News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

"Shooting forward" is, however, a slang term for a small forward who takes the majority of a team's shots. Sort of a portmanteau of shooting guard and small forward.

There's also a "point forward", when the small forward has enough ball handling and passing skill that he brings the ball up the court and lets the guards move around to get in position for quick scoring plays. It's a bit unconventional, but it causes all kinds of matchup problems.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on February 22, 2013, 11:11:26 AM

There's also a "point forward", when the small forward has enough ball handling and passing skill that he brings the ball up the court and lets the guards move around to get in position for quick scoring plays. It's a bit unconventional, but it causes all kinds of matchup problems.

Lebron James.

Hondo

Exactamundo.

Also, UK used to run a point forward offense with DeAndre Liggins. Pretty effective at times.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Strike

This is good info. Although I went and corrected myself nonetheless just to be sure, it being the FBL and all.

Dorling

Quote from: JackHondo on February 22, 2013, 11:11:26 AM
"Shooting forward" is, however, a slang term for a small forward who takes the majority of a team's shots. Sort of a portmanteau of shooting guard and small forward.

Don't try to blow my mind Hondo. I know the 5 basic positions and I'm almost at the stage where I know what each guy is supposed to do. I don't need your highfalootin' alternative basketball theories jackin' my shit.

Or something.

Black Death

Larry Bird would be consider the first Point Forward ... hell they coined the phase because of him
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Strike

Quote from: Dorling on February 22, 2013, 12:01:50 PM
Don't try to blow my mind Hondo. I know the 5 basic positions and I'm almost at the stage where I know what each guy is supposed to do. I don't need your highfalootin' alternative basketball theories jackin' my shit.

Or something.

Basketball terminology can be a bit of a mother...I'm slowly, gradually learning a good chunk of it myself.

Guess I should thank all my time playing NBA 2K13 so far for that.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Chris Strike on February 22, 2013, 03:01:27 PM
Basketball terminology can be a bit of a mother...I'm slowly, gradually learning a good chunk of it myself.

Guess I should thank all my time playing NBA 2K13 so far for that.

That and fantasy basketball also help with learning about the game and the stats related to it.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

Quote from: GM Franchise on February 22, 2013, 04:41:40 PM
That and fantasy basketball also help with learning about the game and the stats related to it.

Aye. Simple crash course into it through FBL and now, starting to further that a bit with talking with you guys in the forums and 2K13.

Fantastic game too...extremely deep, which I like but as a rookie to the series has been a bit of a crash course to learn. Tutorial's helped tremendously, however.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Chris Strike on February 22, 2013, 04:48:08 PM
Aye. Simple crash course into it through FBL and now, starting to further that a bit with talking with you guys in the forums and 2K13.

Fantastic game too...extremely deep, which I like but as a rookie to the series has been a bit of a crash course to learn. Tutorial's helped tremendously, however.

NBA 2K series rocks. When they started working with Jordan and the rookie career option is off the charts fun.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

Brian Beast back at it with the endless questions, lol. This should be good.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

QuoteMeh I dont really care for the place, plus I dont understand about what your saying man about soup...you gonna eat me or some shit...

LOL.

Strike

Quote from: Trumpers on February 22, 2013, 08:20:06 PM
NBA 2K series rocks. When they started working with Jordan and the rookie career option is off the charts fun.

I've always been a fan of the "Be A Pro" series w/NHL, so to see 2K take it to an extra level with MyCareer has been a blast. HUGE fan of the press conference bits and how it affects chemistry, fan base and etc.

¿PapaPancho?

While you guys were busy jerking each others basketball flavored cocks Mike was trying to hit on the PR Lady ... "Managed to go by so long without telling me your name" ... you sly devil you

Strike

Quote from: MaskedLuchaLibre on February 23, 2013, 03:26:34 AM
While you guys were busy jerking each others basketball flavored cocks Mike was trying to hit on the PR Lady ... "Managed to go by so long without telling me your name" ... you sly devil you

Powers is a smooth operator. However, Boise's PR lady seems set on doing her job.