Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

I was right out Bliss becoming a prepper, lol.  :P
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

Quote from: GM Franchise on March 16, 2013, 11:42:54 AM
I was right out Bliss becoming a prepper, lol.  :P

Rebel should invest some PR into putting Nik for a guest spot in the "Crawling Dead" TV show that seems to be a wonder these days.

Sure, he'd annoy everybody with all his "input" on how zombies should be combated, but hey...all the support a GM can give to his players, eh?

Dorling

Quote from: Trumpers on March 16, 2013, 11:35:18 AM
Active GMs you can put your player protections in the future deal thread. I wont count it as a news story, but it will save us time messing about.

I have no idea who I'm protecting yet. I likely won't until the end of the season.

Hondo

Quote from: Dorling on March 16, 2013, 01:12:50 PM
I have no idea who I'm protecting yet. I likely won't until the end of the season.

Same, really. I can go one of three different ways with this. But I promise I'll get it done as quick as I can.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Mike Powers

Where you specify "active" GM's....do I not have a say in my last player protection?

Strike

I wanna see how a few things fall out in these next few weeks before I make a full decision on all the protections. Still one or two slots to decide here, but I'll get this done prior to the season ending.

GM Franchise

We dont have a say in the protections, Mike. Non-active GM'd teams will end up with auto protects like Boston.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

Quote from: Chris Strike on March 16, 2013, 12:45:56 PM
Rebel should invest some PR into putting Nik for a guest spot in the "Crawling Dead" TV show that seems to be a wonder these days.

Sure, he'd annoy everybody with all his "input" on how zombies should be combated, but hey...all the support a GM can give to his players, eh?

I was actually thinking about getting him some training in zombie survival with our resident survival expert, and CRW owner, Talon Wilkinson.

Mike Powers

Will he add a 6th person to the list, or just keep the 5 that are being traded?

Jennifer

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Rebel, get him the Zombie Survival Guide as a peace offering.

GM Franchise

FBL Franchised, Vol. 11 –
In Chucky We Trust:

Guess who's back? Back again. GM Franchise, back again with another edition of FBL Franchised. One more week to go in the FBL season and the league is in a state of chaos but that's normal. This is the FBL after. First off I'd like to offer my condolences to Chucky Dorrance and his family. I'm sorry for your loss. The kid was a fan of mine so hopefully his killer is brought to justice. Now it's time for the usual Franchised FBL rankings, analysis, and stat lines.

FBL Power Rankings:
Here are the FBL Power Rankings after week 8...
1.   Texas Stallions (10-4)
2.   Montana Bears (9-6)
3.   Kentucky Hayseeds (12-2)
4.   Puerto Rico Wave (11-4)
5.   Las Vegas Aces (11-3)
6.   Seattle Toppers (9-6)
7.   Anchorage Glaciers (8-6)
8.   Roswell Aliens (8-6)
9.   Providence Diamonds (8-6)
10.   Hollywood Stars (7-7)
11.   Tampa Bay Dragons (5-9)
12.   Pittsburgh Blades (5-6)
13.   Wyoming Timberwolves (6-9)
14.   Virginia Colonials (6-8)
15.   Boise Spuds (5-9)
16.   Boston Bells (3-12)
17.   Mississippi Steamers (4-10)
18.   Honolulu Volcanoes (1-13)

Rankings are all over the place. Top six are a crapshoot for the FBL championship as far as I'm concerned. Aces, Hayseeds, Waves, Stallions, Toppers, and Bears all are legit threats to win the championship. MAJOR props go out to GM Domingo and GM Jag for turning their teams around this season after poor starts. Same can be said to GMs Strike and Justin but to a lesser degree. More of team chemistry taking a few weeks to come together . Tampa Bay has shown tremendous improvement the last two weeks. I'm excited to see how they gel next season. Timberwolves need to get it together because they are starting to fall apart. Everyone else is doing about the same as last week except for the motivation issues for the Aliens and Wolves.

Franchised Players of the Week:
West –

Eddie Lights (Aces, vs. Volcanoes): 32 pts, 3 rbs, 6 stls

East -
Troy Marshall (Waves, vs. Blades): 34 pts, 5 rbs, 5 asts, 1 blk, 3 stls
Note: Extremely close second goes to Kamil Bennett for his game against the Steamers.

