on February 05, 2013, 09:57:05 AM
Of all people, I can see Doug E Fresh as the Seagulls GM. I dunno why

Don't say his name... he's like Beetlejuice.  He'll show up!

I don't need that guy kicking my rear in RPing and the FBL.  :)

Ty

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on February 05, 2013, 10:08:07 AM
Don't say his name... he's like Beetlejuice.  He'll show up!

I don't need that guy kicking my rear in RPing and the FBL.  :)

When he does inevitibly join (he is a big basketball fan if I remember right), we'll put him out west for Dorling to have to contend with :)

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on February 05, 2013, 10:11:33 AM
When he does inevitibly join (he is a big basketball fan if I remember right), we'll put him out west for Dorling to have to contend with :)

No way. Seagulls are mine.  8)

Also I'll update the Predictions League after work and put up the next batch of picks as well.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

You mean cleaning up after the seagulls?

Dorling

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on February 05, 2013, 10:11:33 AM

I have to contend with him every week in SCW so that will be nothing new for me!

GM Franchise

Quote from: Dorling on February 05, 2013, 11:07:05 AM
I have to contend with him every week in SCW so that will be nothing new for me!

You could end up playing him in the Finals if he joins and takes Birmingham.

Excited to hear Inside the FBL after work.

Jennifer

I actually feel like X's no-BS attitude might be something I can work well with.

Does the 'iron lady' finally have the right coach for her style?  :P

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ty

Jenn, right now you have my favorite coaching two-some in the league. Chemancokov is perhaps one of the best assistant coaches to have and X seems to be shaping the team in. Come end of the season, I see you doing quite well

GM Franchise

FBL Franchised, Volume 3 –
San Quentin Blues:

Hello again FBL fans. I'm here at San Quentin preparing for the Showerpals big game against Folsom Prison. Folsom's been talking smack for weeks so I'm here for the big game since Tijuana doesn't play again for a few days. With that said I've caught up on all the FBL action this week, looked over all the stat lines, and listened to Inside the FBL. Now it's time for another edition of Franchised.

Alright to start off this week here's the Unofficial Week 1 FBL Power Rankings:
1.   Las Vegas Aces (2-0)
2.   Virginia Colonials (2-0)
3.   Roswell Aliens (2-0)
4.   Mississippi Steamers (2-0)
5.   Montana Bears (2-0)
6.   Kentucky Hayseeds (1-0)
7.   Puerto Rico Waves (1-1)
8.   Boston Bells (1-1)
9.   Anchorage Glaciers (1-1)
10.   Boise Spuds (1-1)
11.   Tampa Bay Dragons (1-1)
12.   Hollywood Stars (0-1)
13.   Texas Stallions (0-1)
14.   Honolulu Volcanoes (0-1)
15.   Seattle Toppers (0-2)
16.   Providence Diamonds (0-2)
17.   Wyoming Wolves (0-2)
18.   Pittsburgh Blades (0-2)

These rankings are going by win/loss percentage here at the start. Seeds would be 2nd or 3rd overall if they played two games going by how dominant they played against the Bells. Strong, strong team other than the guy who took the hot dog break. Chuckles may be lovable and an inspiring player but I think he'll be a liability at some point. Luckily the other seven guys are top notch players. Steamers are a big surprise. Will it last? We'll see. Aliens are a solid overall team. Aces are looking like championship contenders and Colonials haven't missed a step with GM Jon at the helm. But, much like the Steamers, will it last? Cross and Vraba are X Factors that will determine how far the team goes. Both have histories of behavior issues but one week down and so far both have played well. Glaciers and Spuds are about equal. Glaciers won the head to head so I gave them the advantage there. Ty Williams was the reason the Glaciers won that game and I'm expecting a similar result in the rematch. Tampa Bay, Boston, and Puerto Rico were mixed bags but the Waves and Bells were overall the best out of the three. Going to be a long season for most of the teams without a win. Stallions were the best of the bunch going by week one. Toppers followed by the Volcanoes and Diamonds. Wolves, Blades, and Stars need a lot of work to be competitive.

Franchised Players of the Week:
East –

Troy Marshall (Waves, vs. Dragons): 33 pts, 6 rbs, 4 asts, 2 blks, 1 stl

West –
Redford Shack (Aces, vs. Stars): 37 pts, 13 rbs, 5 blks

Franchise MVP Ladder:
Going to start keeping a MVP ladder starting Week 4. With the Byes I think it'll take four weeks to get the full scope of the FBL MVP Race especially with so many players playing well. Will be looking for consistent stat lines, big plays in the clutch, and overall play in general. Going to be a good season going by how week one went.

