News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

How Ty has managed to get the Steamers to 3-0, especially with his issues just before the season, I'll never know.

Strike

Quote from: Mike "I Have The" Powers on February 10, 2013, 03:40:41 PM
How Ty has managed to get the Steamers to 3-0, especially with his issues just before the season, I'll never know.

Street and Krease seem to be a good 1-2 punch, Bolak is a defensive maestro and the other guys do play their roles.

I mean, the Tampa game was a landslide but the first two against Justin and I were close bouts. As long as Ty doesn't rock the boat much over the course of the season, I can definitely see him competing for a playoff spot.

Domingo

Thanks chris that link worked out fine.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Chris Strike on February 10, 2013, 03:52:40 PM
Street and Krease seem to be a good 1-2 punch, Bolak is a defensive maestro and the other guys do play their roles.

I mean, the Tampa game was a landslide but the first two against Justin and I were close bouts. As long as Ty doesn't rock the boat much over the course of the season, I can definitely see him competing for a playoff spot.

All true.  And I realize I'm a "newb" here.  From what I have seen though, wins/losses have a LOT to do with team chemistry, and that has a LOT to do with the words of the GM.  Just surprised that he made so many missteps, and still has a functioning, winning, squad.

Strike

Quote from: Mike "I Have The" Powers on February 10, 2013, 03:57:16 PM
All true.  And I realize I'm a "newb" here.  From what I have seen though, wins/losses have a LOT to do with team chemistry, and that has a LOT to do with the words of the GM.  Just surprised that he made so many missteps, and still has a functioning, winning, squad.

Oh no, I do agree it's very surprising, given the circumstances from the offseason.

But the team itself isn't bad at all and giving Street the money and PR could have easily been the right move that set Ty on this course rather than the opposite way. But we'll wait and see what happens.

GM Franchise

Steamers are the biggest surprise this season by far. With all the preseason drama that went on there it's amazing how well the team is playing.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Domingo

Not the best of moves in Honolulu...

GM Franchise

I agree. I can see it backfiring in a big way.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I can fix this I'm Bob the Fucking Builder ok,
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Mike Powers

GM Franchise

Ty

JOSH NO!!! Always talk coach first.

GM Franchise

FBL Franchised, Vol. 4 –
A Sign:

I'm GM James Franchise with another edition of FBL Franchised after another good week of games and a TON of drama going on. Good thing I'm down here in Tijuana away from that. It's nice down here. Good change of pace from the FBL. Been able to think down here. Now let's get down to business with the weekly FBL rankings and stats analyzed by yours truly.

Franchise's Unofficial Power Rankings, Week 2:
1.   Montana Bears (4-0) Up 5
2.   Kentucky Hayseeds (3-0) Up 5
3.   Las Vegas Aces (3-0) Down 2
4.   Mississippi Steamers (3-0) No movement
5.   Puerto Rico Waves (3-1) Up 2
6.   Roswell Aliens (3-1) Down 3
7.   Texas Stallions (2-1) Up 6
8.   Virginia Colonials (2-2) Down 7
9.   Boise Spuds (2-2) Up 1
10.   Seattle Toppers (1-2) Up 5
11.   Hollywood Stars (1-2) Up 1
12.   Honolulu Volcanoes (1-2) Up 2
13.   Boston Bells (1-3) Down 5
14.   Tampa Bay Dragons (1-3) Down 3
15.   Anchorage Glaciers (1-3) Down 7
16.   Pittsburgh Blades (1-3) Up 2
17.   Providence Diamonds (0-3) Down 1
18.   Wyoming Wolves (0-4) Down 1

A lot of movement in the power rankings this week. Bears are the only team with four wins so that locked them into the top spot. Hayseeds and Aces are the two teams I think overall are the best going by the game results. When the Bears play the Aces will determine a lot out West. Steamers, the surprise team of this season, were the only team not to change positions from last week's rankings. Biggest mover up was the Texas Stallions who moved up 6 positions while both the Virginia Colonials and Anchorage Glaciers dropped 7 positions. Not a lot of movement in the middle of the pack but the two teams that seem to be in the most trouble are the Diamonds and Wolves. Going to be interesting to track the movement week 3.

