News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domingo

It more than likely will not have fallout until after week 5, unless Jag brings it up.

GM Franchise

From the outside looking in I would've gone with Champ Martin and either Gravin or Chi Chi at back-up PG, Eddie Lights at SG, Griffin at G/SF, Reigns at SF, Drummond and Dallas at PF/C, and Redford Shack (starters Shack, Lights, Griffin, Drummond, Martin). But that's just how I'd go with it.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

While I thought Martin or Gravin not getting the call on their ends was unexpected, I actually like Jag's team on paper.

Plus, as mentioned already, there would have been "controversy" for fleecing one person or another regardless of how it went. I mean, a part of me was almost half-tempted to suggest a one-game only 10 man format for the All-Star game to Ian...but then I realize the controversies are half the fun of these All-Star games, thus far, and therefore, totally okay with just it being 8 players as usual. XD

Mike Powers

Honestly, I was shocked that Ernie Bell made it.  No doubt, he has been playing great for me this season, but it came out of the blue for me.  Quite the pleasant surprise.

GM Franchise

That was a surprise but the biggest surprise to me was Walton.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

Quote from: GM Franchise on February 26, 2013, 10:28:43 PM
That was a surprise but the biggest surprise to me was Walton.

Walton might be able to match up well against Marshall, since he's being thrown in on the SF slot. I also think the reason I was surprised Allen got the nod over Gravin was due to the fact that it was said Gravin's chemistry with Shack and Lights on last season's All-Star game was downright insane.

Domingo

Quote from: Chris Strike on February 26, 2013, 10:40:11 PM
Walton might be able to match up well against Marshall, since he's being thrown in on the SF slot. I also think the reason I was surprised Allen got the nod over Gravin was due to the fact that it was said Gravin's chemistry with Shack and Lights on last season's All-Star game was downright insane.

Yup, he got MVP. It was Gravin at the point, Harding at the two, Lights at the three, Drummond at the four and Shack in the middle. This is pretty much the same team this year with a different point guard.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Chris Strike on February 26, 2013, 10:40:11 PM

If defense and matching up well was the reason then Reigns might've been a better option due to his defensive capabilities. Same applies to Lucic since both he and Reigns play SF.

Quote from: domingoTFWF on February 26, 2013, 11:35:44 PM
Yup, he got MVP. It was Gravin at the point, Harding at the two, Lights at the three, Drummond at the four and Shack in the middle. This is pretty much the same team this year with a different point guard.

This. That team was great last year with Gravin at the point.

Cory

Eh, kinda glad Leighton/Reggie didnt get it. A player earning an "all-star" tag is just more the reason for them to want more money in the off-season.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Hondo

Quote from: Cory on February 26, 2013, 11:44:51 PM
Eh, kinda glad Leighton/Reggie didnt get it. A player earning an "all-star" tag is just more the reason for them to want more money in the off-season.

All depends if their in a good frame of mind to begin with. A really happy player is more than likely not going to request a raise. There are exceptions of course, but it's unlikely. Guys who want raises are guys who aren't bottomed out in the morale column, but are becoming disenfranchised.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Jon

CAZLUC..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Quote from: Jon on February 27, 2013, 08:42:39 AM
CAZLUC..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAZLUC......YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

GM Franchise

Cue Vraba meltdown in three...two...one...

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on February 27, 2013, 09:07:28 AM
Cue Vraba meltdown in three...two...one...

Little late on the countdown.

It already happened.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on February 27, 2013, 09:21:15 AM
Little late on the countdown.

It already happened.

No, it hasn't. He hasn't blown up in your team thread yet.  :D