News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on March 12, 2013, 09:15:29 AM
I like the second deal of getting Walls to play behind Nelson.  I think that's a good fit and someone will finally be able to get something out of Walls.

This was what I had planned if I got San Diego, lol. Walls playing behind Nelson. I like that deal.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Rob

Walls is a lost cause I think.

SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

We'll find out as his career progresses.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

don't think he was worth a first round
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

A lot of money for a poor player, a big risk, probably not worth it at all
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jennifer

Realistically I'm looking for a bench guy with my draft pick (and POTENTIALLY might not even use it at all... I have something I want to have a look at). Didn't want lowball Twinkle too too much, not with lock time closing in and a bunch of deals having already been made.

And I scouted Walls at the beginning of the season and got told he needs someone experienced to play behind and learn from. In fact, I got encouraged to sign Walls if I had the chance. Nelson is exactly the sort've player who can help him develop. Walls is only going to be 24 next season, that's plenty of time to learn.

Also, so far as cap-space goes, it's not like I'm going to be hurting for it after losing Maverick - especially if the cap increases. I only have one player who is on a lot of money (DeShawn). - my next two highest contracts are Valentine at 6.5 and Stream at 6. Walls effectively makes the same as Fields (when you take Fields' PR into account). My weakness has been consistently pointed out as a lack of a natural centre and a lack of overall height, this covers both bases. (and heck, I've still done okay even with that issue and a terrible terrible player on the bench. Both of which were my fault, ofc, but y'know)

Heck, I'm not calling it the best move in FBL history, but I do think it's one that works well for my team. And if nothing else... he can't POSSIBLY be worse off the bench than Dorrance.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Ty

Jon

Why hasn't anyone raided Virginia?

Mr. Hayes is a pretty smart guy, do I doubt you could get Hallmark or Danberry... But Chin Chik and Jorge Ramas are good roleplayers.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on March 12, 2013, 10:22:18 AM
Why hasn't anyone raided Virginia?

Mr. Hayes is a pretty smart guy, do I doubt you could get Hallmark or Danberry... But Chin Chik and Jorge Ramas are good roleplayers.

I brought his up last night, lol. Virginia is the team to look at. I'm shocked no one has made a move on them yet.

GM Franchise

Just finished reading the column Strike and good work. Very fun read. :)

Black Death

because ... most of us are locked it at the moment ... there still a lot of season left

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

T-Bonizzle

It's a decent move on Jen's part. Though Nelson wanted to test free agency and his agent wants some big PR money so there's that, he might not have wanted the trade. The deal hurts Boston a little bit as Stoner is forced to protect Nelson now and release someone else more useful to the team.

Jennifer

Anyone got any children for me to kick?

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Domingo

I was trying to figure out the Nelson deal, too. In my opinion Bells lucked out, because they actually dont have to protect someone they don't have under contract.