Franchise Players of the Week:
East –
Troy Marshall (Waves, vs. Colonials): 42 pts, 11 rbs, 12 asts, 3 blks, 4 stls

West –
Redford Shack (Aces, vs. Aliens): 40 pts, 17 rbs, 6 blks

Honorable Mentions –
Mason Griffin (Wolves, vs. Bears): 28 pts, 6 rbs, 1 blk, 1 stl
Nick Gravin (Bears, vs. Wolves): 27 pts, 14 asts, 3 stls
Harry Allan (Bears, vs. Wolves): 27 pts, 5 asts, 2 stls
Champ Martin (Aliens, vs. Stars): 25 pts, 3 rbs, 13 asts, 4 stls
Ernie Bell (Spuds, vs. Wolves): 28 pts, 3 rbs, 6 asts, 4 stls
Damore Richards (Waves, vs. Colonials): 40 pts, 1 rb, 2 stls
Krease McCool (Steamers, vs. Dragons): 38 pts, 8 rbs, 9 asts, 2 blks, 3 stls
Kamil Bennett (Hayseeds, vs. Diamonds) – 32 pts, 20 rbs, 1 blk
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Hayseeds) – 29 pts, 3 rbs
Kamil Bennett (Hayseeds, vs. Blades) – 28 pts, 10 rbs, 1 blk
Damore Richards (Waves, vs. Bells) – 30 pts, 3 stls

Franchise MVP Ladder:
Ladder will start in two weeks but as of now Redford Shack and Troy Marshall are the BIG favorites going by the fact they both have won the Franchise Player of the Week Award two weeks in a row. Damore Richards and Kamil Bennett are right on their heels followed by Krease McCool, Damore Richards, and Scott Cunningham.

Rookie Watch:
Here's my list of top rookie stats from week 2...
Creed Jackson (Volcanoes, vs. Toppers) – 15 pts, 8 rbs, 1 blk
Jamal Tees (Aliens, vs. Stars) – 15 pts, 2 rbs, 5 asts, 3 stls
JR Valentine (Stars, vs. Aliens) – 10 pts, 8 asts, 1 stl
Ben Williams (Glaciers, vs. Bears) – 12 pts, 11 asts, 2 stls
Nick Bliss (Glaciers, vs. Bears) – 15 pts, 4 asts, 2 stls
Dennis Reigns (Spuds, vs. Wolves) – 7 pts, 7 rbs, 2 asts, 3 blks, 2 stls
Ronnie Stanza (Spuds, vs. Wolves) – 7 pts, 15 rbs, 4 blks
Andreas Kurtz (Wolves, vs. Spuds) – 16 pts, 4 rbs, 2 asts
Ben Williams (Glaciers, vs. Volcanoes) – 13 pts, 3 rbs, 8 asts, 1 stl
Nick Bliss (Glaciers, vs. Volcanoes) – 15 pts, 3 rbs, 2 asts
Creed Jackson (Volcanoes, vs. Glaciers) – 15 pts, 7 rbs, 1 blk
JR Valentine (Stars, vs. Spuds) – 10 pts, 2 rbs, 11 asts, 1 stl
Dennis Reigns (Spuds, vs. Stars) – 9 pts, 9 rbs, 3 blks, 1 stl
Ronnie Stanza (Spuds, vs. Stars) – 9 pts, 12 rbs, 1 blk
Swoop McCarthy (Wolves, vs. Bears) – 18 pts, 2 rbs
Andreas Kurtz (Wolves, vs. Bears) – 11 pts, 5 rbs, 3 asts
Billy Russell (Bears, vs. Wolves) – 9 pts, 5 rbs, 3 asts, 1 stl
Thomas Morgan (Hayseeds, vs. Diamonds) – 11 pts, 11 asts
Bobby Chang (Diamonds, vs. Hayseeds) - 13 pts, 3 rbs, 12 asts, 2 stls
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Hayseeds) – 29 pts, 3 rbs
Reggie Jones (Dragons, vs. Stallions) – 17 pts, 3 rbs
Mack Ryan (Waves, vs. Stallions) – 8 pts, 10 rbs, 1 blk
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Blades) – 9 pts, 2 rbs, 2 asts, 1 stl
Jose Caballero (Bells, vs. Blades) – 9 pts, 6 rbs, 1 blk
Mack Ryan (Stallions, vs. Colonials) – 6 pts, 14 rbs, 5 blks
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Waves) – 8 pts, 5 asts, 2 stls
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Waves) – 8 pts, 3 rbs, 5 asts, 1 stl
Jose Caballero (Bells, vs. Waves) – 11 pts, 5 rbs, 1 blk