Honorable Mentions –
Joe Harding (Toppers, vs. Wolves): 31 pts, 2 rb, 8 asts, 2 stls
Rich Deane (Toppers, vs. Wolves): 30 pts, 1 rb, 3 stls
Nick Gravin (Bears, vs. Aces): 21 pts, 4 rbs, 12 asts, 2 stls
Lincoln Frazier (Bears, vs. Aces): 20 pts, 11 rbs, 2 asts, 3 blks
Eddie Lights (Aces, vs. Bears): 26 pts, 2 rbs, 1 ast, 2 stls
Deshawn Drummond (Stars, vs. Volcanoes): 21 pts, 12 rbs, 1 ast, 2 blks, 1 stl
Ty Williams (Glaciers, vs. Wolves): 26 pts, 14 rbs, 3 blks
Lincoln Frazier (Bears, vs. Aliens): 25 pts, 12 rbs, 2 asts, 2 blks
Corbin Dallas (Bears, vs. Aliens): 16 pts, 23 rbs, 1 ast, 3 blks, 1 stl
Deshawn Drummond (Stars, vs. Toppers): 21 pts, 10 rbs, 2 blks, 1 stl
Joe Harding (Toppers, vs. Stars): 26 pts, 1 stl
Rich Deane (Toppers, vs. Stars): 20 pts, 3 rbs, 2 stls
Redford Shack (Aces, vs. Volcanoes): 24 pts, 10 rbs, 2 blks, 1 stl
Ricky Hallmark (Colonials, vs. Dragons): 21 pts, 6 rbs, 9 asts, 1 stl
Clint Danberry (Colonials, vs. Dragons): 22 pts, 11 rbs, 1 blk
Leighton Lee (Dragons, vs. Colonials): 23 pts, 2 rbs, 12 asts, 1 stl
Reggie Jones (Dragons, vs. Colonials): 24 pts, 3 rbs, 1 ast, 1 stl
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Waves): 26 pts, 3 rbs
Damore Richards (Waves, vs. Diamonds): 26 pts, 2 rbs, 2 stls
Troy Marshall (Waves, vs. Diamonds): 28 pts, 8 rbs, 5 asts, 3 stls
Krease McCool (Steamers, vs. Bells): 22 pts, 5 rbs, 6 asts
Freddie Bishop (Hayseeds, vs. Stallions): 22 pts, 7 rbs, 2 blks, 1 stl
Kamil Bennett (Hayseeds, vs. Stallions): 21 pts, 11 rbs, 1 blk
JJ Rogers (Stallions, vs. Hayseeds): 27 pts, 2 rbs, 12 asts, 2 stls
Caleb Toom (Stallions, vs. Hayseeds): 20 pts, 12 rbs, 2 blks
Leighton Lee (Dragons, vs. Bells): 20 pts, 2 rbs, 11 asts, 2 stls
Reggie Jones (Dragons, vs. Bells): 22 pts, 3 rbs
JJ Rogers (Stallions, vs. Diamonds): 24 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 2 stls
Miles Peters (Stallions, vs. Diamonds): 20 pts, 2 rbs, 2 stls
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Stallions): 23 pts, 3 rbs
Kamil Bennett (Hayseeds, vs. Steamers): 32 pts, 15 rbs, 1 blk

Top 10 MVP Ladder –
1.   Troy Marshall (Waves)
2.   Kamil Bennett (Hayseeds)
3.   JJ Rogers (Stallions)
4.   Scott Cunningham (Diamonds)
5.   Eddie Lights (Aces)
6.   Redford Shack (Aces)
7.   Freddie Bishop (Hayseeds)
8.   Damore Richards (Waves)
9.   Reggie Jones (Dragons)
10.   Krease McCool (Steamers)

Troy Marshall and Kamil Bennett are a two horse race for the MVP. Overall, spanning the entire season, those are the two best players with Rogers, Cunningham, Lights, and Shack being on their heels. However there's one name I want to bring up that isn't even on the radar and that's Reggie Jones. Very little fanfare and putting up MONSTER stats every game the past three weeks or so. Second best rookie this season yet he's not getting much hype. If I was a Dragons fan I'd be very excited for my future now that Lee, Jones, and Reed are the three man knockout punch that the Dragons have been looking for. And how did this guy not get drafted higher is what I want to know. He's playing out of his mind. Only rookie I can compare to Cunningham who is hands down the rookie of the year. But Scotty, watch out. Mr. Jones is coming for you and he's a baller. Looking forward to many Dragons vs. Diamonds games down the line with those two going at it.