Rookie Watch:
Here's my list of top game stats from rookies in Week 1...
Billy Russell (Bears, vs. Volcanoes) – 9 pts, 3 rbs, 3 asts, 1 stl
Creed Jackson (Volcanoes, vs. Bears) – 18 pts, 8 rbs, 1 blk
Jamal Tees (Aliens, vs. Glaciers) – 9 pts, 3 rbs, 5 asts, 1 stl
Danny Rushmore (Aliens, vs. Glaciers) – 9 pts, 3 rbs, 1 ast, 2 blks, 1 stl
Findi Muwama (Aces, vs. Wolves) – 9 pts, 6 rbs, 2 blks
Swoop McCarthy (Wolves, vs. Aces) – 16 pts, 3 rbs
Andreas Kurtz (Wolves, vs. Aces) – 14 pts, 4 rbs, 2 asts
Dennis Reigns (Spuds, vs. Toppers) – 8 pts, 6 rbs, 1 ast, 2 blks, 3 stls
Ronnie Stanza (Spuds, vs. Toppers) – 8 pts, 11 rbs, 2 blks
Chris Flynn (Aliens, vs. Glaciers) – 6 pts, 5 rbs, 1 ast, 2 blks
Ben Williams (Glaciers, vs. Aliens) – 11 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 1 stl
Nick Bliss (Glaciers, vs. Aliens) – 13 pts, 2 rbs, 3 asts, 1 stl
JR Valentine (Stars, vs. Aces) – 14 pts, 1 rb, 6 asts, 1 stl
Findi Muwama (Aces, vs. Stars) – 8 pts, 7 rbs, 3 blks, 2 stl
Billy Russell (Bears, vs. Toppers) – 8 pts, 2 rbs, 4 asts, 1 stl
Swoop McCarthy (Wolves, vs. Aliens) – 15 pts, 3 rbs
Andreas Kurtz (Wolves, vs. Aliens) – 15 pts, 5 rbs, 3 asts
Jamal Tees (Aliens, vs. Wolves) – 12 pts, 2 rbs, 6 asts, 3 stls
Ben Williams (Glaciers, vs. Spuds) – 13 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 2 stls
Nick Bliss (Glaciers, vs. Spuds) – 13 pts, 2 rbs, 4 asts, 2 stls
Dennis Reigns (Spuds, vs. Glaciers) – 10 pts, 6 rbs, 1 blk, 3 stls
Thomas Morgan (Seeds, vs. Bells) 13 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 2 stl
Chris Perkins (Colonials, vs. Diamonds) – 6 pts, 4 rbs, 2 asts, 2 blks, 1 stl
Bobby Chang (Diamonds, vs. Colonials) – 13 pts, 2 rbs, 11 asts, 1 stl
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Colonials) – 28 pts, 2 rbs
Reggie Jones (Dragons, vs. Blades) – 14 pts, 4 rbs
Mack Ryan (Stallions, vs. Steamers) – 8 pts, 10 rbs, 2 blks
Reggie Jones (Dragons, vs. Waves) – 19 pts
Bobby Chang (Diamonds, vs. Bells) – 11 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Bells) – 14 pts, 4 rbs
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Diamonds) – 10 pts, 2 rbs, 3 asts, 3 stls
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Diamonds) – 9 pts, 1 rbs, 5 asts, 1 stl
Jose Caballero (Bells, vs. Diamonds) – 12 pts, 6 rbs, 2 asts, 1 blk
Chris Perkins (Colonials, vs. Blades) – 6 pts, 2 rbs, 2 asts, 2 blks

A lot of good gameplay from the rookies this week. However I must admit I was only planning on doing a top 5 but I'm going to upgrade it to a top 10 just because there's too many rookies playing good. So here's the Franchise Rookie Ladder from Week 1:
1.   Scott Cunningham (Diamonds)
2.   Dennis Reigns (Spuds)
3.   Creed Jackson (Volcanoes)
4.   Reggie Jones (Dragons)
5.   Swoop McCarthy (Wolves)
6.   Andreas Kurtz (Wolves)
7.   Nick Bliss (Glaciers)
8.   Ben Williams (Glaciers)
9.   Jamal Tees (Aliens)
10.   JR Valentine (Stars)