More good play from the FBL rookie class and here's how the Franchise Rookie Ladder has shaped up after two weeks. Not much movement but I'm loving what the Glaciers rookie backcourt is doing. Bliss and Williams will become a dangerous combination if they are kept together. Reigns has moved past Jackson for second on this list. The guy is a legit Defensive Player of the Year candidate and had a big week again.

1.   Scott Cunningham (Diamonds)
2.   Dennis Reigns (Spuds)
3.   Creed Jackson (Volcanoes)
4.   Ben Williams (Glaciers)
5.   Nick Bliss (Glaciers)
6.   Andreas Kurtz (Wolves)
7.   JR Valentine (Stars)
8.   Reggie Jones (Dragons)
9.   Thomas Morgan (Hayseeds)
10.   Bobby Chang (Diamonds)

On the bubble: Swoop McCarthy, Jamal Tees, and Ronnie Stanza

Bench Watch:
Here are the top bench stats from week 2 of the season...
Jamal Tees (Aliens, vs. Stars) – 15 pts, 2 rbs, 5 asts, 3 stls
Sunshine Stream (Stars, vs. Aliens) - 15 pts, 4 rbs, 9 asts, 2 stls
Abrax Stagiousous (Stars, vs. Aliens) – 10 pts, 2 rbs, 7 asts
Harry Allan (Bears, vs. Glaciers) – 14 pts, 1 rb, 4 asts, 2 stls
Billy Russell (Bears, vs. Glaciers) – 6 pts, 4 rbs, 1 ast, 1 blk, 2 stls
Flash Davis (Spuds, vs. Wolves) – 10 pts, 1 rb, 7 asts, 3 stls
Barry Kingman (Spuds, vs. Wolves) – 9 pts, 4 rbs
Ramick Lazco (Spuds, vs. Wolves) – 11 pts, 7 rbs, 3 blks
Flan Bulous (Aces, vs. Aliens) – 11 pts, 1 rb, 8 asts, 5 stls
Findi Muwama (Aces, vs. Aliens) – 9 pts, 6 rbs, 1 blk
Jamal Tees (Aliens, vs. Aces) – 8 pts, 6 rbs
Sunshine Stream (Stars, vs. Spuds) – 15 pts, 8 rbs, 6 asts, 2 blks, 4 stls
Abrax Stagiousous (Stars, vs. Spuds) – 9 pts, 6 asts, 2 stls
Harry Allan (Bears, vs. Wolves) – 27 pts, 5 asts, 2 stls
Billy Russell (Bears, vs. Wolves) – 9 pts, 5 rbs, 3 asts, 1 stl
Bob Breaker (Hayseeds, vs. Diamonds) – 8 pts, 8 rbs, 1 blk, 1 stl
Michael Free (Hayseeds, vs. Diamonds) – 9 pts, 4 rbs, 3 asts, 2 blks, 1 stl
Bobby Band (Dragons, vs. Stallions) – 8 pts, 2 rbs, 6 asts
Zizac Rekov (Dragons, vs. Stallions) – 11 pts, 5 rbs, 3 asts, 1 blk
Massimo Torre (Stallions, vs. Dragons) – 10 pts, 1 rb, 5 asts
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Blades) – 9 pts, 2 rbs, 2 asts, 1 stl
Jose Caballero (Bells, vs. Blades) – 9 pts, 6 rbs, 1 blk
Country Sampson (Blades, vs. Bells) – 14 pts, 9 rbs, 4 blks
James Cross (Colonials, vs. Waves) – 10 pts, 3 rbs, 5 asts, 1 stls
Country Sampson (Blades, vs. Hayseeds) – 7 pts, 8 rbs, 1 blk
Bob Breaker (Hayseeds, vs. Blades) – 11 pts, 8 rbs
Michael Free (Hayseeds, vs. Blades) – 8 pts, 5 rbs, 2 asts, 1 blk
Massimo Torre (Stallions, vs. Colonials) – 9 pts, 2 rbs, 6 rbs, 2 stls
Suziki Hondo (Waves, vs. Bells) – 6 pts, 11 asts, 3 stls
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Waves) – 8 pts, 5 asts, 2 stls
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Waves) – 8 pts, 3 rbs, 5 asts, 1 stl
Jose Caballero (Bells, vs. Waves) – 11 pts, 5 rbs, 1 blk