Rookie Watch:
Here are the top rookie stats from week 8...
Dennis Reigns (Spuds, vs. Aliens): 6 pts, 7 rbs, 2 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl
Ronnie Stanza (Spuds, vs. Aliens): 9 pts, 10 rbs, 1 blk
Jamal Tees (Aliens, vs. Spuds): 11 pts, 2 rbs, 6 asts, 2 stls
Swoop McCarthy (Wolves, vs. Toppers): 15 pts, 2 rbs
Andreas Kurtz (Wolves, vs. Toppers): 14 pts, 4 rbs
Billy Russell (Bears, vs. Aces): 11 pts, 6 rbs, 2 asts, 1 blk, 2 stls
Creed Jackson (Volcanoes, vs. Stars): 15 pts, 7 rbs, 1 blk
JR Valentine (Stars, vs. Volcanoes): 13 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 2 stls
Swoop McCarthy (Wolves, vs. Glaciers): 14 pts, 4 rbs
Andreas Kurtz (Wolves, vs. Glaciers): 12 pts, 4 rbs, 2 asts
Ben Williams (Glaciers, vs. Wolves): 11 pts, 2 rbs, 9 asts, 1 stl
Nick Bliss (Glaciers, vs. Wolves): 11 pts, 2 rbs, 5 asts, 1 stl
Billy Russell (Bears, vs. Aliens): 9 pts, 2 rbs, 2 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl
JR Valentine (Stars, vs. Toppers): 12 pts, 8 asts, 2 stls
Creed Jackson (Volcanoes, vs. Aces): 14 pts, 6 rbs
Reggie Jones (Dragons, vs. Colonials): 24 pts, 3 rbs, 1 ast, 1 stl
Bobby Chang (Diamonds, vs. Waves): 11 pts, 1 rb, 9 asts, 1 stl
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Waves): 26 pts, 3 rbs
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Steamers): 10 pts, 1 rb, 5 asts, 1 stl
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Steamers): 11 pts, 1 rb, 6 asts, 1 stl
Jose Caballero (Bells, vs. Steamers): 8 pts, 8 rbs, 2 asts, 1 blk
Thomas Morgan (Hayseeds, vs. Stallions): 13 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts, 2 stls
Mack Ryan (Stallions, vs. Hayseeds): 11 pts, 16 rbs, 2 blks
Bernie Evans (Blades, vs. Waves): 10 pts, 2 rbs, 1 ast
Reggie Jones (Dragons, vs. Bells): 22 pts, 3 rbs
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Dragons): 10 pts, 2 rbs, 4 asts
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Dragons): 9 pts, 2 rbs, 6 asts
Jose Caballero (Bells, vs. Dragons): 8 pts, 4 rbs, 2 asts
Mack Ryan (Stallions, vs. Diamonds): 13 pts, 12 rbs, 2 blks
Bobby Chang (Diamonds, vs. Stallions): 9 pts, 1 rb, 8 asts, 1 stl
Scott Cunningham (Diamonds, vs. Stallions): 23 pts, 3 rbs
Thomas Morgan (Hayseeds, vs. Steamers): 13 pts, 2 rbs, 5 asts, 2 stls

Top 10 Rookie Ladder as of Week 8...
1.   Scott Cunningham (Diamonds)
2.   Reggie Jones (Dragon)
3.   Andreas Kurtz (Wolves)
4.   JR Valentine (Stars)
5.   Thomas Morgan (Hayseeds)
6.   Creed Jackson (Volcanoes)
7.   Jamal Tees (Aliens)
8.   Swoop McCarthy (Wolves)
9.   Nick Bliss (Glaciers)
10.   Ben Williams (Glaciers)
Honorable mention goes to both Ronnie Stanza and Dennis Reigns. Their team being in autolock is honestly the only reason they are not in the top 10. Both are having a tremendous rookie campaign.