On the bubble: Bobby Chang and Thomas Morgan

Bench Watch:
Here are the best bench stats from week one...
Henry Allan (Bears, vs. Volcanoes) – 10 pts, 2 rbs, 4 asts, 4 stls
Billy Russell (Bears, vs. Volcanoes) – 9 pts, 3 rbs, 3 asts, 1 stl
Flan Bulous (Aces, vs. Wolves) – 10 pts, 2 rbs, 6 asts, 2 stls
Findi Muwama (Aces, vs. Wolves) – 9 pts, 6 rbs, 2 blks
Sunshine Stream (Stars, vs. Aces) – 13 pts, 4 rbs, 7 asts, 1 stl
Flan Bulous (Aces, vs. Stars) – 15 pts, 11 asts, 4 stls
Findi Muwama (Aces, vs. Stars) – 8 pts, 7 rbs, 3 blks, 2 stl
Harry Allan (Bears, vs. Toppers) – 15 pts, 4 asts, 2 stl
Jamal Tees (Aliens, vs. Wolves) – 12 pts, 2 rbs, 6 asts, 3 stls
Mark Daughtery (Steamers, vs. Waves) – 10 pts, 7 rbs
James Cross (Colonials vs. Diamonds) – 12 pts, 5 asts, 1 stl
Zizak Rekov (Dragons, vs. Blades) – 10 pts, 5 rbs, 1 blk
Country Sampson (Blades, vs. Dragons) – 8 pts, 6 rbs, 2 blks
Peaches Lang (Stallions, vs. Steamers) – 8 pts, 3 rbs, 3 asts, 2 stls
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Diamonds) – 10 pts, 2 rbs, 3 asts, 3 stls
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Diamonds) – 9 pts, 1 rbs, 5 asts, 1 stl
Jose Caballero (Bells, vs. Diamonds) – 12 pts, 6 rbs, 2 asts, 1 blk
Country Sampson (Blades, vs. Colonials) – 9 pts, 8 rbs
James Cross (Colonials, vs. Blades) – 9 pts, 6 asts, 2 stls

Going to do a Top 5 Sixth Man Ladder list too. Here it is:
1.   Flan Bulous (Aces)
2.   Harry Allan (Bears)
3.   Sunshine Stream (Stars)
4.   Jamal Tees (Aliens)
5.   James Cross (Colonials)

Random Thoughts...

Interesting batch of results this week. Steamers are the big surprise of the week. After all the preseason chaos there in Mississippi they are 2-0. They are still a powder keg waiting to explode but were a fun team to watch this week.

Carlos Moreno is a bit of a week 1 bust. I was honestly expecting more. Luckily for the Dragons Reggie Jones came to play. That guy is going to be big time.

Dennis Reigns is a bad boy. This guy is the next top level defensive maestro in the FBL. I think he already should be in the running for Defensive Player of the Year for his week one play alone.

Stars need to draft a Center or get one from free agency this offseason. Their big man problems are going to be their undoing.

Las Vegas Aces lived up to the hype. GM Dorling has a team that can make a run for the championship and Flan Bulous is back and better than ever.

Seeds have a monster team. Chuckles Tree shouldn't be a factor...but if he does become a factor I think they can make a run with seven guys.

Williams and Bliss are going to be the next big backcourt in the FBL if they are developed over time. Really liking what the Glaciers are doing with their rookie tandem. Could be the best rookie backcourt since Cross, Richards, and Rivers for Seattle Season Six.

Speaking of James Cross I think the Colonials will do good with him. I've said before Vraba is the one they need to worry about. I think he's more of a wild card than Cross in my opinion.

Jimmy Street getting a contract extension will work short term for the Steamers. Long term? We'll see but if he goes back to his old habits then it's going to be an eventful season in Mississippi.

Going to be a long season in Pittsburgh. The Blades need to find some scoring and fast. Nothing is clicking, Dre Majors is already a handful, and Coach Stambola is running out of answers. This team is like Boise last season but with more scoring.

Cedric Malone is the catalyst on the Bears. How he handles himself will determine a lot for Montana. He was a big piece of their Western Conference Championship team. I think how he is handled will determine how far the Bears go this season. His scoring last season was a big part of the Bears success. He did average 11.5 points a game over the first two games but I think he can do a little better than that as the season progresses.

And lastly the big news...not one but TWO new expansion teams are coming to the FBL next season. One in Birmingham, Alabama and one in San Diego, California. The teams names will be the Birmingham Green Hornets and the San Diego Seagulls. Knowing full well that my responsibilities running the Tijuana Bullfighters and the San Quentin Showerpals are both on the west coast as well as my frequent visits to La Jolla during FBL offseasons it's obvious where I'm looking at. However I'm going to but that on the backburner because both Tijuana and San Quentin have some big games this week that I need to focus on. We got a shot at the prison league playoffs and Tijuana is already in the midseason here in Mexico since our schedule is different than the FBL. MBL All Star Weekend is next weekend. Hoping one or two of my guys makes it.

That's all for now. Check back next week for the next stat batches and unofficial rankings. FBL Pick'ems will be updated later tonight. Good night from San Quentin. And remember, the Closeness Brothers are watching you...always.

(OOC: Here's where I got the ideas for all of this –
http://www.nba.com/ - Inside NBA.com section at the bottom

http://espn.go.com/nba/ - ESPN.com NBA section with rankings, rumors, True Hoop, and Daily Dime

Going for the realistic approach. Next article coming after the next batch of games.)

Mike Powers

Can't wait to hear Vlad's response to being given the okay to play Russian Roulette, lol.