Franchise's Top 5 Sixth Man Ladder after week 2...
1.   Harry Allan (Bears)
2.   Sunshine Stream (Stars)
3.   Flan Bulous (Aces)
4.   Bob Breaker (Hayseeds)
5.   Michael Free (Hayseeds)

Random thoughts...

Really like what I'm seeing from the Hayseeds. I think they are overall the most solid team in the Eastern Conference. However, as I've said time after time, Chuckles Tree will be a liability at some point. That said I think they could pull a Bells from a few seasons back and make a FBL Finals run with a seven man roster.

Bells need another scorer. It's that simple. That is BY FAR their biggest weakness and the biggest reason why they only have one win right now.

Aces are playing like a team that wants to win the championship badly. However overconfidence is the only thing that worries me. With all of this championship talk what happens when they don't win it? Just a thought.

Am I sensing a feud between the Stars and Bears over Drummond? I think so especially over Lincoln Frazier's comments on the matter. When these two teams play it's going to be very interesting.

To sum up the Seattle Toppers, they need an overhaul in the offseason. This team is not the same team as the previous two seasons. They will be lucky to make the playoffs going by how they've played thus far. However they did get a win this week. They need to build off of the momentum from that win and move forward.

Blades need to start Country Sampson. Never thought I'd type that but it's true going by how much of a spark he is giving them at the Center position.

Glaciers have a nice looking team but the coaching situation is a total disaster. Might I suggest to GM Rebel that he go for George Nest who is reportedly interested in the position because of the disarray that is going on in Honolulu right now.

Diamonds have the right GM and Coach combination with Rob and Bogolov but they need to get the right players for the team. No nonsense, gritty, hardworking players are what the team needs. No primadonnas allowed so to speak.

Volcanoes are a disaster. I like their roster as a whole but the Creed Jackson PR situation and the coaching situation are both massive PR headaches for this team. They need to get all of this under control and fast because this is quickly becoming a wildfire that cannot be put out.

Steamers are a HUGE surprise this season. GM TyTy should be proud. Just hope he can keep it together so the team can make a run for the playoffs.

Cazluc Vraba isn't too popular in Virginia. As I've said before him and James Cross are the top two reasons why the Colonials are a powder keg waiting to explode. GM Jon needs to get these two under control before it backfires on him. Both are good players just have a history of stirring up trouble.

Could Leighton Lee end up playing in Spain next season? If I was GM Cory I'd be very worried about that scenario.

What's up with the question of a Spuds move? Something to watch. Even though I'm not too popular there I'd hate to see the team move although I do hear the Dakotas are nice this time of year.

Chi Chi Gonzalez had 24 assists against the Aliens. TWENTY FOUR! That is not a typo. The entire Aliens team only had 15.

Another non-typo: Corbin Dallas has 28 rebounds against the Wolves. The ENTIRE Wolves team only had 23.

Also I had a sign today. I was sitting in my office here in Tijuana and a Seagull sat on the ledge by my window. It then turned, looked at me, and then flew toward the ocean again. I think it's a sign. Hopefully it is since San Diego is just across the border. Anyway got to get my team ready for the games this week against Monterrey and Acapulco. I'll be back next week with another edition of FBL Franchised. Adios, amigos!

Ty

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on February 10, 2013, 07:12:16 PM
"Please.  You wouldn't know where to stick it if it was flashing neon green with puppies and rainbows shooting from it."

-
-
-

"George Nest, please."

Im not sure, either bad plan or greatest response ever

Strike

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on February 10, 2013, 07:17:24 PM

Im not sure, either bad plan or greatest response ever

Some of column A...

ALL of column B.

Watchen's made it clear he's not working with Rebel after this season anyway, so I don't see the harm. <_<