News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strike

Appreciated on the info, as always, Ian.

We'll be ready. At least, I will be. XD

GM Franchise

Excited for next sesaon.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

ALLLLLLLLLL the family members up in this.

Very interesting draft class.

Jennifer

Jeez Carty's (going on) 37,  McLoo's (going on) 35. They were getting busy when they were pretty young, apparently...  :P

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Ty

McLoo's son is HS so i could see that but damn, Carty's is coming out of college

Mike Powers

Quote from: Cory on March 08, 2013, 04:15:21 PM
I think Cap goes to like 48 and PR to 15

How'd I miss that? Was that on an Inside the FBL episode?

Jennifer

Cap increase rumours have been floated around a few times by Ian.

PR increase hasn't come from Ian, just us GMs wanting it. Don't bank on it.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Sgt. Josh Underpants

looks like I am going to Mexico unless someone else gets fired lol
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Jon

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on March 08, 2013, 05:56:01 PM
looks like I am going to Mexico unless someone else gets fired lol

Because you didnt try for any teams. You sat around and showed no sense of urgency like Ty and James showed.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Every time I logged on the team threads were locked
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Mike Powers

GM Franchise

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on March 08, 2013, 06:52:37 PM
Every time I logged on the team threads were locked

Mississippi's was open for awhile.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

I'd like to see if I could fix Malone.  He is a former number one pick....but I'd mess it up and my whole team would come crashing down lol

Strike

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on March 09, 2013, 12:56:05 AM
I'd like to see if I could fix Malone.  He is a former number one pick....but I'd mess it up and my whole team would come crashing down lol

Malone reminds me of Cross...except with a bit of Vraba in the wackiness.

It's definitely a pet project for anyone gutsy enough to take it.

...so, about him being in Honolulu now...>_>

Jon

Q's Corner
Volume 2

Welcome to Q's Corner for my post Week 6 FBL column.

Lots of craziness happened in the league this week. The biggest news is of course coming from Boise, where GM Powers has reached a mega deal with the Mississippi Steamers that will send himself, his coaches, Ernie Bell, Dennis Reigns, and Ronnie Stanza to Mississippi in exchange for Mississippi's draft picks, Bolak Huir, Jimmy Street, Grizla Valinka, and Truck Lynch. Things are shaping out to be a good Season 12 for GM Powers and the Mississippi Steamers.

That wasn't the only trades that occurred this week. We also saw Creed Jackson traded to the Pittsburgh Blades in exchange for Country Sampson, Bernie Evans, and Pittsburgh's 1st Round pick. This gives the Blades that scoring threat they will need next season.

With that said, huge props to GM Powers and GM Lucha for impressive first seasons in the FBL. They are set-up to have successful sophomore seasons as well.

This week also saw the GM spots in Honolulu and Boise filled. GM Franchise is back!!! And on a island all by himself. But he isn't without pieces he can work with. With two 1st round picks under his disposal, he also has a re-emerged Country Sampson, a veteran Sparky Weasel, and a lock down defender in Lucic Chachenko. If Franchise can get a scorer or two in there, he might field his best team in his FBL career.

Down in Boise, they went with GM Ty. An interesting decision since Boise has just received players that Ty just left. It won't be an easy offseason for Ty, but he has been successful in the past in making up good teams in a offseason.

The last undefeated team suffered their first blemish this week with the defeat of the Kentucky Hayseeds by the red-hot Providence Diamonds. I don't think it's anything for Seeds fan to be concerned with other then they ran into a hot team on the road.

And about Troy Marshall? What a week he had, finishing with 97 points, 20 assists, 19 rebounds, 6 steals, and 4 blocks. His game against the Dragons might have been the single best individual performance in FBL history. He has firm control of the MVP race as he has now left Redford Shack in the dust. As hot as the Diamonds have been... the Waves might be the team to beat currently.

And lastly, playoff races are starting to heat up. It appears that Kentucky and Las Vegas have the 1 seeds locked up, barring any meltdowns. Puerto Rico, Texas, and Providence also find themselves sitting pretty in the East. In the West though... it's going to be a shootout to the finish. Seattle has pulled into the 2nd seed currently with Roswell in 3rd. For the 4th playoff spot, it's really up for grabs. Hollywood currently has it, but  Wyoming and Anchorage have risen from the dead and are tied with Montana and Boise just a half game back. Sure is going to be a fun finish in the Wild Wild West.

Now let's take a look at the goods...

FBL POWER RANKINGS
1. Las Vegas Aces
2. Kentucky Hayseeds
3. Puerto Rico Waves
4. Providence Diamonds
5. Texas Stallions
6. Seattle Toppers
7. Wyoming Timberwolves
8. Roswell Aliens
9. Anchorage Glaciers
10. Montana Bears
11. Pittsburgh Blades
12. Hollywood Stars
13. Virginia Colonials
14. Boise Spuds
15. Tampa Bay Dragons
16. Boston Bells
17. Mississippi Steamers
18. Honolulu Volcanoes

FBL MVP RACE
1. Troy Marshall - Puerto Rico Waves
2. Redford Shack - Las Vegas Aces
3. Kamil Bennett - Kentucky Hayseeds
4. JJ Rogers - Texas Stallions
5. Mason Griffin - Wyoming Timberwolves / Scott Cunningham - Providence DiamondsAces

FBL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR RACE
1. Scott Cunningham - Providence Diamonds
2. Andreas Kurtz - Wyoming Timberwolves
3. Dennis Reigns - Boise Spuds
4. Thomas Morgan - Kentucky Hayseeds
5. Reggie Jones - Tampa Bay Dragons

FBL 6TH MAN OF THE YEAR RACE
1. Sunshine Stream - Hollywood Stars
2. Flan Bulous - Las Vegas Aces
3. Harry Allan - Montana Bears
4. Michael Free - Kentucky Hayseeds
5. James Cross - Virginia Colonials