Bench Watch:
Here are the top bench stats from week 8...
Flash Davis (Spuds, vs. Aliens): 8 pts, 1 rb, 6 asts, 1 stl
Ramick Lazco (Spuds, vs. Aliens): 8 pts, 6 rbs, 1 blk
Harry Allan (Bears, vs. Aces): 17 pts, 1 rb, 6 asts, 2 stls
Findi Muwama (Aces, vs. Bears): 8 pts, 6 rbs
Sunshine Stream (Stars, vs. Volcanoes): 14 pts, 6 rbs, 5 asts, 3 blks, 2 stls
Tiny Scott (Glaciers, vs. Wolves): 8 pts, 1 rb, 6 asts, 2 stls
Paul Wheeter (Glaciers, vs. Wolves): 8 pts, 4 rbs, 2 asts
Harry Allan (Bears, vs. Aliens): 13 pts, 1 rb, 5 asts, 1 stl
Sunshine Stream (Stars, vs. Toppers): 15 pts, 5 rbs, 4 asts
Scottie Tanner (Toppers, vs. Stars): 7 pts, 2 rbs, 8 asts
Chi Chi Gonzalez (Aces, vs. Volcanoes): 8 pts, 2 rbs, 11 asts, 1 stl
Findi Muwama (Aces, vs. Volcanoes): 10 pts, 10 rbs, 3 asts, 4 blks
James Cross (Colonials, vs. Dragons): 15 pts, 1 rb, 6 asts
Bobby Band (Dragons, vs. Colonials): 8 pts, 3 rbs, 7 asts, 1 stl
Zizac Rekov (Dragons, vs. Colonials): 9 pts, 5 rbs, 2 asts
Butch Paul (Diamonds, vs. Waves): 7 pts, 1 rb, 7 asts
Vernon Nelson (Bells, vs. Steamers): 14 pts, 14 rbs, 1 ast, 2 blks
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Steamers): 10 pts, 1 rb, 5 asts, 1 stl
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Steamers): 11 pts, 1 rb, 6 asts, 1 stl
Mark Daughtery (Steamers, vs. Bells): 12 pts
Bob Breaker (Hayseeds, vs. Stallions): 7 pts, 8 rbs, 2 asts, 2 stls
Michael Free (Hayseeds, vs. Stallions): 7 pts, 5 rbs, 3 asts
Massimo Torre (Stallions, vs. Hayseeds): 10 pts, 4 rbs, 12 asts, 3 stls
Robbie Wright (Waves, vs. Blades): 8 pts, 2 rbs, 6 asts, 2 stls
Hamish Funk (Blades, vs. Waves): 8 pts, 6 rbs
Bobby Band (Dragons, vs. Bells): 9 pts, 3 rbs, 5 asts, 2 stls
Zizac Rekov (Dragons, vs. Bells): 9 pts, 4 rbs, 3 asts
Vernon Nelson (Bells, vs. Dragons): 14 pts, 11 rbs
Rey Rodrigo (Bells, vs. Dragons): 10 pts, 2 rbs, 4 asts
TJ Bailey (Bells, vs. Dragons): 9 pts, 2 rbs, 6 asts
Massimo Torre (Stallions, vs. Diamonds): 9 pts, 2 rbs, 10 asts
Bael Giankopolis (Diamonds, vs. Stallions): 8 pts, 8 rbs, 2 blks
Mark Daughtery (Steamers, vs. Hayseeds): 8 pts, 2 rbs, 1 stl
James Storm (Steamers, vs. Hayseeds): 8 pts, 2 rbs, 4 asts, 1 stl
Tony Luco (Steamers, vs. Hayseeds): 9 pts, 5 rbs
Bob Breaker (Hayseeds, vs. Steamers): 9 pts, 8 rbs, 1 ast, 1 blk, 1 stl
Michael Free (Hayseeds, vs. Steamers): 9 pts, 5 rbs, 2 asts, 1 blk, 1 stl

Top 5 Bench Ladder:
1.   Sunshine Stream (Stars)
2.   Harry Allan (Bears)
3.   James Cross (Colonials)
4.   Jamal Tees (Aliens)
5.   Massimo Torre (Stallions)

Sunshine Stream is basically the entire bench for the Stars and is still putting up a tremendous stat line. He had only one so-so game all season and is my frontrunner for Sixth Man of the Year. Torre has come on strong the second half of the season. Cross and Allan along with Stream are the front runners. Tees has been great off the bench as well all season long.

Random thoughts...

Brady O'Shady calling out GM Rob in public is not a good thing for the Diamonds moving forward morale wise. Honestly I don't blame O'Shady and I'm glad he stuck to his guns. We need more of that with GMs trying to raid the teams without GMs before the offseason. For obvious reasons I'm siding with the Bells on this one. Good for them.

The Hollywood Stars are now taking a cap hit for SIX...yes, that is not a typo, SIX seasons because of the Chucky Dorrance firing which will effect them going forward. With these mentally unstable players you have to tread carefully. That wasn't done here and this was the result. Feel bad for all parties involved. Not a good match for either the player or GM personality wise from the looks of it. Dorrance needs both basketball help and professional mental health help in my opinion.

Increased cap and public relations cap space next season. Liking this a lot considering I'm back next season. Going to be good times.

I like how Leighton Lee put that idiot fan in his place. The Dragons are going to be good next season if managed correctly by GM Cory. Just needs one more piece to the puzzle and they can contend for the playoffs next season.

Kamil Bennett has every right to take a shot at Troy Marshall. However I think Marshall needs to come back this week and show some fire about this because I wouldn't mind a showdown in the playoffs between these two. Let the war of words begin.

Gotta agree with Damore Richards about the Waves. They are becoming a force in the East again and I think a lot of teams should be worried about them going forward.

The natives are restless in Providence and David Kradle is the voice of their restlessness. GM Rob is going to have a tough task this last week to try and get some momentum going into the playoffs. How he handles this latest PR flap will determine a lot.

Bernie Evans, the mild mannered kid on the Blades, has questioned GM Libre's managerial skills. This will be an interesting situation to follow this week since Evans is out of there following this week.

Cowboy Bob Starr has called GM Strike the best GM in Texas history. I don't blame him after how well this season has gone. Although it might be a bit premature. He might want to wait until the Stallions win the FBL Championship to make this proclamation but that's just my opinion on it.

Redford Shack lost it and got ejected from the Aces/Bears game and is suspended this week for the Aces game against Seattle. This is the second time in a week that Shack has blown up about something and GM Dorling may have to lay down the law once again in Vegas.

Rich Deane and GM Domingo have every right to be happy with how the Toppers are playing. Seattle is headed back to the playoffs and Deane is putting up monster stat lines again.

Vegas wanting to deal for Harry Allan? This intrigues me greatly. I wonder how this will play out? Allan is a hot commodity on the trade block and I'm assuming more than one GM has made an offer for him.

Champ Martin says the Aliens are coasting to the playoffs. At this rate they won't even make the playoffs. Glaciers and Stars are on their heels this final week. They need to find something and soon otherwise it'll be a long offseason in Roswell.

Coach Jin Sui possibly going to Milan? More good news for GM Death who's team is in revolution mode. GM Death needs to ride out the final week and lock in for the offseason before the natives get even more restless. Cut his losses and move on from there.

Nick Bliss is apparently a doomsday prepper preparing for the zombie apocalypse...well at least that job goes with his glasses. He looks like a doomsday prepper.

One last thing. Let me show this.
Quote from: Trumpers on February 24, 2013, 08:24:46 AM
Someone needs to get Swoop McCarthy a blow out kit. My aunt was a cosmetologist. It's something you do to the hair to get the kinks out. And get him some green grease. We need to get that hair relaxed or do something, man. Need to do something about that hair.

Alright that's all for now. Until next time, this is GM Franchise signing out. Predictions League update coming soon. Get those picks in and get those lock ins soon so we can get to the playoffs. :D

Mike Powers

Quote from: GM Franchise on March 16, 2013, 02:53:35 PM
The Hollywood Stars are now taking a cap hit for SIX...yes, that is not a typo, SIX seasons because of the Chucky Dorrance firing which will effect them going forward. With these mentally unstable players you have to tread carefully. That wasn't done here and this was the result. Feel bad for all parties involved. Not a good match for either the player or GM personality wise from the looks of it. Dorrance needs both basketball help and professional mental health help in my opinion

I was under the impression from the General News that the insurance is going to pay out his contract, and Jen is in the clear.

Strike

Quote from: Mike Powers on March 16, 2013, 11:26:03 PM
I was under the impression from the General News that the insurance is going to pay out his contract, and Jen is in the clear.

Might have been he wrote this part prior to the Dorrance death General News bit and just didn't edit it out when it came to the final draft? *shrug*

Jon

Quote from: Mike Powers on March 16, 2013, 11:26:03 PM

You'd be right Powers.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors